E3 2010: Interview with Deadliest Catch’s Captain Sig Hansen

E3 2010: Interview with Deadliest Catch's Captain Sig Hansen

What does the grizzled captain of the fishing boat Northwestern think of the new video game based on his reality show, Deadliest Catch?

Read Full Article

Best. Interview. Ever.

Wow... Take that as a lesson, gaming industry.

It's nice to see that all the crazy publicity didn't go straight to his head. He's a pretty level headed guy.

Love those guys, love Sig. Real men doing men's jobs. Real gungy stuff. Hope the game is fun too. Just the kind of left field offering that might be a surprise hit.

Susan Arendt:
Best. Interview. Ever.

Totally agreed!

Love the Show, and Low Captain Sig! Go Northwestern!

Well fuck that was a fun to read interview!

Not the biggest fan of the show, but I do watch it when its on.

I like this guy, I really like this guy.

"fuck if I know"

Just epic.

Susan Arendt:
Best. Interview. Ever.

Couldn't agree more! Best ending ever, too ^^

If only interviews with game developers were this honest and down-to-earth!

Thanks...

adding..

/salute Captain Phil Harris...may you have fair seas and following seas.

Says "fuck" a lot, doesn't he?

Well, it really is the...

Susan Arendt:
Best. Interview. Ever.

Susan Arendt:
Best. Interview. Ever.

that about sums it up :p (what a dude),

love the show.

also: RIP Phil Harris

Susan Arendt:
Best. Interview. Ever.

Motto.

Too bad the games gonna suck, but it's good to know they're all still the crazy dangerous fishermen they ever were.

He seems like a pretty cool guy and not a complete douche which happens to some people when they get famous. That was an awesome interview. I love the show...pretty sad Cpt. Harris is no longer around.

Haha. I always bet on the Northwestern. Guy's a real character that knows how to get it done.

Russ Pitts:

What does the grizzled captain of the fishing boat Northwestern think of the new video game based on his reality show, Deadliest Catch?

Read Full Article

Of all the people you ever interviewed, did you get the impression he knows the very least about gaming?

Sometimes it seems like he's trying a bit hard to be a gruff fisherman, but that could be my cynical side coming through when I say that.

He plays so hard core but he is soft on the inside... xP
Was a really good interview though!

Sig was always my favorite captain, only slightly edging out those crazy Hillstrands.

Does anyone else get sad seeing Phil Harris despite him passing away in February? I first heard early march and they only showed the episode with the stroke this week. 3 months of sadness whenever he was on DX

RIP Phil.

Sig <3

keeping it real! \o/

Not G. Ivingname:

Russ Pitts:

Read Full Article

Of all the people you ever interviewed, did you get the impression he knows the very least about gaming?

Maybe. I've interviewed PR people who don't even know the game they're representing. They're probably worse. At least Sig is honest about what eh knows and doesn't. Gotta respect that.

LOVED this!! I had no clue they were making a game, but I must play it as I love the show. Great interview, Russ!

Russ Pitts:

Not G. Ivingname:

Russ Pitts:

Read Full Article

Maybe. I've interviewed PR people who don't even know the game they're representing. They're probably worse. At least Sig is honest about what eh knows and doesn't. Gotta respect that.

True... he isn't the guy to deny he anything about himself is he?

Though, why schedule meetings with the PR people who will only spout the postive points to a product they are trying to sell instead of say, the developer?

Great interview, I wish I was cool enough to call someone a land-lubber.

crab fishermen are true badasses

Susan Arendt:
Best. Interview. Ever.

That's the most honest and surprisingly interesting interview i've read in a while. Love the series, I remember watching it from 12 am to 1am on a daily basis.

The article says Alaskan Crab Fishing is "allegedly one of the deadliest jobs in the world,"

It's not "allegedly" it is.

The US Bureau of Labor Statistics lists Fishing and Fishing related workplaces as THE most dangerous job in America year after year.

The AFL-CIO (that's an organization of 56 national and international labor union groups) also lists fishing as the number most dangerous job, with Bering sea fishing at the top of that list.

There's nothing "alleged" when something "IS".

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here