The Escapist Presents: Transformers War for Cybertron

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Transformers War for Cybertron

Matt Tieger, Game Director at High Moon Studios, talks to us about what to expect in Transformers War for Cybertron.

Be sure to join the The Escapist Facebook Fan Page.

Watch Video

This game actually looks decent. Hard to tell though, but it definitely doesn't appear to be limited by it's franchise.

I think it looks great and the guy seems to be a fan of the francise, which is good given he is behind the whole thing.

Alas, three more days of waiting for us European folk. I feel like a little boy in the week before Christmas eve.

Oh yeah, this game should be out here by now...

I'm looking forward to picking this one up. I had a go at the multiplayer demo on Xbox Live, and - aside from my usual suckage when it comes to online multiplayer - I liked how it worked. I'm eager to try out both campaigns.

I'm really enjoying the multiplayer beta. Solid mechanics... transforming is easy, fun and actually worthwhile! 3 days before I get to design my jet! Whooo! Eat it, Starscream.

This looks like a really solid game. The last one was pretty bad IMO but this looks promising.

It looks like it will be fun, however, looking and actually are often two different bed fellows

This is how the films should have been done....rant aside holy crap this looks like the best film/TV/comic IP to game in years!

I think this guy seems really passionate about what he's doing. I like that a lot.

Hopefully he was able to create the game he/we want. The demo was actually quite promising!

The gameplay from the Multiplayer demo seems decent enough. I personally prefer single-player or co-op, so here's hoping the campaigns don't suck.

I really can't tell whether this will be good or not, i'm just scared by the fact it's transformers likely, i've never liked the videogames. But I did somehow enjoy the demo (not sure why, but I did) so I might buy it, depends what else is coming out soon.

Well, so far, the reviews are pretty good. I'm anxious to the The Escapist's take (and maybe Moviebob's since he's such a big old school fan) before I "must" get the game.

It sounds great, I just wish they would dig up what's up with the wii version a bit more, I'm having a baaaad feeling about this.

No douchebag peter Parker? that's a definite plus.

But something bothers me. Assuming this takes place before they land on earth, then why would they be able to transform into earth vehicles that they presumably would have no contact with?

Dorian6:
No douchebag peter Parker? that's a definite plus.

But something bothers me. Assuming this takes place before they land on earth, then why would they be able to transform into earth vehicles that they presumably would have no contact with?

1) They're not earth vehicles. They're hover cars, hover tanks and jets.

2) The Cybertonians developed that technology to augment themselves and make it easier for them to get around. It was just an added bonus later on when they came to Earth and found they could imitate our tech to hide away.

But yeah, this game looks good. I want.

Please.

Michael Bay.

Watch This.

Then fix your goddam movies.

looks are deceiving.
they can't fail angry fanboys will take their body and put it into the meat grinder slowly

Mr.Kitetsu:
looks are deceiving

More than meets the eye, perhaps? :)

First Transformers game I'm actually interested in, and much more interested than recent films.

The_root_of_all_evil:

Mr.Kitetsu:
looks are deceiving

More than meets the eye, perhaps? :)

BAHahaha. I don't know if I'm authorized, but I would like to give you the internet's daily "win".

But yeah, the trailer and interview make this sound like a really great game. I really could care less about staying loyal to Transformers lore...I've always found how seriously people take their robot cars bizarre...but a good game, by my normal standards.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Please.

Michael Bay.

Watch This.

Then fix your goddam movies.

or maybe we can take michael bay out of the picture entirely and get someone who knows how to make a decent movie

Sonicron:
Alas, three more days of waiting for us European folk. I feel like a little boy in the week before Christmas eve.

Yeah, same here. It's killing me >_<

But at least we have the demo to get rid of any urges until then.

Mr.Kitetsu:
looks are deceiving.
they can't fail angry fanboys will take their body and put it into the meat grinder slowly

I'm not sure what you're trying to say...

ZippyDSMlee:
This is how the films should have been done....rant aside holy crap this looks like the best film/TV/comic IP to game in years!

Did you play Arkham Asylum?

Just got my hands on the game today.

PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say i am LOVING it a lot. Can't wait till i can play 3 player co-op campaign with my friends. The battles are fun, transforming feels natural and fluid rather then pushed on you at certain points of the game, and the story is EPIC!!!

I approve!

And a few month ago people said this would be crap, hell, one guy said it would be worse than ROTF...i did tell you all, so now i will say it...

I told you so ^_^

I hope they bring DLC out so we can play as more transformers...i want Ultramagnus...Hotrod, and Hotshot...and Blurr =) ooh god...Blurr's voice in game XD if ever...

Kiithid:
It sounds great, I just wish they would dig up what's up with the wii version a bit more, I'm having a baaaad feeling about this.

Theirs a Wii version?? lol im guessing awful, considering not many shooters acctualy work on that little white tablet

I'm loving the authentic looking Omega Supreme, plus Peter Cullen, Crispin Freeman, Steve Blum, Kari Wahlgren and Johnny Yong Bosch have lent their voices. INSTANT WIN!!!

IGN have reviewed this game now. They seem to rate it fairly highly, for what that's worth.

arc1991:

Kiithid:

Theirs a Wii version?? lol im guessing awful, considering not many shooters acctualy work on that little white tablet

Yea there'll be one, along with a DS split version a la the movie games.

BA WI GRA WI MINI BAT.

If you know what that is then you really are a fan. I hope Rodimus is in the game cuz he's my favorite transformer of all.

I'm gonna be busy for another 2-3 weeks or so, but man once I'm free this game might possibly be full-price...

Cosplay Horatio:
BA WI GRA WI MINI BAT.

If you know what that is then you really are a fan. I hope Rodimus is in the game cuz he's my favorite transformer of all.

The Universal greeting? hell im good

arc1991:

Cosplay Horatio:
BA WI GRA WI MINI BAT.

Yes! I am gonna have a great day today! Also, your awesome.

Cosplay Horatio:

arc1991:

Cosplay Horatio:
BA WI GRA WI MINI BAT.

Yes! I am gonna have a great day today! Also, your awesome.

Hehe why thank you =)

I've been really enjoying the game, hell the only 2 things I've had issue with are story related.

I'm not a fan of the seemingly magical Dark Energon.

And before Optimus Prime became "Optimus Prime", his name was Orion Pax.

Those are really my only two complaints about the solo campaign. Small complaints indeed. I think I'll have fun with the co-op and thanks to the demo, I already know I'll enjoy the multiplayer.

Edit:

Cosplay Horatio:
BA WI GRA WI MINI BAT.

It doesn't surprise me that someone that LIKES Hot Rod would get the Universal Greeting wrong.

"Bah-weep-granna-weep-nini-bohn"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or