Rebecca Mayes Muses: Heavy Rain

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Same old slop, nothing with any feeling or skill. Just another bland 2 day song with no real feeling behind it.

Such a sad thing... this thread.

Maybe one day they will have a point of interest, but I doubt it.

I was expecting some sort of real project, since this is a 3 day weekend and all. I guess I was just wrong about that.

Oh yeah, just for future reference....

Don't beg for help from the simple group you plead to..... it makes one sound rather pathetic when asking for help with the: "{Really Project)".

If you don't have the talent to make your own original product..... don't beg for random people to do it for you. It makes you look like an ass. But if you are a cute girl, then I guess you can get away with anything on this site.

The posts prove that.

I still recommend a real producer come along and work for the independent album. You need separate help for that!

...i think i love you

and also, i want to have your babies

OT: the song had a different feel to it then the others

and what happened to the subtitles that used to be there?

liked it anyways

and like everyone is sayin "nice costume"

I loved the vibe of the music, and I agree that, without the subtitle lyrics it was harder in this song to really hear and understand the lyrics, but perhaps that's what Rebecca was going for. The game itself tries to convey the emotions, to evoke some feeling in us, but doesn't quite achieve it. It feels like forced emotion for the wrong reasons. So in the song, the lyrics are there, but you have to force yourself to listen out for them over the rest of the medium.

Maybe. Least that's how I choose to interpret it.

And while (I can say this and not feel bad because I am a girl only judging myself), I choose to dislike armpit hair, I have no feelings on others and what they wish to do. In fact, before you mentioned it, Rebecca, I didn't even notice! Was only when I knew what to look for, did I actually notice it. Props for defiance of norms!

Awesome song.

Fight the power from the armpits.

Sober Thal....

Wow. Don't get me wrong, I occasionally go off the deep myself, I came by my online tag honestly. But I usually have a reason. You are spitting venom because free, weekly, produced with a shoestring budget entertainment didn't live up to your expectations.

I am... I am both disgusted with your existence and in absolute awe of the size of your ego.
Since I nibble myself sometimes, I know not to feed the Trolls, so will be logging now. Consider this a light snack to sate that monstrous ego of yours. I can't be letting a fellow Troll starve, even if he is something of unreasonable piss ant.

Sober Thal:
Mud rubbing, and flat vocals, make the world go stop.

Sorry they didn't make a real song, they just had a fake Tori wannabe song.

They + that girl who has no real job cept putting video game words into simple non produced songs, get fanboy love because titles mean more than content.

Best of luck to all you fanboy juke box lovers out there! Best of luck in your real world!

It is ok that most of you fail in the cute girl that mentions video games in all of her songs part of this site.

You obviously have a better thought out opinion than I do.

I think you have made your point. About four times on the last two pages. We get it. You don't like the songs. You look down on those who do. No need to repeat it endlessly. I'd appreciate it if you could just accept that tastes differ and not hold other people in contempt for liking things that you don't like, but if you cannot do that, could you at least stop your insults?

Rebecca Mayes:

No one has mentioned the armpit hair yet.
I was expecting some kind of outcry.

To be Honest i noticed it straight away, as it is not something you see regularly in mainstream media/society. but as for the outcry part, it doesnt phase me at all. the appearance of a person means little to me. everyone is entitled to walk about this earth as they please. I see people for the persons they are underneath, stripped bare to thier personalities and how they carry themselfs about in dialogue and convosation.

Rebecca Mayes:

To be honest I didn't think you would like the outfit, the armpit hair or the mud. My boobs were squashed into oblivion and I danced like no one was watching. I had mud in my mouth and I smelt like a pond. When I was making the vid a guy turned up in a van with a parcel for me. I was in the garage. When I appeared, with leaves in my hair from the garage floor, he laughed at me for maybe ten minutes. Great! I thought. I look ridiculous.

Ahh i love it =D
i bet the postman had a smile all day.

Its the so called "flaws" you mentioned that allows me to relate to your messages in your songs/videos. You come across as a gritty down to earth real person/artist, so frequently mainstream media presents us with a manufactured image of people/artist that seem completely unrelatable and to be honest with music which absolutley sucks, because it is about as manufactured and fake as you can get.

I love your videos and your accent because i grew up in the Dorset Countryside.( I moved to Australia 5 years ago) i admit its not exactly where you live. but its a County or two away =) Your videos allow me to remember my childhood growing up on 25 acres of countryside surrounded by farmers corn fields and the local River (The River Avon - Celtic Translation of Avon is River =D, so effectievely it is the River River =D) winding down at the bottom of the property.

Your videos allow me to revist my home and remember how i used to love wandering into the forest/fields and just being one with nature, watching the wildlife and clouds go by. which brings a warm fuzzy feeling to me each time hehe. Also your accent reminds me of the people in the area and thier love for live and the earth around them. i Really miss it sometimes. and your videos allow me to reminiss the good ole days =)

So Rebecca... keep on flashing those armpits, living life how you want to, challenging the norm and making people umcomfortable both in real life and on these forums. Its your life, noone else can tell you otherwise.

Also its why i love you and your work so much =D

Sober Thal:

They + that girl who has no real job cept putting video game words into simple non produced songs, get fanboy love because titles mean more than content.

Best of luck to all you fanboy juke box lovers out there! Best of luck in your real world!

It is ok that most of you fail in the cute girl that mentions video games in all of her songs part of this site.

not everyone will have a mature enough palate to appreciate this i guess.

How odd. I seen a friend of mine playing heavy rain for the first time tonight, and then come home and Rebecca has a video for it. Ive had something of a crush on this girl since the first time I saw her, and I was VERY PLEASED when she was just dancing in the beginning, but her in the mud... omg... I wish i lived in the U.K.

(i could be mistaken, but i think shes from the U.K.)

3_of_8:

Sober Thal:

I think you have made your point. About four times on the last two pages. We get it. You don't like the songs. You look down on those who do. No need to repeat it endlessly. I'd appreciate it if you could just accept that tastes differ and not hold other people in contempt for liking things that you don't like, but if you cannot do that, could you at least stop your insults?

What surprises me is why the hell is that guy steeping down to trolling? In some of his posts I've seen he is clearly against trolls and pointless ads and yet he makes multiple posts giving basically the same message?

That was... different. I liked the part where she actually sang and the lyrics were possible to make out.

Impluse_101:

MBFCPresident:
What...the...hell?

Agreed....O-o....

Not that its bad...

Just unexpected. owo...

I also agree. The music was good but the video was uncomfortable to watch.

Can't wait to see your Yahtzee video!

Was she being hunted by the Predator?

I wanted to point out the fact that sleeveless costumes work best with clean-shaven armpits, but you put that down yourself.

Also it's odd to me that you object to people who call this video sexualised when it so obviously is. I don't know where you got the inspiration, but that Gaga woman instantly came to mind when I saw this. Skin-tight outfits + electronic sounds + the mud = sexualisation. If that wasn't your intention and someone else wrote the script for this video, you should fire him/her. Even a sleeved skin-tight costume would've made it less prominent. I don't want to be a traditionalist and say you shouldn't be allowed to make a sensual clip, but you can't in all honesty deny doing it.

I haven't read all the comments, but one thing that also struck me is that I don't really see any connection between the gameplay footage shown (or indeed the entire game) and your own contributions. It might be in the lyrics, but as noted before they weren't audible.

Your previous posts were loads better, giving off more of the vibe of the games in question and adding your own views on it.

ಠ_ಠ
I...I dunno. I just can't get into this kinda stuff. As an artistic video project..maybe.

If going for a more ethereal personification of the game, kinda like (I cannot find the album I am looking for, it was a sort of personification of the sins and virtues, and had a choral, orchestral feeling to it. Its album looked swirly reddish, and I swear it was titled 'Levitas.' Help me out, this is drivin' me nuts).

ANYways,this is sort of peaceful, and interesting. But watching it being applied to Arkham Asylum and MW2 and such...maybe she should focus on a different medium.

Grand_Pamplemousse:
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of songs down the line she'll say:

"Hey! I'm untalented but all you lonely internet guys like me because I wear tight-fitting clothes!"

While a little harsh, this is pretty much summing up my thoughts. I'm not the one to say what is and isn't art, but I sure hate this stuff.

lacktheknack:

Rebecca Mayes:
No one has mentioned the armpit hair yet.
I was expecting some kind of outcry.

I'm guessing it isn't [a big deal] in America either.

nooooooooooooo, no no no. That's a deal-breaker for quite a few guys here. Bless the open-minded ones, but I will HINT HEAVILY at shaving if ever I find myself in that position.

DAMMIT, double post. ummmmmm...peanut butter jelly time? image

Sober Thal:

I'm not trying to flame here, but was one post really not enough space for you to vent your bile? Did you really need two seperate posts? :S

I didn't quite understand what you were trying to express, but it was definitely interesting to watch and listen to. I kinda missed your usual subtitles.

Sexy, slinky suit, though. I understood that you were sort of going for that performance arts thing at the start, but the mud and the cows felt a bit tangential.

To the people saying that it was uncomfortable to watch: Considering the material that she's covering, that might have been her objective.

Sober Thal:

MBFCPresident:
What...the...hell?

I don't think you mean what I mean, so please explain what it is you mean by saying 'what the hell'?

Is this just an active reference to personal expectations?

I know I'm not impressed, but that doesn't mean the masses aren't impressed.

Right?

What I meant to express by writing "What the hell?" was surprise and confusion. So, I suppose it was an active reference to personal expectations, whatever that means. What I did expect was a musical review of the video game Heavy Rain, not an AMV of the game done in the style of Björk. Besides that, why should my personal opinion be influenced by what the masses think? If I liked or didn't like something the opinions of others shouldn't be important to me. Unless I have some sort of self esteem issues, which I don't.

Hahahaha wtf was that? The music wasn't bad but the video was retarded, like someone on drugs rolling in the dirt and trying to talk to cows. At first I though it was one of those stupid wanna be artsy things then I just felt embarrassed at the mud part...

ploppytheman:
Hahahaha wtf was that? The music wasn't bad but the video was retarded, like someone on drugs rolling in the dirt and trying to talk to cows. At first I though it was one of those stupid wanna be artsy things then I just felt embarrassed at the mud part...

puh-reeeeeetty much.

Johnlives:

BAHAHHAAHHAH

ploppytheman:

Johnlives:

BAHAHHAAHHAH

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJPa8dGBxfM[/embed]

how do u embed?

< youtube> (url) < /youtube>
...i think.

Interesting trance style to the music. I especially love the sweeping panning and time delay on the instruments. However, I do feel as if the vocals should've been louder; it was very hard to distinguish the vocals from the rest of the instruments -- especially without you adding lyrics in the corner like you used to do -- and when your songs are meant to be based around specific topics, having the lyrics noticeable is important so that people can understand what the Hell you're on about.

The video itself somehow reminds me of the film i huckabees. I would post the specific scene were it not for its minor NSFW characteristic. Needless to say, if you've seen i huckabees, you'll probably know the scene that I'm referring to.

ploppytheman:

how do u embed?

I fixed and spoilered it for you. For future reference, it's [youtube=*insert youtube URL after the part of it which says ?v=*]

So for your post it would be [youtube=cJPa8dGBxfM]

EDIT: Check out this thread for more embed information.

Someone is playing games I think.

It's funky, sexy and new. Me like! +1

Very creative. Thank you Rebecca.

Actually I was totally get on here to see/comment if anyone had actually said anything about the armpit hair. It's weird and unexpected, not necessarily ideal, but you are an artist. Madonna pulled it off back in the day and you can now too. LOL

from what i got from the vid, your kind of like imitating a "Heavy" drop of rain?

this is the best Rebecca music/video by far!

totally wacky. I like the David Lynch-like humor of it. Or was the Kentucky Fried Movie?

anyway... I moo it.

Respect for your music creating abilities, your creativity in general. You seem to be able to play pretty much every instrument quite well indeed, no matter what type of music you're making, you're really making it work. Kudos all around :).

Only visited farms a few times, but I can't remember seeing cows that interested in what's happening around them. Pretty cool. Usually they're pretty much the closed off autists of the animal kingdom.

Rebecca Mayes:

Ok the charger on my laptop's just blown peeps and I'm out of battery in five seconds, it's been nice chatting with you, three seconds, and I like hearing your volatile views, two, bye

Ha, that's awesome I like how you respond to hate messages like that. Oh and I liked the video, it was different, and I'm pretty sure the video wasn't really the point, it was the message it's supposed to get across. In that respect I like it even more. Hope to see the next one soon.

hmm I think I liked Monster better, going to listen to that again. :)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here