Unskippable: Hybrid Heaven

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

What was that? The riffing was funny as always; but, seriously, what the heck is this game?

oh awesome! I think this is the first game you guys did from the suggestion thread. Did not disappoint!

I feel so old now lol. talk about blast from the past! Love it

Just think, 10 years from now we'll be looking at the games we play today like "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

God I remember crapping my pants the first time I saw a character in a game have actual fingers instead of a cupped wing with textured fingers. How in awe I was when soldiers in call of duty pointed at things.

N64 is old school? I'd go with middle school, an awkward period in gaming where changes occurred that had yet to grow into. (As evidenced by these graphics...ugh)

Ah, the retro days of the N64... Although I don't think I've ever heard of this game... and the opening makes no goddamned sense!

Especially the naked bits. Why did that one guy have to be naked anyway? I get that he was in the shower, but would it have at least killed him to at least put a towel on?!

Oh man. That was really freaking old. Oh and the cutscene made no sense. Did anybody notice how that guy was walking when he had clothes on? It's like he had a stick in his butt or something.

I can't actually watch this because of the Publisher's Club splash screen constantly hanging fire. 7 seconds, my arse. Way to drive people away guys.

Blue-State:
Why are they doing a game that is over ten years old?

Why not?

Wow... I actually don't remember this game, which is defiantly rare for me.

Blue-State:
Why are they doing a game that is over ten years old?

A; Because it can be a perfect Unskippable.
B; It doesn't need to be about THE LATEST GAMES, GUYS. Often, the "classics" and retro ones have much more kick to them.
C; Shut your face.

Now.. What the HELL did I just watch? I'd say that it's the baddest of all bad cutscenes and POINTY HAIR.. But wow.. That would be giving it a boost!

I remember playing that game many times. Like some horrible child of an action game and an rpg.

I remember thinking the combat system needed... well, it needed to be replaced by something usable.

Still, I did play it many times. I can't at this point recall if I enjoyed it.

its ok, I speak her language; ''hmmmununhmmmmahmmmm''

OMG I laughed my ass off at that one! XD

silly naked people :P

You guys are on your game this week. Both Unskippable and LRR were hilarious.

"i take it you out"

Paul: Well some of them

lmao great episode guys

snowfox:
Just think, 10 years from now we'll be looking at the games we play today like "Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!"

God I remember crapping my pants the first time I saw a character in a game have actual fingers instead of a cupped wing with textured fingers. How in awe I was when soldiers in call of duty pointed at things.

OMG that is how Mass effect 2 looked?!?! urgh it's horrible...back to Mass Effect 6 XD

hehe theirs me in 10 years...

Haha I always wanted to play this game but never got around to it. The good ol' days of 64-bit. As revolutionary as Blast Processing.

The thing tat lightens my mood on mondaymorning! I wasn't disapointed!

I now have a new Annoying Quote of the Week: "Break it again, break it again!"

Haha, this was great. You seem to be doing better episodes on older games, maybe because you have much "better" games to choose from? Keep it up.

Wow, I actually played this game, a really crappy game but hilarious commentary as always.

That was awesome. It's great to see a really old intro being made fun of. Now if we can just get them to do the Shenmue opening.

I remember that game, I rented it like 10 years ago, it was weird as hell, and I remembered those graphics where not that great even for its time. It had some (at that time) cool concepts for an RPG, it was a bit more action oriented (mostly like Zelda), but, again, it was wierd as hell.

That was hilarious, I never thought you were going to poke fun of a 10 year old game.
What about poking fun of a Syphon Filter game?, maybe Parasite Eve?, if it has to be an N64 game, it has to be Turok 2 & 3, those had a pretty decent and a bit leghty (also very blocky) intro. Also Shadow Man had a pretty lenghty intro.

Xsist:
Haha :P The future 10 years ago ^^ Was odd to see how bad the graphics where back then. I remember them being super realistic!

Samething happened with Zelda Ocarina of Time, I could have sworn those graphics were realistic back then and then they released the game for gamecube and they looked like ass.

Another great episode! I actually really like them doing retro games. Keep it up.

I have no idea what happened in that video. Funny comentary - but can anyone explain what actually happened?

I agree that the graphics looked a lot worse than I remembered in 2000, and I think that every time I play a game from that long ago.

Also, a reference to das Phailhaus. I am pleased.

Hurr Durr Derp:
Running out of recent(ish) games to make fun of? :P

Nope! Just thought it'd be funny.

GrahamS:

Hurr Durr Derp:
Running out of recent(ish) games to make fun of? :P

Nope! Just thought it'd be funny.

It was. I got a chuckle out of it, and it was probably a perfect intro to make fun of for how little sense it made. I was just wondering why the sudden leap back in time.

Of course, pretty much anything is justifiable in the name of humor with a show like this.

The marriage thing wasn't funny for me but the rest was hillarious XD and I have amnesia.

About the release date of the game, it's still a funny cutscene that lets Graham and Paul create some golden viewing.

I can't decide which is worse: this game, with about a paragraph's worth of dialogue, or Zoids Assault, which is pretty much Filibuster: The Game.

That is, I'm talking about the games themselves, not the jokes.

arc1991:

snowfox:

OMG that is how Mass effect 2 looked?!?! urgh it's horrible...back to Mass Effect 6 XD

hehe theirs me in 10 years...

"Little does our hero know that Bioware will be bought off by DUN dun dunnnnn.... Activision! *Gasp!*"

So many funny quotes, damn your awesome

sorry guys but I really dont find you very funny anymore. I used to laugh my head off at your old riffs,especially Run like hell, but lately your jokes just seem stale and overused.
You use too many references to other games and half the time they arent funny.
like how many times are you gonna say "and so Kratos cast himself from the highest mountain in Greece"

Sorry, I dont know what happened but I only get a chuckle an episode now, and thats not enough for me to keep watching.

does ANYONE even know what the game was about?

I mean, were they mutants? aliens? MUTANT ALIENS?!

all I remember was the combat system was way, way over-complicated, and if I remember right, there was a vs. mode that was strangely reminiscent of Virtua Fighter.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here