Escape to the Movies: Toy Story 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Having grown up pretty much exactly in sync with Andy (and it seems I'm not the only one here), Toy Story's always had that extra emotional edge.

Oh god, I'm almost afraid to see this in a cinema now XD. Sounds like a great use of a sequal though, would be more annoyed if it ended up being shallow.

Sigh... Thank you again for another wonderful review, Bob. It's always what I'm most excited for on Fridays.

I will be seeing this movie soon. And I will bring tissues.

Thank you Pixar. My childhood might be over, but the child inside of me will forever live as long as you continue to make movies of this caliber.

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!
Why the hell did he do this movie and not Jonah Hex?

2 words: Megan Fox
Movie Bob HATES her almost as much as he hates Micheal Bay.

I am the exact same age as andy....holy shit. Like seriously, I am preparing for my first year of college in the fall.....damn.....

Incidentally, I'm part of the age group he was talking about in the beginning of the review. I graduated just this year. And I sort of realized while I was watching it that Andy appeared to me like an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. It was a very moving experience, this movie. I agree with everything Bob said.

And yeah, I guess I should start trying to be more manly from now on... :P

Great, now I hear I am gonna be depressed from it... Oh well, It's Pixar, It's an Animated Film, and It's TOY STORY! So I must see it.

This movie comes out on my birthday (here in the UK). There is no way in hell I am not going to demand that my friends come to see this film with me.

Damn was hoping for a Jonah Hex review ahh well.

its nice that this franchise if being ended on a high note unlike shrek which we will prolly see at least two more of.

kyosai7:
Eh, still not convinced this movie is worth seeing... I've never cared for the Toy Story movies, or Pixar for that matter... Their movies have all been boring to me. Only Pixar movie I'll willingly watch is The Incredibles...

-head explodes-
To each their own.

I'm glad this movie has turned out to be a real, soulful one. Pixar hasn't let me down yet, so I'll definitely go see this one.

Hell, I just exited college and that puts me slightly older than Andy. I remember seeing the first one in theaters, but I am not sure I am ready for this one if it is as dreary as you say.

I'm not sure I want to see it now. I saw Toy Story at the age of 7 and loved it, it'll probably make me cry.

Nurb:
And the death of American hand-drawn animation

Ironically enough, Disney are bringing it back at the hands of John Lasseter. There's only been one so far (Princess and the Frog) but there's more in the pipeline.

My impression of this film when I first heard about it was "Really? Another sequel?"

Then I heard about the premise and could see this coming, "This is going to be the saddest movie EVER."

Thanks for confirming.

In the wake of a reportedly flaccid cash-in for the Shrek series, I didn't think Pixar would disappoint. But to hear that the emotional one-two punch of Wall-E and Up has been followed by what sounds like a deeply moving and stabbingly poignant uppercut in the form of Toy Story 3?

I might need to make room for this one.

DamonO07:

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!

2 words: Megan Fox
Movie Bob HATES her almost as much as he hates Micheal Bay.

Yeah I guess your right.

Wow, I was half expecting him to break out the "nah I'm joking, its a piece of shit" line, thats me looking like a fool.

Might check this one out, even if only to re-live my lost childhood

and yet he still reviews micheal bey movies

also id like to think john malkalvich cancels outs megs bad acting.

I feel like Bob is challenging us...

Its actually good?! Thought it was going to be ruined for sure but I guess I'll have to go see it now.

And has really been 15 years? Christ I'm old now.

I'm already prepared to cry... yeah, I'm one ofthose guys who grew up at the exact right time and pace for Toy Story... 4 years old, got the Woody toy, pulled the string and after it said, "You're my favorite deputy" I said, "I'm his favorite deputy!" to my mom. Good stuff.

Greatest. Review. Of all time.

I cannot (and will not) wait to see this movie. This Tuesday, come rain or shine, I am going to camp outside my local theater, buy a ticket for both showings, and watch the hell out of this movie.

Gods above im tearing up already, who knows how im gonna be during the movie... looks like i cant see this with just anybody... Definitely gonna see it though. And when its out on dvd or whatever, there better be a box set. These are the movies ill want my eventual children to see.

I'm a little bit ahead of Andy as far as age, but considering this review, the fact that I share his name and love of toys makes me both want to see this movie even more. Thanks for giving the review heart Bob! It means a lot. Now to go watch the movie!

LawlessSquirrel:
Having grown up pretty much exactly in sync with Andy (and it seems I'm not the only one here), Toy Story's always had that extra emotional edge.

Oh god, I'm almost afraid to see this in a cinema now XD. Sounds like a great use of a sequal though, would be more annoyed if it ended up being shallow.

no, your not...i was 5 when the first one came out and me and my cousin(being 3 when the first one came out) are planning on seeing it this weekend...im afraid i will be balling after this movie ends now lol

man i grew up with toy story i rember going to the movies with my dad watching the first 2 movies...tho now it looks like i gotta watch the 3 one by my self since my dad passed away

This might be the first true great animated trilogy in movie history.
BTW, I remember Brave Little Toaster. THAT moment Bob hinted still haunts me to this day.
Also, I have a good idea about who's gonna be one of the cameos.

I was born in '92. I remember going to see both of these movies when I was a kid. Toy Story might just be the first true great movie landmark I can remember.

wow... it really has been 15 years...

damnit now I got a bad case of nostalgia! (adding to the fact that I'm almost of andy's age group)

I'll see this movie first thing I get back from holiday! I guess it's going to be a sort of childhood burial or something...

Also, I never saw Brave Little Toaster, could some one who has enough balls put me up to date?

It's so indescribably relieving to have a studio like Pixar which can be relied upon to churn out fantastic movies with real depth every time.

I'm only a year ahead of Andy. And I will no doubt be bawling... I mean, I teared up during the Return of the King. Overwhelmed by epicness, I suppose?

dashiz94:
that's great to hear it's a faithful and perfect sequel. that said....

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BRING UP THAT SCENE FROM THE BRAVE LITTLE TOASTER?!?!?!? Do you know how LONG it took me to forget that!? DO YOU?!

I know! Oh my God, It's all coming back now!

Wait wait wait, Toy Story 2 is good?? And Toy Story 3 is good???

I seem to have made the fatal mistake of judging a book by its cover, I wrote these two off as crappy sequels milking a franchise, Shrek style.

icyneesan:
Hell I got emotional during this, if I go see the damn movie Ill probably cry like theres no tomorrow D:

My sentiment exactly.

I didn't realize that was the premise of the third movie.

This movie is going to destroy me. I'm a huge sap just in general but I've always had a soft spot for these movies. And let's be honest, if you don't have a soft spot for them you aren't human.

Soylent Bacon:

I seem to have made the fatal mistake of judging a book by its cover, I wrote these two off as crappy sequels milking a franchise, Shrek style.

Luckily for you this is easily fixed. Make haste sir!

Soylent Bacon:

The Shrek sequels were good, though. Granted, not as good as the first, but still good.

God damn you MovieBob. How could you do that to me? How could you hit me with Toy Story, The Brave Little Toaster AND The Neverending Story AT THE SAME TIME?! ARTAX! You stupid horse! Now I can't stop crying. I hope you're happy.

Anyways, I'm a few years older than Andy and this movie annihilated me. Definitely one of the best of the year. Pixar never fails.

Am I right in thinking it's not out until next month here in the UK?

Christ, I nearly cried in this video - I'll never get through the film!

Soylent Bacon:

Please tell me you're not saying you've never seen Toy Story 2...

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!

This isn't even worth a reply! What's wrong with you man?!

The moment they announced Toy Story 3, I knew I wanted to see it without hesitation! But after seen clips of the movie online, I wanted to see it SO BADLY! But this weekend is looking REALLY busy for me, and it's like torture, because I want to see this movie SO MUCH!

Yeah, I was one of those kids who saw Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in theaters, so this... Well, yeah.

As for the review, yeah, I kind of knew this would both begin and end on an emotional note, and I'll probably never look at toys the same way again. But I've seen some of the funnier moments on YouTube, and I've got to say, I seriously can not WAIT to see this!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here