Escapist News Network: Resident Evil Romance

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Funny episode. My favourite part was the Xio arm thing. They've only completed the arm? "Powerglove!" Ah, the sound of broken gamer hopes and dreams, crushed merrily underfoot once again. Music to my ears!

Looking forward to Less Weirdness next week. Indeed, I shall be sorely disappointed if ENN does not have Less Weirdness next week, as will my team of highly trained rodeo-ninjas.

"You were almost a jibble sandwich" "She wished she was his jibble sandwich"

That was the funniest thing I have seen in a while, thank you oh great ones!

I promise you that if you guys published that book, I would buy at least 5 copies of it.

Facility. License. Slappers. No Oddjob.

Man, this sounds like the first 2 minutes of discussion for every 007 party I had back in middle school. I'm glad me and my friends weren't the *only* ones to informally "ban" that short little cheapskate Oddjob, or to play a License/Slappers combo (lulz).

Great video all around guys!

God that "excerpt" sure made me feel awkward.

That segment was awkward and hilarious in itself until it showed Kathleen's reaction. That was priceless. I'll bet you that some fan has written something as campy as that, but only wants its "benefits" for themself.

Also, I don't care how weird it is, but I want to see that plan put into motion next week.

"Well, then what are we going to do with 18 vats of grape jelly?" If nothing else, the credits discussions are enough reason for me to watch each week.

Eww.

Aaahhh! Make the images go away!! I really don't want to have that novelisation stuck as a video in my mind.

I'm with Jer on that excerpt... No. Just, No.

I was expecting Barry to say his famous "I HAVE THIS!" line.

Great video!

Jer_LRR:

gamepopper101:
I think (though I'm not certain) that this episode clearly made fun of Stephani Danelle Perry.

I actually had to google her name. Does she write like that? I hope not.

I was fascinated with the idea of turning stiled, terrible voice acting into a passionate romance novel. RE1 was the obvious choice; Perry just got caught in the crossfire ;).

Actually, she doesn't write romance novels, more sci-fi and horror (her other novels include Star Trek: Next Generation and Aliens). I say I'm not sure because they just use a female author talking about Resident Evil, coincidence?

I wish Kath would be my jibble sandwich. Barry bastard gets all the ladies.

goggzilla:

For their sake I hope its working, because these guys and this site is great and should get more support, but personally I preferred the dry / straight news style from before.

I liked the dry delivery too, but I personally think that the new style is better suited for shamelessly mocking things.

Jibble sandwich. XD

I think a few of my brain cells died from listening to that RE novelisation D:

Also, wtfh was that flash?

BlueInkAlchemist:
Kathleen's expression at the end is just priceless.

Dreamy looks are fun on people. And Kathleen was hilariously perky at the beginning. "My driver's license is really confusing!"

I love this series. And Jer's inability to report on the Resident Evil romance novel...awesomely funny.

Lolth17:
I promise you that if you guys published that book, I would buy at least 5 copies of it.

Don't let book publishers find your email, you have been identified as a terrible book reader.

A hippo? 18 vats of grape jelly? RYAN FREAKIN' QUICKBENDER?!?

Just what do you psychos have planned for us? Give me Shion Sonozaki and a tazer over your freaky plans anyday!

(actually, replace 'Barry' with 'Shion' and I'd be a Jill sandwich too... mmmmmmmm...)

"Well, then what are we going to do with 18 vats of grape jelly?!"

Are you kidding me? You make grape jibble sandwiches, of course!

...jibble sandwich...?

I think I just threw up a little in my brain. How many moneys do I have to pay to forget this ever happened?

Jer, you frighten me. That was hilariously written but you still frighten me. In a good way.

On a different note, grrrr Papyrus. I swear out loud almost every time I see it used incorrectly (which is darn near every time) and shake my fist. For the love of typography nerds everywhere, when will the Egyptian font abuse end?

Hiphophippo:

dex-dex:
that romance story was just fantastic!
and that hippo better get there!

...or what?!

like any parent says to you when your younger
"I am not angry at you, I am just disappointed."
the worst way to screw with your conscious

I don't know what this episode was, but it wasn't funny. Graham's dead serious tone made that whole FF7 bit really preachy, and the novelization was too long and too boring. Okay yeah, I get it, the story is cheesy and ridiculous, but it didn't have to drag on like that.

dex-dex:

Hiphophippo:

dex-dex:

...or what?!

I was actually making a (apparently failed) joke about my user name. I'll be in the corning crying.

Ok that was the most hilarious thing I've seen on here. I held it in with rapt attention through the 'novel' narration, but ocne it cut back to the news room and the various reactions I just started cracking for a few minutes. I'm not even sure what exactly was said in the closing section.

SnowmanCA:

Lolth17:

Don't let book publishers find your email, you have been identified as a terrible book reader.

I'm sure they know that already thanks to my barnes & noble receipts.

Brilliant! While I feel the quality of the opening couple of minutes of your videos have dropped off a bit the last few weeks, the special report continues to be pure gold, no exception here

Hiphophippo:

dex-dex:

Hiphophippo:

dex-dex:

...or what?!

I was actually making a (apparently failed) joke about my user name. I'll be in the corning crying.

i will be honest i was concerned more about your comment not so much on your user name
also there is no need to cry Mr.hiphopippo. have something awesome

waffle shoes!!!

hahahaha! awesome. jibbles?

I know what they can do wiht 18 baths of grape jelly...

Great episode you guys! That romance novel segment was... amazing. o.O

Ah good old ENN with our anchors Flowplayer and Kathleen

Graham's face was absolutely priceless. Awesome episode.

I love how the door opened on the wrong side when the guy kicked it down.

What!? there aren't any hippos native to Canada?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here