The Escapist Presents: AFK Interactive

AFK Interactive

Have you ever been running late for a raid and want to let your guild know? AFK Interactive is your solution.

Watch Video

Great idea in concept, shame the biggest piece of MMO cake, WoW, has blizz already on this wagon with their own version of a mobile auction house.

I like the concept, will be a tough sell but overall seems good.

The only thing I'm concerned about is how secure the network otherwise we might have some privacy issues popping up...

Interesting. There's no way they'll sell it to Blizzard though. They already have the WoW Mobile Armory. Shame though, this thing seems to be able to do a lot more.

Aye, it might make a significant presence with the minor western MMOs, but I'd be somewhat surprised to see it get adopted by WoW, or by any of the major asian MMOs.

Still, that does mean a market of potentially millions of people.

Functionality of it really does sound like a dream for as a raid leader, if people actually used it. Doubt the raiders I have problems with would.

Great idea, I wonder how popular it will be though...I wonder how the WoW one is getting on...

Lol, this is cool.

Wow, a way to spend even more time away from the real world...

I hate this.

It better not show up for EvE Online. Something like this in competitive games can cause a massive imbalance. I don't know.. the ability to get a hold of people is nice, but all the extras seem to be just too much. I don't like the idea of playing the MMO on a phone, you should be in-game to do in-game stuff.

MMOs: Finding ways to not play MMOs while playing MMOs since 1999.

Basically, what he described is a phone interface, for a bot interface in an MMO.

Rednog:
Great idea in concept, shame the biggest piece of MMO cake, WoW, has blizz already on this wagon with their own version of a mobile auction house.

I wouldn't be surprised with the closeness of the announcements that AFK did get a piece of the WoW action; it's just that Blizzard didn't want to advertise that they made use of that program (If you pay a big enough sum, it's possible to be royalty free)

Freyar:
It better not show up for EvE Online. Something like this in competitive games can cause a massive imbalance. I don't know.. the ability to get a hold of people is nice, but all the extras seem to be just too much. I don't like the idea of playing the MMO on a phone, you should be in-game to do in-game stuff.

Imagine a "what if" scenario if that actually became one of the trained skills. "Real World interaction upgrade"

Yeah, it's an interesting bit of tech. However, it came across as a blatant advert. There wasn't a lot about development or anything, just a lot of going on about how awesome it was going to be. If you'd seen a transcript of that posted in a thread there would be a LOT of 'advertising' reports going on :/

Don't they already have something like this? Remote Desktop?
I'm so glad I'm not addicted to an MMO, or I would have to buy a cell phone for this app XD

Hrm... Let's see if it comes out for Star Trek Online, Fallen Sword, or maybe RuneScape.

MMO makers. Finding new and exciting ways to keep you their slaves since the internet's dawn.

heck i see a few issuse with it already
1 security: you just need one code monkey to breaks the encoding and everyone who uses it will have the account highjacked
2 in-gameinterfaces: with games all requireing diffrent things like the WoW interface requires you to be present at the AH to make a transaction and at a mail box to pick up the finished trans action
3 RL interfaces: with all these new phones and devices that can open web based browesers you relize that they would have to make programs for touuch screen enabled and for normalsones and after that happens you know someone will want one that can open a voice chat like Ventrilo or Team speak
and here ends my lil rant ... sry it was a lil long

I think it sounds like an awesome idea. Compatability would be the issue though; if they can make it both secure and flexible enough to work effectively on any MMO without comprimising security, i think it would be a really good tool for any avid player out there.

Hopefully we will get this for LoTRO

I hate to be a downer so much, but I certainly hope this project doesn't take off too much.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here