Yahtzee Wrote a Book

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Yahtzee Wrote a Book

This summer, Yahtzee's first novel, Mogworld, hits bookstores everywhere, and we're willing to bet fans of Zero Punctuation will be dying to get their hands on it. We're so confident of that, in fact, that we persuaded Yahtzee's publisher, Dark Horse, to let us give you the first glimpse of the new novel right here at The Escapist.

Read Full Article

Ah well, hope I'll be able to get the book somehow, if it ever ships here :-(

preordered it ages ago from amazon.co.uk

Why the third person talk?

Where's the bastard who nicked all my Red Dwarf Videos?

First-person narrative, huh? Didn't see that one coming, given that you're always all about letting the consumer immerse themselves in a story (which, of course, is easier when the lead isn't saying "I" every second sentence). Other than that, looks pretty good. I'm picking up a copy for sure.

(P.S. maces are totally Dwarven weapons - conform to Tolkien!)

Might be time to slip my pre-order in before I have to pay all the rest of my bills.

did you know that you can preorder it form amazon.com and amazon.co.uk?

What's it about? What is the plot? Who is the main character? How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

Can we preorder it from Amazon and Amazon dot co dot uk by any chance?

Couldn't resist. Might buy it if I can be arsed.

Holy crap. That was laughably bad.

He's entertaining, but not worth paying for, especially if it's full of MMO references I won't get.

Did you know that Yahtzee wrote a book and you can pre-order it on amazon.com or amazon.co.uk?

Well Yahtzee wrote a book and you can pre-order it on amazon.com or amazon.co.uk!

I'm kind of excited about this and may have to pick it up now

Just wandering if this will ever get shipped out to places like HMV and WHSmiths. That or if I can order it on The Forbidden Planted website. M'eh not been too excited about all this but I'll give it a go if I can find it in any of the mentioned places.

That looked pretty cool, actually.
I might have to look into getting this book a little more. :)

That was actually pretty funny. It's an interesting concept. I'll be sure to buy it.

My only request is that Yahtzee, Please make an audiobook version.

It would rock.

Wait a second... Can Yahtzze write?

O M G NO!! I really reeeaaally love this book ,but there is no way in the world that i'm gonna buy it, maybe it's better to just forget about it.

Pretty funny. The premise is interesting, and I really liked the developers conversation.

addeB:
Wait a second... Can Yahtzze write?

He's a journalist (and no, I don't just mean ZP) so I should hope so! ;o)

Reminds me alot of Terry Pratchett, I reckon it'll be worth a read.

I'm a bit amazed by Yahtzee. He does his game reviews, writes at least one commentary each week, plays games for review purposes which comes down to cramming as much gaming into x amount of hours as possible, where x is the number of hours he's not writing or recording said reviews and commentarys or taking care of The Mana Bar(You didn't all forget about that, did you?) and yet somewhere along the way he's found time to write a book as well? Granted I'm not much of a reader but I have to wonder, if I may borrow from Yahtzees own repitoire of snappy offhanded comments, if he's not spreading the Branston Pickle a little thin over his own bread.

I....might buy this. I know I got ninja'd on this, but it sounds a bit like Terry Pratchett fan fiction, except it's fan fiction of his style more than the characters.

It's not bad though.

I look forward to this! I hope Tesco sell it

NOOOO!!!

No to the spoiler (sample chapter) that is. An emphatic YES to the book itself.

Ill be hoping to pick it up when it comes out! If anything like his rants shall be spectacular writing!

zombie711:
did you know that you can preorder it form amazon.com and amazon.co.uk?

Well, you can order it from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk!

Eh, I can say I've read worse. Maybe I only don't like it so much because I don't have much of a clue as to what's going on.

Would I say I've written better? Probably, but he's published and I'm not so Mr. Croshaw has already one-uped me in the field of writing right there.

Metal Brother:
NOOOO!!!

No to the spoiler (sample chapter) that is.

Dude, it's chapter two.

Not reading as I'm not spoiling it for myself.
Already pre-ordered it the DAY I heard the news.
Good times August Can't come quick enough =)

soren7550:
Eh, I can say I've read worse. Maybe I only don't like it so much because I don't have much of a clue as to what's going on.

Would I say I've written better? Probably, but he's published and I'm not so Mr. Croshaw has already one-uped me in the field of writing right there.

Being published doesn't necessarily have anything to do with talent, and prestige should not be handed out because of it. He has an established fan base, and he's writing genre work. Both of which make it far, far easier to get published.

I've also read worse, but that doesn't change the fact that the little snippet we were given is really, really bad.

UnableToThinkOfName:
I....might buy this. I know I got ninja'd on this, but it sounds a bit like Terry Pratchett fan fiction, except it's fan fiction of his style more than the characters.

It's not bad though.

That's what I thought; not that Terry Pratchett is a bad thing (one of my faves in fact) but did you ever read Fog Juice (his NaNoWriMo entry some time ago)? That was quite Pratchettesque as well.

EDIT: *does Ninja'd dance*

"This summer, Yahtzee's first novel, Mogworld, hits bookstores everywhere, and we're willing to bet fans of Zero Punctuation will be dying to get their hands on it." Posted by 'Yahtzee Croshaw'. Why the hell are you talking about yourself in a third person narrative?

And yes, he I will be buying your book.

afaceforradio:

Reminds me alot of Terry Pratchett, I reckon it'll be worth a read.

This was the exact reaction I had to it. I figure there are worse things to be compared to.

SICK0_ZER0:
"This summer, Yahtzee's first novel, Mogworld, hits bookstores everywhere, and we're willing to bet fans of Zero Punctuation will be dying to get their hands on it." Posted by 'Yahtzee Croshaw'. Why the hell are you talking about yourself in a third person narrative?

And yes, he I will be buying your book.

Because if you look at the introductory article to the sample it was from 'Editors', not from Yahtzee, so he's not actually talking about himself in third person despite posting it on the forums.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 66590)