Review: Snoopy Flying Ace

Pages PREV 1 2

looks like a load of fun.

I'll admit that when I first saw this, I wondered how someone could make a game with Snoopy being a killer, after the video I admit it seemed so innocent & captivating. Downloading this later :)

Even though I don't own a 360, it looks pretty cool.

might check this badboy out actually. I have always had a softspot for snoopy!

I really hope a PC version will be available! And a co-op story mode would be awesome.

As much as I love the whole peanuts franchise, the gameplay looks really slow...
Can anyone tell me how it shapes up compared to DogFighters?

Slycne:

Woem:
I'm confused. What exactly does Snoopy have to do with WWI?

Quite a bit actually. Snoopy has several alter-egos throughout the comic series, the most famous is him being a World War I Flying Ace.

So wait. Is the doghouse in the game? Because that might be a deal breaker for me.

One of the weapons looks like the Tabula Rasa logo. Does it cause a shambling corporate presence to snatch the enemy from the sky, bury them and gives you a tax deduction?

You know, in Europe we don't call it the 'Great War', we call it 'the thing that killed over 16,000,000 people and allowed Spanish Influenza to flourish afterwards killing another 50,000,000 people (a massive 3% of the world's population at the time)'.

I can't believe I'm taking offense to you calling WW1 "cute", seeing as though it happened almost a whole century ago, but I guess I'm touchy that way! :P

Great review as always though, thank god you didn't resort to 'dog-fighting' and 'there's an enemy on my tail' puns. Keep up the good work!

I think the adjectives need to be more "interesting and varied." I kid, I kid. And I definitely appreciate that reviews now come with information of what system(s) the game is available on, so I no longer have to go look that up elsewhere.

Silver Patriot:
So wait. Is the doghouse in the game? Because that might be a deal breaker for me.

Yes, supposedly one of the kill streaks in multi-player turns the plane you're flying into the doghouse. I don't know if you can permanently unlock it.

Slycne:

Silver Patriot:

Yes, supposedly one of the kill streaks in multi-player turns the plane you're flying into the doghouse. I don't know if you can permanently unlock it.

The Dog house better be in the game! That's how all this got started. And you know that if Lucy is joined the Germans, Linus is sooooooo with the French. A tri color security blanket, with Shroder playing Marseilles, Charlie Brown on the radio saying the clouds look like a horse and a ducky. This thing practicly writes itself. I wonder if you can ask the Great Pumpkin for 'battle plans'?

Infernoshadow211:
Just one question.
Can you fly the doghouse?

THIS ^.

if the doghouse is an unlockable extra, I will buy this game right now, not that I wasnt alreay planning on buying it. Despite its cute characters and style, it looks to be a pretty solid airplane shooter; it helps also that it looks to play like Crimson Skies, which was and still is one of my favorite games of all time.

yes, OF ALL TIME.

This depresses me, not the game but the reality that these guys took a minor running gag from a children's comic book series and made it into an awesome game and yet most big name titles fall short of even matching this game's quality.

My avatar approves of this. As long as it's not commercial.

I'll have to check this out when I get a 360

This game has been stolen or better said beta tested in another version. Sadly, I cannot find it right now, but Im sure someone of you can. The Paris Map looked a lot like the one in the game I am talking about. It even had some sort of story, which was told in little movie clips.

Edit: The game is called Aeronauts, download it from herefor free... Its like Snoopy and costs nothing :) Seriously, they copied a lot from Aeronauts... :(

http://aeronauts.en.softonic.com/

I can't believe this game doesn't suck!

Lucy is one of the Germans (And by proxy a Nazi) I could see that, as for the gameplay itself, its' fun a 4/5 in my opinion.

Onyx Oblivion:
I do love it. And bots are available to fill out matches with friends when/if the community ever dies out.

There ought to be a law that any game with multiplayer and weapons should have bots in it for this very reason.

Infernoshadow211:
it looks to play like Crimson Skies, which was and still is one of my favorite games of all time.

yes, OF ALL TIME.

You and me both, buddy. That is, if you're talking about the PC version...

i have some xbox points i haven't spent and i think you have just chosen what i will get now :)

I love Snoopy!

I have to admit I was kinda concerned someone had played Altitude, the indie game and then decided to just slap a licence on it and sell it as their own, but, I'll take that back and the most I can pin on them is that they may have been...inspired to create this by Altitude, as its 2d, and Snoopy's 3D, and as it looks like a lot of work has been put in to make it great, I don't mind at all.

I don't mind people taking inspiration from elsewhere, it's lazy copying that bugs me, and this isn't lazy!

For some reason,i really,REALLY like it.

oh,yeah,that's right,because it's awesome.

Looks hilariously fun and makes me want to read the Peanuts again. Thanks John for putting this up and putting a smile on my face for the day. :)

Well, that looks cool, and being able to load up your plane with all kinds of guns doesn't hurt either

Cool

Downloaded this game and played it on the Funk's recommendation. I was not disappointed. This is my favorite downloadable game of all time. Of all time!

DO WANT (as well as a root beer, please :P)

This looks unbelievably good and im not even a Peanuts fan! I hope it becomes available for the ps3.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here