Stolen Pixels #198: Breen Fortress, Part 4

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #198: Breen Fortress, Part 4

Dr. Breen makes a difficult choice ... and faces the consequences.

Read Full Article

Nice one :)

And the band is gone, just like that. I'll never forget...whose-it, whats-it, and Joe.

muy bueno gracias

Ah Shamus, you're more devious than the Announcer. Promising us that someone will die in this comic, then killing some characters who never even had camera time in the first place. You cur!

Metro knows what's happenin'

Not bad for a guy who's been combine-erised.

Good one.

Nice comic! And number 200 s coming up!

NOT THE BAND.

Heh. I liked it.

Not the band! ;o hehe, hilarious

aaronmcc:
muy bueno gracias

I don't know if you are being ironic, but apologize for crippling the beautiful Spanish language.

YAY! Metro and Breen live! That's always good.

Good one

Has Metro been a criminal mastermind before? He really knows how these people think.

Oh, she's good. If only every talk-show band could die in an explosion - no, wait! Sorry. Murder is bad.

No, not the band!!

Clever. ;)

My bets the paid audience is gonna be next :P. But what happened to the metro wanting the zelda pre-release copies. Shamus explain yourself!!

WhiteTigerShiro:
Ah Shamus, you're more devious than the Announcer. Promising us that someone will die in this comic, then killing some characters who never even had camera time in the first place. You cur!

They had camera time, they where in one panel. He even linked the panel.

LuLz!

"Now I'm going to have to hire a new band."

Hire? Hahaha! Good one, Breen. Seriously though, be careful when kidnapping a new band. Some of them could be rebel infiltrators. You'd be amazed at the damage a man can do with a trombone.

Hah, that was a great twist indeed! Didn't see it coming. This is pretty good so far.

Abedeus:

aaronmcc:
muy bueno gracias

I don't know if you are being ironic, but apologize for crippling the beautiful Spanish language.

Actually, aside from missing punctuation, it's perfectly good Spanish... "Very good, thanks".

wtrmute:

Abedeus:

aaronmcc:
muy bueno gracias

Actually, aside from missing punctuation, it's perfectly good Spanish... "Very good, thanks".

I have no idea in which country "muy bueno" is acceptable. "Muy bien" is correct, methinks. He could always say "Muy bonito", but that would be a bit weird.

Also, we don't take kindly to folks who use 3 words and call it a "post".

Daystar Clarion:
Metro knows what's happenin'

Not bad for a guy who's been combine-erised.

Well, Metrocops are actually still fully human. That's why they get shitty armor and weapons. You rise in rank in the Combine as they alter you more and more. But yeah, Metro is surprisingly savvy for your average mook.

Haha, never saw it coming.

I think it could have been better if the last panel was cut out and used for the next comic. More shock value and such. Then again I'm not the one who makes comics and articles for money...

Dr.Breen *killed* Combine Bassist

Dr.Breen *killed* Combine Drummer

Dr.Breen *killed* Combine Guitarist.

Abedeus:

aaronmcc:
muy bueno gracias

The english language is having a much harder time sir.

PS: just what exactly is wrong with what I said?

Abedeus:
I have no idea in which country "muy bueno" is acceptable. "Muy bien" is correct, methinks. He could always say "Muy bonito", but that would be a bit weird.

"Muy bien" can be used, I grant you that, but it would translate as "very well", not "very good". Native Spanish speakers everywhere can use "muy bueno", generally because they're eliding the subject -- and the verb estar, which carries about zero content. "[Este episodio está] muy bueno". It's somewhat colloquial, but not even the RAE could fault that construction -- again, outside of there being no punctuation.

As for the post being too short, I cannot defend it. It is short, indeed. But please don't say "we don't take kindly to folks who", it seems like you're about to dispense some frontier justice on the guy :P

Onyx Oblivion:
And the band is gone, just like that. I'll never forget...whose-it, whats-it, and Joe.

Aw, man! Not Joe! I always used to laugh when he did that thing... you know what I'm talking about, right? That thing! Yeah, that one.

Our lives are surely dimished. Curse you, Administrator! CURSE YOU! *ineffectual fist-shake*

wtrmute:

Abedeus:

"Muy bien" can be used, I grant you that, but it would translate as "very well", not "very good". Native Spanish speakers everywhere can use "muy bueno", generally because they're eliding the subject -- and the verb estar, which carries about zero content. "[Este episodio está] muy bueno". It's somewhat colloquial, but not even the RAE could fault that construction -- again, outside of there being no punctuation.

Aaaand here comes my nit-picking. Estar would be pretty faulty here. "Ser" is much better, since generally, when you say "esta" it means "it looks" instead of "is". For instance, "ella esta joven" means "she looks young", but "ella es joven" means "she's joven". English language is complicated too, but Spanish is more so.

Hilarious, thank for another superb pixel!

Nice subversion of the whole "Tonight someone DIES" thing. Well played, Shamus, well played.

By by Ms. American Pie...

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 62318)