Escape to the Movies: Toy Story 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Wow, toy story is the same age as me, which results in Andy being the same age as me, which results in... I'm Andy! Oh wait, I'm not.

I am as old as andy...christ all mighty I feel old.

Wow, really been 11 years since 2?

Man, I wonder what Pixar will cook up for my kids, will it be as good as our shows?

Questions, questions and questions...

Broken Orange:
I am as old as andy...christ all mighty I feel old.

I know, right? I just hit College myself. It really is liked they planned it.

VanityGirl:

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!
Why the hell did he do this movie and not Jonah Hex?

Did you really wanna hear him blast Megan Fox for 5 minutes? :P

Since no one else has, I'll do it. I'd blast Megan Fox for 5 minutes!

Seriously though, keep that stick bitch far away from me. I can't stand her, or Katherine Heigle.

Huh. I'm pretty sure I'm actually in "Andy's" graduating class....

Maybe I should see this.

Moriarty70:

VanityGirl:

Haseo21:
Jesus christ!
Why the hell did he do this movie and not Jonah Hex?

Did you really wanna hear him blast Megan Fox for 5 minutes? :P

Since no one else has, I'll do it. I'd blast Megan Fox for 5 minutes!

Seriously though, keep that stick bitch far away from me. I can't stand her, or Katherine Heigle.

OK, I know this is a double post for something completly stupid and insignificant, not to mention immature, but.....

.....Damnit. I was gonna make a sex joke about blasting Megan Fox, but it's not coming together.

I am ashamed.

Good to know. ^_^ I was worried they were going to slaughter it and with Toy Story being one of my childhood movies, I didn't want to see that happen.

But I know I'll end up crying. Nostalgia puts me in tears quite easily, and like you said in the review, it'll probably end up hitting home for me since I'm off to college in the fall (yep, feeling old too). Damn you, Disney, and your painfully good timing.

........Aww....Aww hell........

Dammit! God I'm already thinking to much over how the movie is gonna be but hell I gotta see it...

*Grabs a lighter and holds it up* Toy Story. You will be Forever Remembered.

I can't wait; I watched Toy Story 1+2 so many times, at least 3-4 times a year and hearing all th praise about 3 made me pumped.

Nurb:
This continues is show off how shitty Disney has become, and that they needed an outside studio (at first) that was better at "being disney" than Disney.

And the death of American hand-drawn animation

It wasn't alive for very long. IMHO everything after Secret of NIMH (which was done by a Disney defector) went downhill until Pixar came in and made things right.

I saw the midnight showing and I must say... no movie has ever made me so nostalgic. But it is sooo good.

Toy Story was the first movie I ever saw in theaters. I'm off to 1st year this fall. I still remember the nightmares I got from the freaky toys in the first movie. I even saw toy story on ice when I went to a friend's birthday party. I don't remember the story very well but I feel like I need to watch this movie.

How could so many people expect this to be a horrible milking of the franchise? This is Pixar people. They're the good guys. Cars is the only Pixar movie to ever disappoint me, and that's because it was aimed squarely at younger children and I was way past the target age.

Huh? I guess I am too old for Toy Story, because I have no emotional connection to the characters. All this blubbering in the video really makes Bob sound like a pussy! :P

addeB:
Wow, toy story is the same age as me, which results in Andy being the same age as me, which results in... I'm Andy! Oh wait, I'm not.

Toy story is 15 years old and it was Andy's 6th birthday in the 1st movie.

GaudyMarrko:

addeB:

Toy story is 15 years old and it was Andy's 6th birthday in the 1st movie.

Awh, didn't think about that, but... Andy's age is synced with mine now! (Almost any ways...)

I myself am only 15. But, thanks to my older sister I've managed to create an emotional connection between these movies because she had them and eventually I watched them. I will definitely see this movie eventually.

Edit: Interesting note: Andy's full name, Andrew Davis, is coincidently the same as my friends name.

ARTAX! NOOOOOOOO! D,:
(Although for sheer quantity and quality of "Noooooo!" moments, "Watership Down" still wins every time for me. It's been one of my favourite films since I was about 6.)

OT: Ok, I really, really want to see this, but it doesn't look like it's out in Germany yet, so I still have time to do some sacrifices and pray to the film gods that the local cinemas show a version in OV. I have reason to fear - "Wall-e" came out here after it was already on DVD in the UK. "Up" was never shown in OV in my area and I had to wait until I got the DVD to see it. "How To Train Your Dragon" had only a few showings in OV the first week it was out - I was lucky to catch it. "Splice" has only been shown at ~23:30 and in German since it came out. Shockingly though, "Sex and the City 2" is still running in OV - WHHHHHY? *kicks Kinopolis and Cinemaxx* You're bastards, both of you. It's almost worth seeing if I can smuggle myself onto one of the US bases......

Or maybe I'd be better praying that "Toy Story 3" and "Splice" will still be showing in the UK when I'm back there at the end of next month.

Am I the only person in existence who didn't enjoy these movies as a kid?

Yeah...

Not gonna have dry eyes at this one. Watch for the big dude in the leather jacket sobbing.

velcthulhu:

Quite possibly.

Suddenly, manly tears everywhere.

Bob seems so sad.

Like so many others here I am the same age as Andy. i was 5 when the first came out and this follows my age perfectly. If the beginning of Up brought a tear to my eye I know I will be full out crying at the end of this one.

The Toy Story series has always threatened to take over my top 10 movie list. At least I'll still have 7 other options for my top 10.

That slim jim ad is really starting to bother me.

Thanks for honest review and the heads up Bob, though I doubt your forwarning about the final 15 will stop the water works when I go to see it.

The Pink Pansy:
And here I thought this was going to be a cheap, knock-off sequel. Might have to see this.

ITS PIXAR! They'd NEVER do that to the last movie in thier flagship series. Or have you been living under a rock for so long (namely between TS2 and now) that you've forgotten that Pixar never half way does anything

velcthulhu:

yes you are

Wow. I was going to watch it just to hear Kristen Schaal play a dinosaur, but...

huh.

AgDr_ODST:

The Pink Pansy:
And here I thought this was going to be a cheap, knock-off sequel. Might have to see this.

ITS Pixar! They'd NEVER do that to the last movie in thier flagship series. or have you been living under a rock for so long (namely between TS2 and now) that you've forgotten that Pixar never half way does anything

No offense man, but these days I automatically assume sequels are cheap knockoffs until proven otherwise, regardless of who makes it.

I felt very teary eyed just watching this review. I cried in the Lion King when Muhfasa died....if this review tells it as it is then, its probably best if I watch it alone in the corner of the cinema, or wait till its out on DVD -.-

Either way, I think I need hug :(

velcthulhu:

Most certainly, dear Sir.

OT: Well, I cried almost all the way through Up, so I'd better get very hydrated for this one...

Hoping to see it soon, as Toy Story is one of favourite films.

Yyyeah.

The rest are mostly Pixar ones aswell.

A sequel that doesn't rape my childhood memories? I'm there!

Wow Bob, you made me realize that I have grown up with Andy.

I am excited to see this movie, I know I will be crying like a baby by the end.

I'm the perfect age like you said bob, can't wait to see this.

And with this, I think Pixar has forever shattered any skepticism about what they can make a movie out of. Now, I loved Toy Story. I'd even go as far as to say that it's my favourite movie of all time. But every time I heard about a new Pixar movie in the pipeline, I would always look at the concept and think, "that doesn't look good at all." Luckily, I was proven wrong each and every time.

Pixar has proved they can make movies with unappealing protaganists (Ratatouille), movies about talking critters long after talking critters lost their charm (A Bugs Life, Finding Nemo), superhero movies that fly in the face of convention while still relishing the basic concepts of children's movies (The Incredibles), and even high-concept movies with almost no dialogue (WALL-E). Now, they've proven that they can successfully create a string of sequels without the money-grubbing that is normally associated with that sort of act.

Bravo, Pixar. I will never doubt you ever again.

The Pink Pansy:

AgDr_ODST:

The Pink Pansy:

ITS Pixar! They'd NEVER do that to the last movie in thier flagship series. or have you been living under a rock for so long (namely between TS2 and now) that you've forgotten that Pixar never half way does anything

No offense man, but these days I automatically assume sequels are cheap knockoffs until proven otherwise, regardless of who makes it.

technically its the third movie in the series not a sequel. No one(except for you maybe) considers the 3rd movie to be a sequel to the 2nd

the first one came out 15 years ago!?! damn now I feel old

anyway good job Toy Story, I'll remember you always.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here