E3 2010: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

E3 2010: The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Geralt is back with more sex, blood and narrative choice.

Read Full Article

Man this gets me even more psyched for this sequel, loved the first, hopefully the second is even better

The Witcher is a fantastic game. I'm glad it got a sequel.

The fact that they took the time to basically re-make the first game into something much better, package in a crapload of extras, and not charge too much for it is just awesome.

Well, I guess I'll get the first one when this comes out. Just to make sure I'm not kept in suspense.

I'm not sure if this will actually come to consoles, but I'd like it to. I recall them also announcing the first game for consoles under the subtitle "Rise of the White Wolf" and I never saw a thing for it besides a splash screen on the main site.... Still psyched for this game though. I need to get a better desktop for the first game so I can play it on more than just the bare minimum settings...

The most important information of this entire article = It will come out on console at some point.

GOD YES! Witcher on PC was amazing but I disposed that PC in favour for a console and a netbook to be more mobile. This just terrific news!

The boring combat was my main problem with The Witcher, so if the combat in this new title has indeed been improved then I might check it out.

The first one was epic, and, if they have kept that same formula, which, it seems they have! I expect great things!

I really can't wait for this. It just keeps sounding better and better. now i just need to finish the first one over the summer holidays and i'm good for the second :D

I really hope they don't go overboard with the quick-time events for the new combat system.
The trailers and demos so far haven't been all that reassuring in this aspect.

Can't wait. Do want. :)

I just didnt like the word small there. the witcher wasnt small, how small will this be?

AWESOME!!!

You can import your choices from the previous game over to the sequel! That just made my day. Goddamn, I did not think I could be more psyched for this game, yet here I am, feeling like a little kid before Christmas Eve.

An unbroken string of fanboy squeals of delight goes here.

Seriously, everything I've seen about the sequel looks bloody fantastic, I am so super excited.

loved the first game, my computer however did not, so I'm hoping for a console version of the sequel

Irridium:
The fact that they took the time to basically re-make the first game into something much better, package in a crapload of extras, and not charge too much for it is just awesome.

"Not charge too much" => "free if you only wanted the downloadable extras, rather than the physical loot". Which is awesome value, and hearkens back to days of yore when developers actually supported their games with updates and patches for a while (Value/TF2/LFD is one of the few exceptions; MMOs don't count, since you have to keep paying).

I'm very happy that they're making a sequel. I must go play the original again sometime.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here