E3 2010: Okamiden

Okamiden

Magic puppies! Okamiden continues the story of Okami, but now it's on the Nintendo DS.

Watch Video

As if I wasn't looking forward to this game enough already?

9 months after the first game? Those are some fast growing children

OKAMIDEN!!! I always wished for a sequel for Okami and that wish has come true! WOOHOO <3!
I just loved Okami. It was so fun, the weapons were AWESOME, the brush techniques were AWESOME, and most of all Amaterasu was FANTASTIC!

This will be all of that + cuteness.....*3*!!!

Edit: Favorite Brush technique would have to be...um....Cherry Bomb.

Edit2: Susan likes Okami w00t! Your awesome.

A day one purchase.

Okami gets even less credit than Shadow of the Colossus and Psychonauts.

That's a shame really.

So cute! Loved the wii version so will definetly play this on DS!

Before anyone says it, yes, I know I said "the original Okamiden" instead of "the original Okami". Realized it as I did it and felt like such a dope.

Still, the game is absolutely stunning. Can't wait to play the full version. :)

HA-hem... OKAMI SQUEEE!
I think I just died of happiness.

Well before, i wasn't excited. i thought this was going to be a washed out half assed ds okami they made to make some money. but this interview changed my opinion and im probably going to go get it now.

I really hope that this game has the variety and all round crazyness of the first games storyline. There aren't meny games that can get away with a band of warrior dogs, a hotel run by sparrows and a bear that balances on balls and serves no purpose to the game (as far as i can remember anyway) and fighting a ghostly samurai inside a sickly emporors stomach was awesome.

Also, did i see the son of the failed hero from the first game ( i cant remember his name he's descended from the great warrior nagi or something.)

If this gets good reviews it may just be the first DS game i have bought in years.

i really hope that it turns out good, the original okami is in my favirote ps2 games right between shadow of the colossus and destroy all humans 2.

Magical puppies FTW!

Susan Arendt:
Before anyone says it, yes, I know I said "the original Okamiden" instead of "the original Okami". Realized it as I did it and felt like such a dope.

Still, the game is absolutely stunning. Can't wait to play the full version. :)

Aw it doesn't matter what you said. You are still awesome to me for liking Okami. It is one of the underappericiated gems of gaming to me. I haven't even really heard it was on the PS2. I just picked it up one day and when I started it up I was hooked.

Edit: I got it for the Wii. I did some checking on it on Gamefaqs and learned it was also on the PS2.

Edit2: I heard it also had more content on the PS2 one...I don't know for sure but still Okami was really one of the best games I've ever played and it was on the Wii which was also great for playing around on the brush techniques.

I want both the games, but why, WHY!?!, are they not for PC.
This makes me and very sad panda.

That bit with the "new evil rising" conversation combined with the image on the screen in the background was very well timed. Coincidence, I suspect, but nice. :)

This game makes me very tempted to actually get a DS... (I have both the Wii and PS2 versions of Okami.)

Day one purchase for me, Okami in up there on my list of 'Games we shall show to to the evil alien overlords to prove that humans are not completely usless and therefore won't pound us into space dust'.

A Nintendo game, starring impish girl who speaks gibberish and rides on the back of a mystical dog. Looks somehow familiar...

Just kidding, I loved Okami, and the sequel looks pretty fair from what I can see.

Yes, so loving this! Hopefully people will have learned from the past and this game will not only be as great as its predecessor, but will sell much better as well.

People will be buying DS' for this, as they should.

Damnit. I've waited years for a new Okami, and they release it on DS? Were's the love for console players?

I honestly don't know why people didn't buy the Wii game or the PS2 version...
I mean, you a f*ckin moon goddess in the form of a white furred wolf, painting on things to help save the world!
And many kids want to play with a fat italian plumber....YEAaaaaahh.

Dabchan:

I mean, you a f*ckin moon goddess in the form of a white furred wolf

Ammys a sun goddess...

And day one purchase! Yeah!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook