E3 2010: ENN: E3 Bytes - 6/18/2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

<<< Wants to play Milo Royale.

This was a good short series, in formative and entertaining. I hope you guys do something similar for PAX and Gen Con, maybe have Moviebob do a guest shot as the correspondent who talks about the "Thor" previews.

Pugiron:
For the love of God, someone else sponsor an Escapist Vidoe. If I have to watch that mouth breathing Canadian shill SlimJims like a wusst Canada version of Randy Savage in front of every single video next week, I am going to invade Canada and pay them back for Edge, justin Bieber and Nickelbacl. Especially fucking Nickelback.

If you don't like the videos, why are you watching them? And then posting here?

He seems actually to have a problem with some ambiguously referenced commercial that runs in front of the video.

Anyway, I am totally busted on watching ZP first. But in truth, it was Yahtzee that brought me to Escapist, so I'm sure the ENN news crew understands that you hafta dance with who brung ya.

OMG, you are reading my mind! watching ZP before ENN
i actually do it in that order because i'm saving the best for last :)

i'm guessing they came up with the joke by looking at viewing statistics.

The "child" sensing thing worries me a little. I mean, at first glance it seems an alright enough idea, it could, for example, be used for parental controls and scaling back difficulty..

However, I'm concerned that it won't actually be detecting children, rather looking for say, people with skeletal systems that are not as developed as the average adult. The problem is that while children do fit into that category, it isn't exclusive to children.

It seems like such an easy choice from a PR stance for MS to use this child sensing tech to lock out Kinect Video chat and M/T rated games, vocal parent groups would never speak against to a company doing once again their jobs for them.

However, if the system is unable to tell the difference between a child and someone who is afflicted with dwarfism then you're going to end up with people who can't use these features or play these games because the sensor thinks they are 4 rather than 40, which will come with its own fun brand of press backlash.

I love Peter Molyneux :P
I love him so much that hes my avatar!

I don't have a set watching period actually. I usually come here and go "oh yeah!" and watch whatever I think of first :P.

That being said, I like the idea of planing Milo in the ground and having the little Milos battle for your amusement. Thats a game I'd buy :P

lol, Zero Punctuation always comes first I'm afraid. ^_^

How did they know I watch ZP first?!

It's mostly just because the ZP button is waaaaay up here, and the EEN button is waaaaaaay down there though.

TazTheTerrible:
Yah, sorry, ZP comes first for me, but I love you guys too. ^-^

I'm with Taz. Sorry.

No no, I watch you before Zero Punctuation, though it is mainly because I like to save ZP for last, like a delicious dessert, but that's not to say you aren't a tasty pizza.

Anyway, a slightly smaller, but still delicious pizza today.

I look forward to flayling around for the better part of next year.

I watch it as soon as I get acces to my computer. order is random.

Damn you, little brother!

I watch ENN first because it becomes available like a hour or two before ZP :/ anyway these news bites have been very good ^^

Kathleen's getting a bit over the top in my opinion...still, awesome as always. Graham is the master of straight-face.

I'm gonna miss this News Bytes. I liked having a daily dose of LRR.

I don't even watch ZP anymore, tbh. Yahtzee's act is getting old.

i tend to watch enn and then zero punctuation... fun clips from e3 tho

Weird.. ENN always comes 1-2h before ZP, doesn't it? So I always watch it first.

TheAmazingTGIF:
Kathleen had one of the greatest faces I have ever seen.

Kathleen approves.

Bwahaha! Aw, that is classic.

I loved grahams impression of Peter Moleneux and I also watch this before I watch Zero Punctuation :)

Milo Gladiators? I like it. Can you hand them random weapons through the Kinect sensor?

Two minutes of my time that I'll never get back. Thank Gosh goodness for Zero Punctuation on Wednesday! That's not all I watch, tho...the weekly articles are usually worth a look, Experienced points is always an interesting read, too.

CK76:

TheAmazingTGIF:

Kathleen approves.

Would it be weird if I made that my avatar picture?

MowDownJoe, you retarded child molester, I love the videos. I hate the Ads. I am commenting here to let the world know I love the videos, hate the ads, and think you are a moron, in total agreement with your parents.

TheAmazingTGIF:

CK76:

TheAmazingTGIF:

Kathleen approves.

If by weird you mean awesome, then yes. Yes it would.

therandombear:

Hileict:
Two things mainly;

I LOVE the jab at Zero Punctuation, regarding rabid fanboys who really only flock to The Escapist for more Yahtzee and then bugger off elsewhere.. Or just watch other stuff blindly.

Secondly, Graham's Peter Molyneux accent is... Mind-numbingly awesome. Too good to just be a fake accent... Is Graham secretly Peter Molyneux..?

MILOS FOR EVERYONE~!

True, have we ever seen Peter and Graham in the same room at the same time? The plot thickens... dun dun dunn

It's sort of like the recurring gamer joke that Kevin Siembieda and Steve Jackson might be the same person. They actually look fairly similar (or did at one point).

I personally got the most chuckles out of the child sensor and the pedobear referance.

Though honestly, it did make me wonder if this is going to cause a lawsuit. If this somehow locks out content by detecting children or something, and actually functions, what is going to happen when little people (like dwarves and midgets) want to play video games?

Ironically there have been special interest law suits over less.

I can see it now, Bridget Powers sues because the system claims she's lying about her age and is not ready for adult content and to learn about sex. :P

... and don't pretend you don't know who Bridget Powers is.

CK76:

TheAmazingTGIF:

CK76:

TheAmazingTGIF:

Kathleen approves.

If by weird you mean awesome, then yes. Yes it would.

And thus the awesomeness is reduced to 100x100 pixels.

HAHA, I was hoping they wouldn't find out I watch ZP first and then they're all like "hey we know you watch Yahtzee first, it's cool man.

Hileict:
Two things mainly;

I LOVE the jab at Zero Punctuation, regarding rabid fanboys who really only flock to The Escapist for more Yahtzee and then bugger off elsewhere.. Or just watch other stuff blindly.

Secondly, Graham's Peter Molyneux accent is... Mind-numbingly awesome. Too good to just be a fake accent... Is Graham secretly Peter Molyneux..?

MILOS FOR EVERYONE~!

I used to be said fanboy, but I have seen the light, and now I know that ZP is just the most awesome thing on a sight filled with awesome things =P

I always have Zero Punctuation and ENN up in tabs together! ITs just that Zero punctuation is the one on the inside tab...

haha, grahams peter molenyeux impression is gold!

So how many people went to google and searched children?

The Peter Molyneux impression was perfect!

Brightmorn:
So how many people went to google and searched children?

I definitely didn't!

Okay, I did.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook