Hands-On: Transformers: War for Cybertron

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

This is what a Transformers game should dare to be.

Read Full Article

....The game will actually be better than the two Transformer movies and the Upcoming third..

Bay, This is what were Bitching about dammit!.

i like the look of the classes, seems pretty nice.

as for the BattleFields, i agree, but its Cybertron, its all meant to be mechanical, so not much we can do about it unless they think outside the box on Level Designs.

Im happy with what it looks to be shaping up as though.

Escalation sounds like a nice way to evolve Horde gameplay, having an incentive to move around rather than just find the one awesomely defensible place. Cautious optimism growing.

John Funk:

This is what a Transformers game should dare to be.

Read Full Article

So when they roll out this game, I can expect it to maximize my enjoyment? This game isn't just some Mirage? They didn't just bumble their way through development?

>.>

Bah Weep Granah Weep Ninni Bong?

... I'm done.

-m

Matt_LRR:

So when they roll out this game, I can expect it to maximize my enjoyment? This game isn't just some Mirage? They didn't just bumble their way through development?

>.>

Bah Weep Granah Weep Ninni Bong?

... I'm done.

-m

I was fortunate enough to see their demo at GDC, but I didn't get to play (totally pre-ordering this weekend though). I've gotta say, this is post-80s Transformers in its prime.

Who disrupts my coronation?!

This is awesome. Much better than the movies bay has made at least...and looks like be one hell of a game to play!

Enemy Territory: Transformer Wars. Kinda...

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.
Nothing beats a good ol' class based teamplay oriented shooter!

The 22nd can't get here fast enough.

Bay, sit down and play this game for 5 min. Just 5 goddamn min. and see what you fucked up. You could have done so much better, but alas you are a douchebag...

Matt_LRR:
*snip*

Oh, I see, you just swoop in, snarl out a few puns and leave again? Well, I'm on to you sir, like a hound. Can't have you coming in here, trying to ratchet up the excitement, and causing a frenzy.

I too, will stop now.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game

1. The possibility of you've got the touch makes me need to change my pants.

2. This game is shaping up nice.

3. I really hope Starscream defects every two minutes.

Want, want, want, want, want, want, want, want, want, DOOOO WANNNNT!

I love the Transformers franchise and I can barely contain myself.

Logan Westbrook:

Matt_LRR:
*snip*

Oh, I see, you just swoop in, snarl out a few puns and leave again? Well, I'm on to you sir, like a hound. Can't have you coming in here, trying to ratchet up the excitement, and causing a frenzy.

I too, will stop now.

Hate to sideswipe the convorsation but..........I got nothing else.

Not going to lie, the scientist class sounds perfect. We get to put down turrets, heal, and flyyyy!?!?!?!?!?!

This looks awesome, especially since there are no more stupid annoying humans running around the place.
Will it ever come out on Steam though?

When I saw Arkham Asylum on the Game Informer cover years ago when it was in development, I thought "WHAT THE FUCK IS GI THINKING? THIS ISN'T GOING TO BE ANY GOOD!!!"

We all know how Arkham Asylum turned out.

So when I saw Game Informer giving that same level of attention to this game about 6 months ago, I knew better than to write it off as a mistake.

as long as i can play as soundwave, it's all good.

you can play as soundwave:)
but he turns into a truck instead of a tape deck:(

i hope the survival mode can be played in singleplayer with bot allies
other than that, this looks awesome.

Wait, why are they transforming into motor vehicles? I thought that was only what happened when they came to earth?

Regardless, Team Fortress with Transformers?

Yes, please.

this looks excellent! Indeed.

I still have 3 or 4 Vinylpressings for the Movie Sountrack WITH the Stan Bush Anthem.
Love It!

This game will be the most awesomest game evar, if it all works out. I love how the transformers look how they should: Solid pieces of vehicle in the robot, not some insectoid see-through stiltwalker.

Transformers was my past, now it shall be my future again.

Deofuta:
Not going to lie, the scientist class sounds perfect. We get to put down turrets, heal, and flyyyy!?!?!?!?!?!

A man after my own heart!

OT: This game looks incredible. At first I had put this down as a crappy move tie-in, but after reading about it, seems like a must buy!

I am soooo excited for this game! Multiplayer sounds brilliant, and I've played the other transformers games but they were terrible.
I'm glad this plays well, because I used to watch the cartoon when I was younger and loved it.

I would like to hug/shakes hands with/fist pound/high five (depending on personal taste) every person making that game. Optimus Prime will be awesome again... It feels like the world got lighter.

Well im sure shocked at how good this game looks, I will be certainly buying this and it will hopefully provide Optimum gameplay. though I gotta say I will be devastated if it fails to reach my expectations. but it looks like im going to have to hound my mum for the money to get this I hope she won't be a slag about it.

This game has been on my 'must buy' list for so long now.

Plus, Peter Cullen's voice makes me wet myself. Every time.

GLo Jones:
This game has been on my 'must buy' list for so long now.

Plus, Peter Cullen's voice makes me wet myself. Every time.

Me too. In fact, his voice is the only reason I can even stand the Bay movies. The game should be an orgasm for the eyes and fingers for all Transformers fans. Maybe we will even get character selects that have several characters. Maybe even devestator shows up. THE REAL ONE THAT IS.

The game supports 3 person cooperative campaign.
Is that local as well, or just online, or what?

This actually looks pretty solid. Still, I remember a very good Transformer's game on the PS2. Not a movie tie-in, it came before the movies. Anyone else remember that?

I just want to see the customization at this point, other than that this game looks orgasmic.

P.S. I want Peter Cullen to narrate when my child is born. "Its a boy!"
"Now, ROLL OUT."

Games looks like a lot of fun and Co-op game play really excites me I want a game I can play with my friends not against.

All I can say it, hell yeah, it's about time!

I have been waiting ever since this was announced, it's not often I get hyped up because I'm careful about it, I'm glad to see I seem to be right.

It's great to see ENERGON plays a role in this, because it has always been something they fought over, plus seeing Soundwave do his energon cube thing was awesome.

x -- A L P H A prime:
I want Peter Cullen to narrate when my child is born. "Its a boy!"
"Now, ROLL OUT."

You're going to be an awesome parent XD

theflyingpeanut:
This actually looks pretty solid. Still, I remember a very good Transformer's game on the PS2. Not a movie tie-in, it came before the movies. Anyone else remember that?

Yup, the Armada game, I got it, been playing through it recently.

FUll melee char for me please :P

Looking good indeed this game. Want it now and over 2 weeks

chozo_hybrid:
All I can say it, hell yeah, it's about time!

I have been waiting ever since this was announced, it's not often I get hyped up because I'm careful about it, I'm glad to see I seem to be right.

It's great to see ENERGON plays a role in this, because it has always been something they fought over, plus seeing Soundwave do his energon cube thing was awesome.

x -- A L P H A prime:
I want Peter Cullen to narrate when my child is born. "Its a boy!"
"Now, ROLL OUT."

You're going to be an awesome parent XD

theflyingpeanut:

Yup, the Armada game, I got it, been playing through it recently.

xD
Its the one thing i've been thinking of ever since I first heard Optimus speak.
All I need now is to get a friend with a decepticon baby

And peanut, I remember that game. I personally thought it was good.
Maybe its just because they're movie tie ins that they suck. Because ALL if not most movie tie in games blow.

Yay! Someone who knows what to do with a franchise!

Now stop posting news! I need to go to sleep!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here