Critical Miss: #11

Pages PREV 1 2

i've gone right off erin

Funny, I always thought it was a guinea pig. That's one chubby rodent! (Although I've seen some grossly-overfed rats get even worse than that.)

FUN FACT: Rats are one of three species demonstrably capable of metacognition. The other two? Apes and humans. Plus rats can learn their own name!

Onyx Oblivion:
Interns aren't people. Until the evolve out of the "intern" stage. And become...paid employee.

INTERN has gained PAYCHECK, evolves into PERSON!

I was losing interest in this series but this strip made me laugh quite a lot

Maybe it's just my mood... but I didn't warm to today's strip.

That said, it looks fantastic. Although... why her skin is grey is a little off putting... Guess that's the cynicism :P

Grey Carter:
Glad you noticed actually, we recently went from all digital to paper/digital which Cory is more comfortable with.

So drawn, scanned, then inked/colored on PC?

Grey Carter:
The next few strips get exponentially better art wise.
As for the title? That's actually the internal story arc name we use to refer to individual comics. This is newfaces pt1. It'll run to part... something. I forget.

Ah, I stand corrected. Thank you. Was kind of disappointed there wasn't something interesting hidden underneath this time, like Erin digging up someone's dead grandma and using puppetry to make her dance for money.:)

Formica Archonis:

Grey Carter:
Glad you noticed actually, we recently went from all digital to paper/digital which Cory is more comfortable with.

So drawn, scanned, then inked/colored on PC?

Grey Carter:
The next few strips get exponentially better art wise.
As for the title? That's actually the internal story arc name we use to refer to individual comics. This is newfaces pt1. It'll run to part... something. I forget.

Ah, I stand corrected. Thank you. Was kind of disappointed there wasn't something interesting hidden underneath this time, like Erin digging up someone's dead grandma and using puppetry to make her dance for money.:)

In answer to the first part. Yes but more ghetto. Cory takes a picture of his pencil work with a digital camera. He also does the entirety of the inking colouring whereas before I was doing a fair bit of the lineart.(I'm a shitty artist but I'm comfortable with a stylus)
Now it's all on Cory's shoulders god help him.

I don't know what you're talking about in the second part there. I assume you're refering to the X-COM strip we didn't run? Did it come out by accident or something?

That was horrible and disgusting! I don't even have words to describe it! What kind of souless, dark person would allow an intern to occupy a perfectly serviceable office chair? Especially one who couldn't actually work!

Grey Carter:
In answer to the first part. Yes but more ghetto. Cory takes a picture of his pencil work with a digital camera.

Whatever works. Makes the pencil work look more dark-gray-on-light-gray than black-on-white, but if no one sees it, who cares?:)

Grey Carter:
He also does the entirety of the inking colouring whereas before I was doing a fair bit of the lineart.(I'm a shitty artist but I'm comfortable with a stylus)
Now it's all on Cory's shoulders god help him.

Hehe. He seems to be doing okay with it.

Grey Carter:
I don't know what you're talking about in the second part there. I assume you're refering to the X-COM strip we didn't run? Did it come out by accident or something?

Only to the inordinately curious who are fond of playing with URLs.:>

Onyx Oblivion:
Interns aren't people. Until the evolve out of the "intern" stage. And become...paid employee.

That reminded me of a Fire Emblem class Change......

Hmmmmmmmm.
I like it.

OT: Nice one, i look foreword to the next one.

Formica Archonis:

Grey Carter:

I dont know how you did it but Im impressed. Can I say Im a little creeped out? How did you like the second panel? Though the clouds were "meh" I thought it had a nice feel.

foxyexplosion:

Formica Archonis:

Grey Carter:

I dont know how you did it but Im impressed. Can I say Im a little creeped out?

Of course! It's a typical reaction.:)

foxyexplosion:
How did you like the second panel? Though the clouds were "meh" I thought it had a nice feel.

The background clouds seem a little ribbony for clouds but the lightning strike (and the cloud it issues from) is spot-on.

Wow, Intern jokes. I haven't been this entertained since ten years ago when Scott Adams did them. And they were actually funny.

"Today Asok learns that life is not like Star Trek."

I hope we get more old skool humor like this, so I can loooooooooool all day long. Oh, and like one of the other recent comics, this one could have been two panels (maybe three) and been a lot snappier with nothing lost.

-Guy shows up at cubicle, says he's new.
-Girl welcomes guy, guy notices corpse.
-"That was no corpse, that was my wi-I mean intern." What I mean to say is, that's the punchline panel. I guess there could be a fourth panel where the lady is looking nonplussed and the guy's eyes are bugging out or something, but whatever.

Fancy rats. How many damn times have I explained to people that they have no need to fear my pet rats. It's like comparing a dog to a coyote if you think they're gross based on their wild counterparts. They don't even know how to bite, it's been bred out of them and they walk like they're prancing.

Wait, so the hamster is...a rat?

I think this just changed my life forever....

OT: Great work! I lolled my ass off.
Also, I remember when I was an intern...I was...it just didn't feel human...
I was an animal!

i like erin :)
she reminds me of my old doll not only because their hair is the same but because i would make her act bossy like that :P I wonder if I'll be like that too when I get a job

Let me join the chorus in saying I miss Suchong the Rat/Hamster thing. We only thaught it was a hamster because you did not draw its tale in the first few strips.

Mr. Grey:
Well written, well paced... by jove! I think you've got it!

One oddity though... what happened to that guy's glasses in the last panel? And why are there only pupils? Is he some sort of magician?!

They probably fell-off out of sheer Shock.

But man... life must Really suck for interns if a Norwegian-Rat ranks higher than you on the corporate-ladder O.O

interns are slaves
interns are not "real people".
interns are to be used and discarded.
- Company Policy

You kidding? Rats are the best pets ever.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here