Critical Miss: #11

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Being the new guy at the office is never easy.

Read Full Article

Interns aren't people. Until the evolve out of the "intern" stage. And become...paid employee.

So, an intern is kind of like a tadpole, not really a frog yet?

lol, thats awesome. Sounds like a trick I would try and pull on someone... =P

Yeah, I get this problem every time I begin working at a new job. It usually takes 3 months before I can "earn" a chair in the office and longer for the breakroom. I usually end up bringing a chair from home.

Wow, I love this series

You really shot back from when it started to go down the slope

HK_01:
So, an intern is kind of like a tadpole, not really a frog yet?

most definitely true, and I can think of some more parallels between a tadpole and an intern :D

Note to self: never ever lose identity and become an intern.

As an intern at work I lolled.

Interns are a flaw in the evolutionary stage...

Better than the last few, though I'm not sure I would have liked it more if she had gone the "I work alone/buddy cop movie" route about getting a partner.

Tirnor:
Better than the last few, though I'm not sure I would have liked it more if she had gone the "I work alone/buddy cop movie" route about getting a partner.

Give it time Jim, give it time.

LMFAO, totally loved that interim part. Good old times!

Awesome!

I loved the hamster backstory :P

FINALLY some pun.

Also, I still say it's a hamster. RATS AIN'T SO FAT!

Love the end of this strip.

I think I like the "normal" continuity than the other stuff. Erin's personality and the humor comes across much better.

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a very, very long time.

Yup, this comic is definitely an improvement from the last few weeks. Keep this upward climb going, guys.

What the hell was wrong with the last few comics? They've all been great!

Bunch of complainers.

Daaaaaw, fancy rat.

So that thing's a Rat?
Well that ends that curiosity.

Funny comic and such.

lol I love that. Best so far.

VanQQisH:
What the hell was wrong with the last few comics? They've all been great!

Bunch of complainers.

Spot on. I've absolutely loved this comic this far!

haha! so great

okay since no one else has mentioned it, what happened to his glasses at the last panel? continuity is important, atleast within one comic.

but yeah it was alright, i must say i preferred the others.

I love this comic so much already...but are we ever going to get an explanation for how she's the only person whose hair bends at 90 degree angles? It's sort of freaking me out.

HA!

Here we go, at first I kinda felt the comic was lacking, but now I can tell you guys are really coming out of your shell!

BRILLIANT!

The world of this comic is getting pretty grizzly. I don't think jaded even covers it.

Bah Zing! good punchline! XD

I like where the art's going. Starting to pick up its own style. Though judging by the filename it looks like it went through at least one, er, facelift?

8bitlove2a03:
I love this comic so much already...but are we ever going to get an explanation for how she's the only person whose hair bends at 90 degree angles? It's sort of freaking me out.

Lots and lots of hairspray. And probably some starch. :)

AvsJoe:
Yeah, I get this problem every time I begin working at a new job. It usually takes 3 months before I can "earn" a chair in the office and longer for the breakroom. I usually end up bringing a chair from home.

Yeah this one is actually based on personal experience. There was a chair heirarchy, with the fancy leather adjustable chairs reserved only for the oldest, elite workers. I literally had to start work from a wooden kitchen chair.

Swaki:
okay since no one else has mentioned it, what happened to his glasses at the last panel? continuity is important, atleast within one comic.

but yeah it was alright, i must say i preferred the others.

I had a similar conversation with both Cory and my girlfriend (it was my eventual decision to go without glasses and she seems to consider herself chief comic overlord) and the explanation is fairly simple. The innocent round eyes expression(tm) simply doesn't work if you're using glasses as the rims of the glasses provide an overall shape for the eye. Meaning the character just looks terrified/angry instead of confused.

Various praise.

It's funny that this one seems fairly popular (scarcely any bitching not and a lot of happy posters) because as of yet, it's the strip I'm the least fond of. Perhaps because it's indicative of me trying to find my feet with the mulitpanel format. Anyway the next few strips, while still concerning themselves with introducing characters and defining the world, are certainly funnier in my opinion. Which probably means you will all hate them.
Hmmm.

Formica Archonis:
I like where the art's going. Starting to pick up its own style. Though judging by the filename it looks like it went through at least one, er, facelift?

Glad you noticed actually, we recently went from all digital to paper/digital which Cory is more comfortable with. The next few strips get exponentially better art wise.
As for the title? That's actually the internal story arc name we use to refer to individual comics. This is newfaces pt1. It'll run to part... something. I forget.

Grey Carter:

I had a similar conversation with both Cory and my girlfriend (it was my eventual decision to go without glasses and she seems to consider herself chief comic overlord) and the explanation is fairly simple. The innocent round eyes expression(tm) simply doesn't work if you're using glasses as the rims of the glasses provide an overall shape for the eye. Meaning the character just looks terrified/angry instead of confused.

Don't you know that what is yours is also mine? This includes being chief overlord of the comic. I was one to scoff this new format the most I think. But I really am happy with how it is has turned out. Good show.

Abedeus:
Also, I still say it's a hamster. RATS AIN'T SO FAT!

Being a former owner of eight rats, I object. Calling them fat seems unfair, but two of them were kind of "big".

Well written, well paced... by jove! I think you've got it!

One oddity though... what happened to that guy's glasses in the last panel? And why are there only pupils? Is he some sort of magician?!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here