Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Heh, 'controller fight at the nursing home'. I would so YouTube that.

I tried running up the wall once but i only managed to break the light switch. best quote lol.

Goddamit!!!
Is anyone else getting this stupid freakin error message everytime they try to load a video. Without fail I have to re-load this site about 15 times everytime I want to watch a vid because it constantly comes up with an error message saying it can't find the stream. It's been happening for months. I keep putting off saying anything in the hopes it'l just get fixed. But its seriously been about 3 months of constant re-loads. I haven't actually watched this episode yet. Even after I re-loaded this stream 17 times, yeah I counted. 17 re-loads and I still can't watch it. It's infuriating.

What the fuck is that frame for some shitty mumorpuger surrounding my ZP video? Shit.

Anyway, good review.

Kind of funny, but I prefer it when Yahtzee reviews more main stream games that we've you know, played.

So after being like the only person on earth to not demonize Ebert over the "games are not art" comment in his blog, he turns around and jumps on the Ebert-bashing bandwagon? Is he just screwing with our heads at this point?

You fell into the trap of assuming the Wii game is the same as the version you played. These games should have had completely different titles, since the Wii game has a different plot, different powers, different setting, different character design, and actually feels much more refined, I never encountered any bugs or glitches and the combat and platforming feels much smoother than the HD version. Better graphics do not make a better game, this is something I would have expected you of all people to realize, I hope you bring this up in next week's extra punctuation. Also, the movie is pretty good, it's no Iron Man 2 but still sits firmly in the "good summer action movie" seat.

didn't forgotten sands run on the assassin's creed engine??

Craftybonds:
entertaining this week. i really enjoyed the forgotten sands.

also, where the hell is my 3rd annual e3 hype massacre? the first two E3 videos are my favorite ones in the series.

I said the same thing last week! Last year he released it on the 17th so did E3 get delayed this year or has Yahtzee just stopped caring? (probably the second one)

I don't know if the part where he's mentioning the game's location in canon is meant to be sarcastic or serious. The way he mentions Prince of Persia 360 as "that cel-shaded thing" makes me think it's serious, but it's very hard to tell.

Steve the Pocket:
So after being like the only person on earth to not demonize Ebert over the "games are not art" comment in his blog, he turns around and jumps on the Ebert-bashing bandwagon? Is he just screwing with our heads at this point?

He did write a counter-argument to Ebert's stance on gaming in Extra Punctuation awhile back but this is the first time he went after Ebert personally.

Awesome review as always :3

I have a bit of a random thing to say, I was talking to a friend of mine about the soccer games going on and I mentioned Kazoo, I then went onto watch this review and you also mentioned Kazoo as well... a very random moment for me.

Shjade:

Lego Prince of Persia?

I could see that working.

Yea they even have video for it.

Surprised he didn't try reviewing all three versions, as the Wii one is really better in terms of storyline and originality, as well as combat and platform...Heck, there was even 2D sections!...He probably assumed there would be waggle...Oh well, not the first time a good game doesn't get chewed out.Still a funny review.
Also, NMH2 review next week? Hooray at last!

its a shame, but this PoP was too polished for me. it felt so unnatural

Blue-State:

Craftybonds:

also, where the hell is my 3rd annual e3 hype massacre? the first two E3 videos are my favorite ones in the series.

I said the same thing last week! Last year he released it on the 17th so did E3 get delayed this year or has Yahtzee just stopped caring? (probably the second one)

It's probably because E3 ended last Wednesday, and he was already working on today's video. It'll probably be out in a couple of weeks.

syltman:
Mario Galaxy 2 is just more Mario Galaxy. It's not really worth reviewing

It is if you were a fan of the original.

Blue-State:

Craftybonds:

Maybe he won't be reviewing it since he didn't attend it.

This game was really something of an odd ball. One strange thing I've heard is how people are saying it's a good throwback after the last game, even though it got worse reviews.

Then there are those who consider it TOO MUCH of a throwback.

Regardless however I have never been a fan of the Prince of Persia series. Sure, they're probably good but if I didn't get into them in the early day, not good reason to now if they're hardly the next best thing.

Well, since I am the only person on earth who liked the 2008 PoP and wanted that continued, I never expected Forgotten Sands to be what it tried to - another Sands of Time.
Seems little more then "so, the fans didn't like our new direction, so take whatever you were planning, and paint it to look like Sands of Time". Lame, really.

Good thing I wasn't the only one who noticed how horribly slowly the enemies issued their attacks. My granny would swing those swords faster.

Haven't played it yet but sounds it will at least mimick the first PoP Sands of time properly. Well partially.

Also the last punchline had me in stitches!

No real surprise there.. nice gameplay, bad combat, failed attempt at writing.

I was entertained, mission accomplished.

hurricanejbb:

syltman:

I'd say that makes it certainly worth playing but not reviewing.

There WAS a film where people pushed a button to decide the outcome in the 90's I believe, but both outcomes were shit

Yahtzee Croshaw:
I tried running up a wall once but I broke the light switch.

Well, first of all, you need a pair of Dunlop Volleys.

Then you need to go here and do some research.

How sweet does Yahtzee Croshaw: Traceur sound?

Nice review, and all, but why does he hate Roger Ebert?

Alright alright, I'll buy the first Prince of Persia game just please shut up about it!

But really, meh - not much of a review. I liked it, same way I liked every other Zero Punctuation review. Keep up the good work Yahtz!

And your book better be good!

You know the movie wasn't that bad. It wasn't exactly "Best Picture" or even "Best whatever" material, but it certainly was probably the "Best Movie based on a Game" ever. Of course, the Sands of Time series has always kind of seemed movie-ish to me, so it was kind of a logical step.
In short:
Game to Movie Tie-in: Surprisingly good
Game to Movie to Game Tie-in: Predictably Bad

I just rented this yesterday. Played decently so far, but nothing special.

Funny Vid.

Le_Lisra:

hurricanejbb:

syltman:

I'd say that makes it certainly worth playing but not reviewing.

I argee with at lest playing Mario Galaxy 2. Some of the boards in the new game were crazy fun.

Well...looks like its justt a rushed fan game...shame really. It could have been really good

Wait... the Sands of Time had a plot? I thought it was just a complicated but fun platformer... does he mean the 7 sentences distributed throughout the game the Prince exchanges with Farah?

I don't like any platforming games (save Crash Bandicoot), they make me too tense and make me want to punch people when I die or fail or whatever.

I didn't know the title was forgotten Sands.

When i saw the Game i thought it was actually based on the movie, based on the game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here