Rebecca Mayes Muses: Love Song for Yahtzee

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 23 NEXT

Well that was decidedly fucked up. I'd say Yahtzee'll flip but I doubt he gives a shit.

i watched it, and, to be truthful, i did not care for it.

and to the people saying that using Yahtzee was a way of getting views, i comepletely agree with you good gents/ladies. if you take a quick look at the past comments for her previous videas, not one had gotten past 200, bar one. now, as soon as she mentions Yahtzee, KACHOW! over 200 comments in just around 5-6 hours.

this little popularity spike won't last, as soon as she goes back to her regular non-Yahtzee videos, watch her comments plummet faster than a man with a lead parachute.

NickIsCool:

whats with the screwdriver at the end though?

I think its an awl.

Well I liked it. -:D

Huh... that was odd. But kudos for making it hate-filled when it was titled as a "love song".

Now who will bet that either Yahtzee will either say NOTHING or randomly take on a couple of words at the end of a Extra Punctuation article like "meh" or "it's alright".

Now I actually live in a near by town but screw drivers aren't really my thing...

The Austin:
Wait?

What?

Was that a love song or a hate song?

you're not the only one wondering that

I bet this will be like watching a tennis match.

Cmon Yatzee, where's you return? I'm staring at you now.

DO SOMETHING!

...so wait I'm confused. she (is/pretending to be) offended by yahtzee because of...what now?

Pretty funny. Too bad there was no "Press X to not die." references.

Good song, but if I were Yahtzee,I'd be more scared than impressed.

I'm really really drunk. But great song. I'm grooving like hell. YEAH!!!! (Maybe because im drunk) I'LL listen to it tomorrow and if i still ything it's great then it's agreat song!

I was a skeptic, but no more. I actually thought this was pretty good.

The Austin:
Wait?

What?

Yeah, I'm confused too... I think she's saying that she doesn't want to date him but would want to hang out with him and...well, there's something at the very end of the video which may indicate something else. Draw your own conclusion (mine may be wrong).

I guess I'm an idiot, because I'm seeing this song as like she tried to talk to him and he was being a dick, so now she all pissed and wrote a song about it. Am I that dense??

Hopefully the man'll be torn between appreciation and contempt. but it'd be even better if he just appreciated it :D (p.s. I've heard rubbish love songs in my days. This isn't one of them :P)

Monkeyman8:
Well that was decidedly fucked up. I'd say Yahtzee'll flip but I doubt he gives a shit.

right on the money.
that was baaad

Blimey:
Nerd love songs?

Wow. I just believe we've discovered a whole new genre of music!

You obviously have never heard of Jonathan Coulton, sir.

OT: I really liked it, and wasn't there a segment at the end of a ZP video where Rebecca mentioned she was going to be writing this and mentioned Facebook? I'm pretty sure he knew about this beforehand and promoted it, but I could be completely wrong..

Their first date will be like that Stephen King novel where the crazy chick breaks that guys legs just so he will stay with her.

The angriest love song I've heard. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how complex it was. There were a lot of layers of serious/sarcasm/serious/sarcasm there.

An excellent display of vocal talent, by the way. I think that might have gone overlooked, but hitting the notes well should be praised right up there with nailing the visual style and the complex lyrics.

Amazing song. I loved it =]

Mullahgrrl:

NickIsCool:

I think its an awl.

i think im off to google to find out what an awl is...

EDIT: awls look alot like screwdrivers... just pointier

but i still think she has a screwdriver

It would be funny if later Yahtzee did a review on her.

swolf:

The Austin:
Wait?

What?

Yeah, I'm confused too... I think she's saying that she doesn't want to date him but would want to hang out with him and...well, there's something at the very end of the video which may indicate something else. Draw your own conclusion (mine may be wrong).

I think she wants to penetrate him... with a screwdriver.

Dan Weinstein:

Monkeyman8:

right on the money.
that was baaad

As children, we all went to school and drew horrible pictures. Pictures of Santa Clause where he and the reindeer are the same height. Pictures of our families where everyone was literally smiling from ear to ear, though they did not have ears. And an American favorite, the Thanksgiving's Day hand turkey.

Now when we brought these things home to our parents they would smile and say what wonderful works of art they were. Because they had to.

And that's where they just put Yahtzee. He's going to have to rip on it some because that's what he does. But if his response doesn't come out more positive then negative then it's just bad for the site.

That said, I believe Yahtzee owns a bar, and I doubt they will be playing this song there.

I'd like to hear a Rebecca Mayes and Yahtzee collab. It would be much win :D

Is there anything more awkward and wonderful than two misanthropes lurching uncertainly toward one another in possible mutual interest? One misanthrope at least. And he's proud of it.

Nothing is more electrifying than realizing someone is interested in you. Even if the interest is ambiguous in it's intent.

I think both Rebecca and Yahtzee are wonderfully entertaining and I really enjoy their offerings here on The Escapist.

NickIsCool:

Mullahgrrl:

NickIsCool:

I think its an awl.

i think im off to google to find out what an awl is...

EDIT: awls look alot like screwdrivers... just pointier

but i still think she has a screwdriver

I'm pretty sure it was a screwdriver, possibly meant to serve as a detonator (hence the 24-esque beeping at the end?). I don't know what it's purpose was, but it certainly caught me off guard.

This was the type of song I wanted to hear from you, Rebecca. A solid rythmn with great references in the lyrics. One of your best yet, keep up the great work.

Also, if Yahtzee happens to read this, I'd love to see his take on this whole matter, even if it's just him staring at the video with a humorous expression on his face.

Wow, that was not what I expected, but it still turned out to be a brilliant song and video!

Sinister ending mind! Would have to be mindful if I ever saw Rebecca in a bar. Luckily not in the exact same neck of the woods. ;)

wat this is i dont even *is very confused*

MaltesePigeon:

Dan Weinstein:

Monkeyman8:

As children, we all went to school and drew horrible pictures. Pictures of Santa Clause where he and the reindeer are the same height. Pictures of our families where everyone was literally smiling from ear to ear, though they did not have ears. And an American favorite, the Thanksgiving's Day hand turkey.

Now when we brought these things home to our parents they would smile and say what wonderful works of art they were. Because they had to.

And that's where they just put Yahtzee. He's going to have to rip on it some because that's what he does. But if his response doesn't come out more positive then negative then it's just bad for the site.

That said, I believe Yahtzee owns a bar, and I doubt they will be playing this song there.

Check his twitterfeed. He responded to it.

Seriously this is just dross. having seen most of rebecca's songs here all i can say is give up on the one tune nonsese. hell even videogame theater was better than this excrement

it was pretty shit considering the hype involved. all your songs sond the exact same anyways. plus to be fair, yahtzee is KING

So...
When's the wedding?

that was wank

Stabby Joe:
Huh... that was odd. But kudos for making it hate-filled when it was titled as a "love song".

Now who will bet that either Yahtzee will either say NOTHING or randomly take on a couple of words at the end of a Extra Punctuation article like "meh" or "it's alright".

Now I actually live in a near by town but screw drivers aren't really my thing...

He's probably just going to mention it on his Twitter or something, that's what he did when she first said she had a "crush" on him.

EDIT: My mistake, he already did.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 23 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or