Stolen Pixels #207: Resident Equality

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #207: Resident Equality

Sorry, Chris Redfield. This is one argument you won't win.

Read Full Article

Aww man, that last line had me laughing so hard I ended up choking.
Hes soooo gonna ditch her ass next time they meet a El Gigante. Put a bullet in her leg and bolt.
We need a side panel for Stolen Pixels!

That was hilarious...and its exactly what happenes too! I never understood how someone could really call this racist...well, I understand how some people might, but, if common sense prevailed...

But, of course, people who want to find something...as indicated, lol, will find something

That last bit was pretty chuckle-worthy. Damn blacks women Racist implications!

Had a good laugh from this.

The sad thing is that this is completely accurate to what it's like in real life.

That was both hilarious and sadly true to real life.

HK_01:
The sad thing is that this is completely accurate to what it's like in real life.

My thoughts exactly. Actually, those who accuse others of racism are likely to be the true racists, in my opinion.

I suppose Capcom had a bit of a cultural memory lapse ^.^ well the zombies...Wait!...Zombies??They were zombies!?!? I thought they were "infected people" with that mind control bug/parasite (notably the things from the second Blade film)

...thinking about Resident Evil 5 some more, the game later DID have...

...so..maybe...but then again...

DAMNIT, this is why i hate these whole racism debates.

I'm going to watch that South Park episode about the city's "racist" flag now...

I must applaud you for this one.

Meh, I didn't particularly notice racism in RE5, but then again, I saw it as killing Zombies, not killing Black or White Zombies. People are people, the sooner we get that fact straight, the sooner we can all move along. Also, Sheva's attitude in the comic is something I've seen too many times in real life, it's dreadfully annoying...

Political Correctness is like Global Thermonuclear War. The only winning move is not to play.

Frybird:

I'm going to watch that South Park episode about the city's "racist" flag now...

You guys know there are still tons of active hunter-gatherer tribes that operate without modern technology, right?

Right up until the last panel, the conversation that took place reminded me of a conversation in episode 19 of "Doraleous and Associates", as well as Doraleous' reaction: "you guys just...blow my mind sometimes, about how stupid you are." When I got to the last panel, though, I lol'd.

Definitly one of your most entertaining and hilarious Pixel.

Keep it coming Shamus, I am wondering how the Escapist always drags in these remarkable writers and people into their community, they certainly have an eye for talent!

Straying Bullet:

Keep it coming Shamus, I am wondering how the Escapist always drags in these remarkable writers and people into their community, they certainly have an eye for talent!

In the case of Shamus, a friend of mine pointed me at DM of the Rings, and I instantly became a fan. :)

Susan Arendt:

Straying Bullet:

In the case of Shamus, a friend of mine pointed me at DM of the Rings, and I instantly became a fan. :)

Aren't you the woman who done these recent interviews I just watched?

You are a blast to look at, very entertaining. Another piece of Evidence that the Escapist is populated with amazing folks! Keep those interviews up!

Like they say, the best jokes has some truth in them, and this one definitely has. It is strange how someone can turn everything into meaning you are a racist and/or sexist and/or homophobe.

Straying Bullet:

Susan Arendt:

Straying Bullet:

Aren't you the woman who done these recent interviews I just watched?

You are a blast to look at, very entertaining. Another piece of Evidence that the Escapist is populated with amazing folks! Keep those interviews up!

Quite possibly. Glad you enjoyed the videos!

it's okay, Chris
well racism is not okay
but go ahead with the kitchen and sandwich jokes =]

lol jk not really...but reminds me of this video:
http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/view/63/Offensisensitivity

Frybird:

Yeah, but isn't that racist against white people saying we would all do that given the chance?

See, I don't have to worry about being racist, because I treat everybody like crap

Moriarty70:

Frybird:

Yeah, but isn't that racist against white people saying we would all do that given the chance?

Well yes...and still....although...but then again....

GODDAMN I HATE THESE KINDS OF DEBATES!

Well, she is a bitch...

My friends who play the game just leave her with a gun and a box of handgun rounds and give her nothing else because she uses it up or never uses it at all.

Frybird:

Moriarty70:

Frybird:

Well yes...and still....although...but then again....

GODDAMN I HATE THESE KINDS OF DEBATES!

This is nothing. I consider this kind of stuff warm up for debates over political ideas. Now there's a challange.

Epically trolled! good one! XD

how can sheva kill so many zombies when she should be concentrating on her proper role of making sandwiches....

Racism may(one hopes) one day be a thing of the past, but women will always have the upper hand over men. :)

lmao i love seeing white guys' faces when people play the "offended, angry black guy" card. they can go through walls they backpeddle so fast.

that's okay though. we only do that to play with you. actual racists aren't fazed by that stuff, they just own up to it, right in your face.

Shamus Young:
Seems like a bit of a trap for the game designer. The zombies are black so the game is racist. But if the African zombies were white, that would be racist, too. Is there some magic mix, some ratio of black-to-white zombies that would have made it okay?

This is very true. What I think might have helped a little is if the protagonist would have been black as well. Then it would've been a zombie game set in Africa, instead of a game where some white guy flies over to Africa to kill him some blacks (as it was apparently perceived by some). However, some people will just never be satisfied.

Also, I heard you can unlock a leopard print bikini for the black girl sidekick, which I imagine can be perceived as racist.

I enjoyed the comic as usual!

I didn't think RE5 was Racist.

It was in Africa.
Big Deal.

Anyway, great comic man!

Pifft. My buddies Oxford and Webster both tell me that racism is making any judgment based on race, so even referring to the zombies as black or white is racist. Referring to people in the same way is racist too. Racist.

Ha ha, yes. You get so worried about being a racist that you accidentally let out that you're sexist! The perfect bait and switch plan.

The main problem with RE5 (other than it was a plain bad game if you couldn't play coop) is that it took the idealization of the player character and the demonization of the enemies too far. A white guy killing black people by itself isn't too bad, but you're a huge muscular white guy with perfect hair killing black guys that have apparently been ran over by a flaming truck transporting ugly. It's honestly asking for it.

"I don't hate you because you're black (kinda-sorta) or a woman. I hate you because you steal all the ammo and then waste it because you won't aim for the head!"

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 67218)