Review: Transformers: War for Cybertron

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Not a fan of the franchise personally but this seems like an interesting thing to pick up during a gap in my schedule. Especially nice to see that this is a game getting released on PC as well as consoles without an absurd length of waiting time.

Butterjaw:

Beast Machines.

Let us not mention that abomination, please.

Draconalis:

Butterjaw:

Beast Machines.

Let us not mention that abomination, please.

But... I liked it. Maybe I just didn't notice it, but is there a wide-spread consensus that BM was awful...? I mean, yeah, it was different, but personally I found it nearly as enjoyable as BW.

Sonicron:

But... I liked it. Maybe I just didn't notice it, but is there a wide-spread consensus that BM was awful...? I mean, yeah, it was different, but personally I found it nearly as enjoyable as BW.

I don't know how wide spread it might have been, but I know that's when the established lore started to go out the window, and the series got bad. Everything after that was a nose dive (The japanese shows that were terrible)

My biggest complaint about that series, was the "Organic core" of cybertron... The planet was built. There is no organic core.

Draconalis:

Sonicron:

I don't know how wide spread it might have been, but I know that's when the established lore started to go out the window, and the series got bad. Everything after that was a nose dive (The japanese shows that were terrible)

My biggest complaint about that series, was the "Organic core" of cybertron... The planet was built. There is no organic core.

Yes the organic core bit was abit odd, but the series was good generally. It was different to Beast Wars, I was abit miffed about them turning Rhinox evil (properly this time)
and Ratrap losing all his weapons... but it worked I guess. I only brought it up to mention the plant forms as an example of the evolution of the transformation mechanism.

I demand (ask) someone to find the end of that transformers song at the end of the video because it sounds pretty badass.

Ots an ok to good game but its a bit to simple needs more weapons needs more customization, levels need to be larger especially the flying levels.

Still tis the ebst TF game hands down...but all in all it could be better.... I give it a solid 7.....

Its interesting to note how this thread has transformed from Game Mode, to Show Mode.

I wonder... have they replaced that malfunctioning "keyboard control" transformation cog?

ok I have a few words to say , first I have not stopped cussing at the tv yet .
playing this game with the ps3 interface is like trying to pull a hang nail out of your toe with your teeth it aint gonna happen . I love to die from a good ai fight ...... not from falling thew the floor because you cant walk , aim , shoot AND jump all at once = out come of 11 story fall .
having multiple options for the controller setup is great ... if that option changes more then 1 button IE not just swapping them . old guy here what ever ha-pend to letting ME decide what buttons I want to use ? there was at one time a "STANDARD" CONTROLLER LAYOUT ? HMMM HOW OLD ARE THE KIDS MAKING THESE GAMES NOW ?
meh 70 $ down the drain 5 min and im taking this game to the street and GIVING IT AWAY !! LOL inter face is that bad or im that pissed dono ?
it should be fun flying a ship meant for combat? starscream is carting his dead mom and her family in his hold its like flying a turtle in your pants ?
I just started the second chapter and its already apparent this game is another that is all looks / brains but just no coordination on the tech aspect = fail emer-tion yar I cant spell suck it :P

War for Cybertron is fantastic and actually fun online as I can't even hear the people with mics. Despite what people say the classes are balances just fine I play a scout and I use hit and run and get high kill streaks. If I linger around too long I get destroyed and that's exactly how it should be.

WrcklessIntent:
I demand (ask) someone to find the end of that transformers song at the end of the video because it sounds pretty badass.

Stan Bush, til all are one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFHQcKxFd7E

There ya go.

GloatingSwine:
Anyone who is boggled as to why the Transformers turn into cars and stuff on Cybertron, ask yourselves this:

What should they transform into?

well I say this in the cartoon. they turn into vehicals to get around faster. they vehicals they turn into are just high tech versions of cars and planes, so the game got it right in that respect.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here