Escape to the Movies: Toy Story 3

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Toy Story 3

This week MovieBob reviews the third film in Pixar's 15 year running franchise, Toy Story 3. Don't you feel old now?

Watch Video

fingers crossed...

Edit: Wow... just... Wow. Thanks for the heads up Bob.
TOY STORY FOREVER!

Hell I got emotional during this, if I go see the damn movie Ill probably cry like theres no tomorrow D:

that's great to hear it's a faithful and perfect sequel. that said....

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING UP THAT SCENE FROM THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER?!?!?!? Do you know how LONG it took me to forget that!? DO YOU?!

I really hope this is as good as Bob and all the other critics are saying. Thank God for Pixar and there over-achieving nature.

Saw the movie last night and I couldn't agree more... that last 15 minutes I was tearing up.

And what's worse is I saw it in 2D, so I had no glasses to blame it on.

icyneesan:
Hell I got emotional during this, if I go see the damn movie Ill probably cry like theres no tomorrow D:

yea man thats why i dont wanna go see it with my gf today....its like our childhood in this series *sniff*

icyneesan:

Same here. I probably won't see it in 3D since getting a seat in there would suck, but when I do see it I will cry like a man and own up to it happily.

Hell the opening of "UP" had me damn near tears.

dashiz94:
that's great to hear it's a faithful and perfect sequel. that said....

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING UP THAT SCENE FROM THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER?!?!?!? Do you know how LONG it took me to forget that!? DO YOU?!

It's not that bad, it's a B-Movie, it's just a B-Movie show.

I loved it and brought it in to watch one day in preschool. Turns out I don't scare that easily. Most of the other kids were terrified.

That cinches it. I'm definitely seeing this one in theaters.

icyneesan:

You're not the only one *sniff*

SHIIIIIIIIIT I cannot wait!

Jesus christ!
Why the hell did he do this movie and not Jonah Hex?

For movies featuring children's toys, Toystory has always had a sharp, hard edge hidden under all that plush. That's what made them relatable to the adults "forced" to go see them with the kids. I'm glad to hear that it gets an appropriate send off, and since I'm the one with childlike whimsy in our relationship, I'll undoubtedly make my wife go see it with me.

As a side note:

dashiz94:

I'm not sure what The Brave Little Toaster is, but I sure as hell remember Artax and the Swamp of Despair. Man, was that rough.

Wait... hang on... there's a Toy Story 3? How the bloody hell did I not hear about this?

Oh well, I have now.

Also, did anyone else think for a second there that he was saying it was a bad movie? Right around the "emotional equivalent of a jellyfish" line? Or was it just me?

EDIT: Oh, and yes, I do feel old now. Thanks for that. You bastard.

Alright, I'll see it. But if it doesn't make me cry, I'm going to be pissed Mr. Chipman.
And the last time I cried (as in full on crying, not a tear or two) during a movie was in Fellowship, when Boromir died. And that was at least partially cuz I cried when I read the book and he was dying. So movies have to work hard to make me cry.

Wow... I never heard Bob sound so... Morbid... so devastated.

This is sounding like that last 15 minutes... uhhh... first 10 minutes of Up won't even compare.

I am pretty sure they decided to have Andy going to College because, that is where my generation grew up with the movies as well, time to leave childhood behind, and to move on.

And here I thought this was going to be a cheap, knock-off sequel. Might have to see this.

Yeah, I was 5 when the first one came out, 9 when the second one came out (second film I ever saw at cinema's, first being Bugs Life) and I'm off to University this September, so this film has unintentionally made itself even more emotionally moving than it was to begin with.

This has always been a beloved film series, so it's good to know I'm gonna enjoy it.

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!

WHY DO YOU THINK!?!
That and NO ONE, BUT NO ONE, CARED about Jonah Hex before the movie came out.

Zhukov:
Wait... hang on... there's a Toy Story 3? How the bloody hell did I not hear about this?

Oh well, I have now.

Also, did anyone else think for a second there that he was saying it was a bad movie? Right around the "emotional equivalent of a jellyfish" line? Or was it just me?

EDIT: Oh, and yes, I do feel old now. Thanks for that. You bastard.

Yeah that line sounds kind of negative but the rest of the video is him explaining how amazing it was :p

And I thought this was going to be a bad...

Thanks for the heads-up, Bob.

You mean a continuation of an elder movie that don't suck? Preposterous.

And what the fuck Bob I was waiting all week for you to tell me about the new Karate Kid.

Well Yes, NOW I feel old! And BTW Happy 1st Year On Escapist MovieBob! (I know it was technically last mouth but I forgot, beside thought it be more fun to say on the Pixar movie seeing as "Up" was the first movie review you did for escapist)

I have been so looking forward to this movie, Need to bring tissues with me when I see it. Just what I need another family films that make me cry like a kid again. But now I have to watch it twice and look for cameos the second time around.

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!

Let's see... review the last in a series of movies that have been routinely good and popular for a wide audience or review an action movie based off a little known DC character that will probably be quickly forgotten amidst all the other action movies at best.

I'm glad Bob went for the movie that will almost without fail have more depth :)

I wish I could see this movie in the theaters.I really wish that I could.And I technically can,seeing as how it is being shown tomorrow.But it will be translated to Icelandic to appeal to the youngest generation.Screw the youngest generation,I grew up with Toy Story.I deserve to see this movie in its native language.

But as always.Good review ect,ect.

Man can't wait to see this movie and say goodbye to all the happy child memories Toy Story has brought me.

This is why I love Pixar. These were the movies I grew up on. The best part about Pixar is that they don't just turn out movies to make a profit, they make sure that they have done the best possible job they could do, and that is what makes them epic.

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!

Did you really wanna hear him blast Megan Fox for 5 minutes? :P

OT: Great job Bob, I was hoping you'd do this movie. I want to go see it. I grew up with Toy Story, I have to push over all the youngins to get my movie ticket.

Wait, this movie's out already? Why am I always unaware of such things?!?

I do feel old...geez, has it really been that long?

...I cant believe they decided to revive the francise after the terrible second film, and, it dosnt look like things have improved

oh...

really...?

well i'm slightly nervous now.

Eh, still not convinced this movie is worth seeing... I've never cared for the Toy Story movies, or Pixar for that matter... Their movies have all been boring to me. Only Pixar movie I'll willingly watch is The Incredibles... Truth be told, I was also looking forward to a review of The Karate Kid or Jonah Hex. Although Karate Kid seems to be the better movie, no matter how little Karate is actually in it...

God damn, I was almost tearing up just hearing about all this. If I see the movie there's a 100% chance I will cry.

Toy Story was the first movie I've ever seen. And even though I was so damn young then, I still remember it. Its actually one of my first memories... hell I better stop, I'm starting to tear up right now.

And yeah, now I feel old, and I'm only 18. God dammit

This continues is show off how shitty Disney has become, and that they needed an outside studio (at first) that was better at "being disney" than Disney.

And the death of American hand-drawn animation

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or