Rebecca Mayes Muses: Love Song for Yahtzee

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 23 NEXT

Well that was interesting, as well as good, but mostly "Huh".

Anywho, seems you do good works, so keep them up.

O_O What's with the scary "We could go for a drink?" That's kinda odd...

Well... this is definitely going to be interesting.

EDIT: Okay, seriously, what's with the screwdriver?

Damn but that was awesome. Now I can't wait to see how Yahtzee responds.

AWESOME SONG (I had to unleash the all caps there.)

"white straight man", that just had me in a laughing fit.

The song itself: Lyrics were incredible and it sounded awesome. The video was very fitting. Great job! IMO the best one yet!

*Equips mega smile* Effects: +1000mood all day long :D

Need to invoke the name of Yahtzee to get views?

Yahtzee will meet his match

Wow, this took a dark turn there. I felt that dig in Yahtzee from here.

T.J. Mccabe:

LOL why are you here?! Damn trolls
... almost EVERY LOVE SONG MADE was written with someone in mind. It doesn't mean it can't relate to others. Aw crap... someone kick me for feeding a troll... :/ I should know better I guess.

Oh and yes... you are obviously out of the loop here. Not sure about the retard part, but you post alone definitely made my A$$hat meter go off. Now shoo troll shoo >:)

yea, you got me. I tried being nice, tried to sound like it's not you, it's me that's wrong for not liking this 'thing' but you're right, I'm the troll.

That was catchy. I especially like the use of Yahtzee's ZP art style for the music video.

That was the best thing to happen to me all week. This whole drama is incredibly entertaining.

huckleberryhound:
Need to invoke the name of Yahtzee to get views?

Its a love song it'd be awkward to write a love song with out saying who it was addressed to.

So I admit, I'm getting mixed singles here. Which was probably the point.

Hmm... now I have to go back and see if Yahtzee's videos really are misogynist...

I liked the song and the visuals.

I don't think anyone's put it exactly like this yet, so I'll be that guy:
::clears throat::
That was baller. I especially liked the sight gag of Yahtzee going insta-viking in the last frame of his guitar solo. Sweet touch there.

Now seriously, what's up with the screwdriver?

The Austin:
Wait?

What?

Was that a love song or a hate song?

Love, I suppose, since most hatey parts were supplemented with "IT'S IRONIC".

Orange_Clockwork:
Boatload of loose ends. It's like your torn between kissing and killing Yahtzee

I think that was the point. To answer all the confusion here, I belive she was trying to appeal to Yahtzee's unique sense of humor. It sounds like she is saying she hates his chauvanist behavior, but at the same time she still loves him for expressing his opinions, no matter how inflated they sometimes are. These are two very different, yet similar, preformers. Yahtzee appeals to the darker, more conservative bunch, the kind of poeple who probably did some time in the military or have a case of black humor (as I do) or are just plain cynical. Rebecca's songs are not too different, from what I have seen you are both rather cynical, and you both have a witty sense of humor. You are probably a good match, actually. On the other hand, it may be immposible to carry out a single conversations without a hint of irony.

Awesome song.

Yahtzee I think you better pass on that drink, unless you want Rebecca to go Velvet Assassin on you.

OT: It would be awesome if you and Yahtzee did a duet song.

Blue-State:
I've been waiting for this! Will she find a word to rhyme with callapigean?...
Edit: Oh well. It was good but I wish she would try writing a song in a different tone. All her songs feel the same to me and it doesn't always seem to match up with the subject matter. Try being upbeat for once Rebecca!

I thought sounded like a major key at least at the start.....hard to be more upbeat than a major key with jangly guitar.
Ohh and did you hear the Heavy Rain song? I thought that was a departure from the norm to say the least....

Oh and cracking song Rebecca :)

I really wasn't impressed by this. Some of the rhyming was a bit clever in the beginning, but that was it. I'm off to watch the game themed ones, maybe they'll be better.

Great voice though.

Wonder if Yahtzee will right a song for her XD or at least mention it in his new video next week...

Well someones getting sued...lol

There is a sick part of me that wants Rebecca and Yahtzee to get together so they can make an internet reality show together based on their very messed up relationship.

When shes talking about being in the UK and meeting up, shes talking to me, always to me, im here now, you can sing me a song
sing only for meeeeeeeeeeee
[cookie for anyone who gets the game reference]

That was brilliant. Really damn brilliant. You really got the Yahtzee feel into the song, it was fast-paced, hate-filled, sarcastic, ironic, but at the same time, affectionate of its source material, with a love-hate thing just like Yahtzee's love-hate with games.

Brilliant song.

Fordo:

T.J. Mccabe:

LOL why are you here?! Damn trolls
... almost EVERY LOVE SONG MADE was written with someone in mind. It doesn't mean it can't relate to others. Aw crap... someone kick me for feeding a troll... :/ I should know better I guess.

Oh and yes... you are obviously out of the loop here. Not sure about the retard part, but you post alone definitely made my A$$hat meter go off. Now shoo troll shoo >:)

yea, you got me. I tried being nice, tried to sound like it's not you, it's me that's wrong for not liking this 'thing' but you're right, I'm the troll.

Ok... I might have come off as a rabid Fanboi. I did foam at the mouth a bit. I apologize. I guess we can agree to disagree and walk away like adults. Sadly a lost trait when it comes to differing opinions in today's world especially in politics. :/
So... um... who else is glad it Friday!? :D

Oh..... Wow.... Uhh...
[Biological Sensors Not Functioning! Re-Initializing Biomechanical Pathways! Standby.]
[Pathway Offline! Initializing System Reboot!]
*Explodes*

EDIT: Okay... I was confused through the course of the song. But the melody was okay, so I guess I need to replace my brain to indulge the sense in the poetry... Or maybe I just need to eat up. Oh well. It took you some hard work to that song, and I salute you just for doing that. :D

Love it! I hope he does too! Aww...so sweet~!

Mention you like Saints Row 2, and he'll be all over you.

Instant win.

Um... Ah... Okay... Whoa.

Didn't know Rebecca Mayes had that in her... Certainly not what I expected. All prepared to tell Yahtzee not to be mean to our gentle songstress (I know, my own macho bullshit side, albeit a gentler one) and find she seems to be perfectly capable of standing up for herself...

Safe to say I no longer feel like I know what to expect from this exchange.

orangeapples:
just imagine Yahtzee writting a song and singing it in response. You'll laugh too.

Hmm. For some reason, I'm now picturing Yahtzee rapping a response to the tune of 99 Problems. I love my imagination sometimes.

O o.................what has been seen cannot be unseen....Bravo Rebecca, Bravo.

No mean to be rude. It was great. Really was.

Kinda like the suprise I got from Heavy Rain but... it was more good then weird me the heck out.

Good job Rebecca, I except a review from Yahtzee. If he doesn't then we'll just have to take a screwdriver minigun then over to Austrailia

luvd1:
Yah! Branson pickle. You mentioned branson pickle. Yahtzee must be happy. And just the right amount of hatred in the lyric. Nice.

BransTon. With a T :)

WAIT! WAIT! WAIT!

I just remembered this from one of Yahtzee's reviews. He said he had no joke for something and then showed a picture of a dog with a hat on it. Now I see this and I see a dog with a hat on it....was that planned? or just pure coinsidence?

AvsJoe:
...whoa...

Remind me never to piss you off, Miss Mayes.

Second

Yahtzee, if you go to the UK, WEAR A CUP MAN, maybe some body armor, and bring some body guards.
Also, might i ask what he did? aside from castrating most all games. What did i miss that made her mad at him?
All the same great song.

I just want to see Yahtzee's response...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here