Critical Miss: #9

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Read Full Article

Wait, what?

Uh...
Is there something you want to tell us, Grey?
Oh, and I didn't actually know Deus Ex 2 was bad.

Mmm. David Boreanaz is a bit scrumptious.

/I'm straight, honest.

*scratches head*

Oh god, lmao...Well, I certainly wotn disagree about his hair...always seemed so perfect!

And, I do agree with Deus Ex 2...*shudders*

Didn't get it. What?

Amnestic:
Mmm. David Boreanaz is a bit scrumptious.

/I'm straight, honest.

I don't get the appeal. Then again, I'm gay; maybe he only appeals to straight men.

Wait, what?

OT: I'm not quite sure what Mr Boreanaz has to do with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Did I miss something?

FogBird:
Didn't get it. What?

It's a dream for that to happen to her but she knows there's always a catch. The catch here is that "Deus Ex: Invisible War" was crap.

latenightapplepie:

OT: I'm not quite sure what Mr Boreanaz has to do with Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Did I miss something?

The "2004" caption at the top of the second panel. (Also, the fact that she's talking to God in the third panel.)

Also also, someone forgot to change the credit line at the bottom after the Great Comic Renaming....

There was also no hamster in 2004. Maybe this will lead into some hamster origin story... (and funnier comics)

Formica Archonis:

The "2004" caption at the top of the second panel. (Also, the fact that she's talking to God in the third panel.)

Ah. Okay. I get it now...sorta. I think I'm just a little slow today.

Jaranja:

FogBird:
Didn't get it. What?

It's a dream for that to happen to her but she knows there's always a catch. The catch here is that "Deus Ex: Invisible War" was crap.

But I didn't get what the situation she had had to do with the game...

Is the guy in the first panel wearing a Zappa shirt, or do I just try to relate everything to Zappa?

I kinda liked Deus Ex 2. There was just such an extreme difference between the two that they didnt really connect.

FogBird:

Jaranja:

FogBird:
Didn't get it. What?

I am assuming she had to review it, in the last panel the box is on the bottom.

haha! That was great.

And maybe if he made me a cake invisable war would have been easier to swallow...

FogBird:

Jaranja:

FogBird:
Didn't get it. What?

Something really good happened to her but the catch behind it was that Deus Ex 2 was bad.

insert Rick Roll Here!

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss #9

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Read Full Article

Well... The title is just perfect for the webcomic...
Penny Arcade, this aint.
Also, Deus Ex was not that bad a game. I love how people bitched about Invisible War yet, they all fucking loved the pezzo di merde that was Mass Effect II. Mass Effect II was so far altered from the first game, and the plot didn't even make sense. At least the plot for Deus Ex 2 wasn't full of big gaping holes normally found in swiss cheese.

Hmmm good choice, although I'm more of a Hugh Jackman man myself ;P

Huh? I'm rather confused...

Jaranja:

FogBird:
Didn't get it. What?

Ooooohhh. That's it. I get it now.

guess you can tell who never played deus ex around here... Myself included! Critical miss indeed...

I think the catch was she had to gives it a good score.

My interpretation of the joke:
I think the David Boreanaz+Cake thing was Gods way of karmicly making up to the main character for inflicting Deus Ex 2 upon the world. The disgrunteled expression in the last frame indicates that David Boreanaz+Cake was insufficient to make up for the poor quality of Deus Ex 2.

My thoughts on the series in general:
While this series has not thrown me into fits of laughter, but I enjoy it none the less. The jokes always give me a chuckle and there are usually more than one packed into the strip. I also appreciate how each panel has extra elements, like the hamster, which warrant a 2nd and 3rd viewing after my initial scan. Critical Miss is a great addition to the Escapist.

Eehhh... the joke just fell flat. I hate to say this, but this comic really has become a constant series of "Critical Misses".

haha that was pretty good lol
never played 2, but the new DE game looks great so far

Huh? I don't get it, but.... The cake is a lie!

Heh, that was pretty good, keep it up guys.
Even though I haven't played either Deus Ex.

latenightapplepie:

Formica Archonis:

Ah. Okay. I get it now...sorta. I think I'm just a little slow today.

'sall right. I've been having one of those days for the past two days.

This is a hilarious one. Laughing out Loud much.

I suppose you may have had to play the Dues Ex series to get a laugh from this one, so I can understand why I felt "Meh" about it.

And why does it still say "Out of Tens" at the bottom of it?

I love this comic. So snarky :)

Jaranja:

FogBird:
Didn't get it. What?

I thought it was just the guy trying to butter her up and buy her review of the game and her seeing pass it and then playing the game and finding out it was terrible.

Whoops! We remastered this one from the HD version where I hadn't changed the name title. Hell it wouldn't be Critical Miss without at least one fuckup.

I should quantify here that I don't think Invisible War is that bad taken into it's own account, though it is a poster boy for oversimplified console games.

But when regarded as a sequel to Deus Ex? Probably the best game made as of yet? (Ocarina of Time can suck it) Disasterous, absolutely disasterous in every respect.

Edit: Oh and for all those guys making the "this comic is a critical miss" jokes. Enjoy that low hanging fruit I left there for you. It's good for you.

Ha! That was a good one.
I was one of those who loved the original Deus Ex. Invisible war was a terrible sequel.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 54305)