Stolen Pixels #198: Breen Fortress, Part 4

Pages PREV 1 2

Abedeus:
Aaaand here comes my nit-picking. Estar would be pretty faulty here. "Ser" is much better, since generally, when you say "esta" it means "it looks" instead of "is". For instance, "ella esta joven" means "she looks young", but "ella es joven" means "she's joven". English language is complicated too, but Spanish is more so.

My first instinct would indeed be to use ser in that expression, but most likely the correct verb in that phrase would be indeed estar. You see, it depends on whether the strip can be considered intrinsically,fundamentally good or whether it is an accidental property of how Shamus managed to write it, lay it out, etc. Please check a page here for uses of ser and estar. Cases can be argued for both, though...

Gun bomb... Crafty...
Oh, and Spoiler Warning is awesome.

Okay, I want this serialized, syndicated, and stereotyped. Between this episode and where Rohrshach was a guest, I am completely sold on After Curfew.
Too bad about the band. But hey, can always have Johnathan Coulton on as a guest player. Or maybe Black Mesa. You know the rest...

wtrmute:
SNIP

Abedeus:
SNIP

Guys, this is not the venue for this. Take it outside, and to the left. Mind the step, we are on a very high tower. There ya go. All the way down.

Well, someone did indeed die. xD

Nice one, wasn't expecting that little twist.

Aw, I liked the band. Great comic as always, Mister Young.

Giving a gun that is a bomb is really clever. That way the dick head who actually pulled the trigger would be the one to die.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here