Review: Snoopy Flying Ace

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Beagle has landed in one of the best air combat games available this year.

Read Full Article

Well you can always buy it for your avatar ;)

I do love it. And bots are available to fill out matches with friends when/if the community ever dies out.

Hmmm...I wonder if it'll ever come to PSN or Steam?

Hehe, that looks like so much fun! Certainly be wanting to have at least a shot on it!

John Funk:

Well, Lucy and Linus are "Van-Pelt"'s (? what is the grammar on that???), so their Axis association was never really in doubt.

Did Pig-Pen join the French? ;)

John Funk:

Read Full Article

I've heard comparisons between this and Crimson Skies... in a good way. Would that be an accurate comparison? Because I've been looking for a next gen Crimson Skies for a long time (and was dissapointed as hell when HAWX wasn't it.)

Nightfalke:

John Funk:

Read Full Article

I've heard comparisons between this and Crimson Skies... in a good way. Would that be an accurate comparison? Because I've been looking for a next gen Crimson Skies for a long time (and was dissapointed as hell when HAWX wasn't it.)

I never played Crimson Skies that much, but I can say that Susan Arendt came into the room while we were recording and went "Ooh, Crimson Skies-ish."

This...
this is wonderful....

I dig this. Next spare $10 I have (HA!) I'll pick this up.

Lol hey I got that game and I gotta say I had to force myself to put down the controller and go to bed. They really thought up some stuff in there. Especially the pig skin game type. Thats probably the one I will play the most with my friends.

You get to shoot down Colonel Lucy Van Pelt. That alone is worth 800 Microsoft Points.

I love Snoppy...

Er, to try and avoid sounding like a twelve year old I just probably add something to the above statement...Did you know that Peanuts added the term 'security blanket' into the American lexicon?

It looks almost exactly like Crimson Skies...but adorable.

THANKS GOD SOMEBODY FINALLY MADE THIS GAME :D now please may it be ported to Steam

hahaha suddenly I really wanna get this...
ooh co-op play too, hmmm

Circusfreak:
may it be ported to Steam

I would probably feel compelled to pick it up if this happened.

I'm glad to hear that this wasn't another soulless IP exploitation in an effort to grab money that completely disposed with any of the original spirit of the work. I'll definitely be picking it up now.

The_root_of_all_evil:

John Funk:

Well, Lucy and Linus are "Van-Pelt"'s (? what is the grammar on that???), so their Axis association was never really in doubt.

Did Pig-Pen join the French? ;)

Van-Pelt sounds very dutch to me.

Also, this is WWI, so no axis, no evil Germans. The alliance was called the Central Powers, made up of Germany, Austria-Hungary, the Ottoman Empire and some minor countries. And the Germans were not evil!

OT: Looks like fun, hopefully it'll come to Steam some time soon.

HK_01:

Also, this is WWI, so no axis, no evil Germans. The alliance was called the Central Powers, made up of Germany, Austria-Hungary, the Ottoman Empire and some minor countries. And the Germans were not evil!

OT: Looks like fun, hopefully it'll come to Steam some time soon.

Sorry, I'm not old enough to remember that ;)

Nightfalke:

John Funk:

Read Full Article

Same, Crimson Skies was fantastic. I still say to this day that Uncharted ripped the main character from Crimson Skies off.

I'm confused. What exactly does Snoopy have to do with WWI?

Woem:

Quite a bit actually. Snoopy has several alter-egos throughout the comic series, the most famous is him being a World War I Flying Ace.

Good point about Lucy, she always seemed like the German type. "Herr Brown, you are a blockhead, cooler, three weeks."

John Funk:

Nightfalke:

John Funk:

Read Full Article

I never played Crimson Skies that much, but I can say that Susan Arendt came into the room while we were recording and went "Ooh, Crimson Skies-ish."

It's true. It totally channels Crimson Skies in an absolutely wonderful way.

I may have also left the room making "mrrrrrewwwwwwwww" airplane noises. Possibly.

Just one question.
Can you fly the doghouse?

Infernoshadow211:
Just one question.

Slycne:

Woem:

Quite a bit actually. Snoopy has several alter-egos throughout the comic series, the most famous is him being a World War I Flying Ace.

Thanks a lot :)

DO A BARREL ROLL!

I remember a snoopy red baron game a long time ago. Xplay reviewed it. It actually got a pretty fair review. I wonder if these are the same people who made that one.

Infernoshadow211:
Just one question.

You can if you get a 10-kill streak. But it's only temporary.

All my remaining disposable income for the rest of this month goes to Transformers: War for Cybertron... but next month I'm gonna get this game. The nostalgia alone is making me sqeal and blubber like a little kid. :)

Miss Crimson Skyes now...

Oh my god, this is the best idea since Plants vs. Zombies.

Anybody else feel this game is going to be come the next Plants Vs. Zombies or Peggle for the Escapist staff/community?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here