Rebecca Mayes Muses: Love Song for Yahtzee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

p.s. - so glad the flame wars have ended :)

And the best part is that the song is really freakin' good! Like, stuck in my head the morning after watching this and I don't mind good!

lols, nothing to say but lols. Yahtzee, you sly dog, be on the look-out. This could be the best love/hate relationship yet!

"Why wasn't his first reaction to slap her across the tits!"

Question: "Did yahtzee see this?"

don't think so but i could be wrong, if anyone sees anything of a reply from yahtzee than please send me the link or the message or video or what ever.

DcBlast:

don't think so but i could be wrong, if anyone sees anything of a reply from yahtzee than please send me the link or the message or video or what ever.

He makes a (hilarious) reference to it in the first bit of his "No More Heroes 2" review: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1856-No-More-Heroes-2-Desperate-Struggle

this song is stuck in my head constantly!

EDIT: And thats a good thing :]

really catchy but.....does love or hate yahtzee? i cant tell.

Here's the explanation to those who don't get the song.

It's a joke, that's all there is to it. Whether or not she likes or dislikes Yahtzee is irrelevant, although my bet would be "mildly amused" in the way that a person who gets thrown through a woodchipper with the Benny Hill theme on repeat is utterly disturbing but somewhat amusing.

The screwdriver at the end is an attempt at humor that obviously hasn't worked. Is she honestly going to stab him, if she ever met him?
...Maybe after a few hours. But probably not and it was likely never the intention.

If she really hates him, I'm surprised at how she knows that his humor is honestly a sign of weakness and still bothers to be offended by him. I have higher expectations of her than that.

In any case, she certainly doesn't love him, even if she imitates his crass behavior.

2 cents deposited.

...uhhhmmm.

So how DOES she feel about him?

id love to be able to play this (i noticed bass guitar... i play bass so there is a riff for me to play) i just fail wen it comes to finding the correct note :(

huckleberryhound:
Need to invoke the name of Yahtzee to get views?

Oooh edgy.

ZelosRaine:

DcBlast:

He makes a (hilarious) reference to it in the first bit of his "No More Heroes 2" review: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1856-No-More-Heroes-2-Desperate-Struggle

That and the fact that it was planned beforehand and yahtzee actually put rebecca mayes asking for ideas for the song at the end of one of his videos.

I don't get it, don't both these people work for the same website and probably talk to each-other all the time? Isn't this just an entertaining song she wrote for the sake of making an entertaining video? Who cares what she 'really' thinks.

daltonlaffs:
Rebecca, I'm going to be honest: I've never been a fan of your songs. They're too repetitive, mainly, repeating the same chorus line about thirty times in a row at least three times on most occasions. They're not usually clever, either.

MulticolorCharizard:

huckleberryhound:
Need to invoke the name of Yahtzee to get views?

Oooh edgy.

Most likely true, though.

tghm1801:

MulticolorCharizard:
[quote="huckleberryhound" post="6.204489.6881217"]Need to invoke the name of Yahtzee to get views?

Oooh edgy.

i didn't want to read the entire lot of this thread and i'm aware of my slowpokeness but as a new ZP fan this caught my attention and i felt the need to say something...

however what i wanted to say has been ninja'd.

though i do wonder if yahtzee didn't post a more thorough rebuke because of professionalism or a secret crush. (yes i saw the no more heroes vid)

Nice.
Confusing though, but nice.

This is catchy as nuts. Really getting into Rebecca Mayes' music recently.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here