Zero Punctuation: E3 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

About the Playtation move, to paraphrase a lady friend of mine.

I'm happy I don't have a PS3, having one of those in my room would just raise questions

I highly doubt any of the 'casual' audience are going to pay £100 extra to make a £200 console do that they wanted it to do in the first place. At least that Star Wars game looks intriguing, right?

Laugh'd at Peter Molyneux by the way, even if I have to like the guy for being British and actually having pride in what he does. Not to mention that Fable is my guilty pleasure.

i don't understand why they put Rebbecca's entire thing in this. a simple mention of it would have been enough

What? No mention of the upcoming silent hill VI? No mention of CoD: Black Ops? Half of what I was looking forward to hearing about what he had to say about them...

Y'know...

I'll bet he caught that.

Marter:
I was expecting an actual response to Rebecca's song though, rather than just playing it again.

He did respond, though on a less public forum: his Twitter. He basically said he's not misogynist, because as opposed to hating just women, he actually hates everyone.

Still, what's he gonna say that's not going to sound like either a concession or a bitchfest?

ANYHOO...

One of the things I'm trying to catch with these new Nintendo games is not just harping on the fact that they're using the same characters, because they're GOING TO, because it MOVES PRODUCT. What I'm looking for is what they're actually doing with those characters for a gameplay perspective.

For instance, the games I'm looking forward to the most are Metroid: Other M, and Kid Icarus, because, while they're using old and trusted characters, they are going for rather unique gameplay mechanics entirely new to the series, if not gaming at large, not that they had to stretch very far to do something new with Pit, considering his last outing was in four shades of puke green on a Game Boy. :-P

I now no longer need explain my feelings towards motion controllers and 3D, cos Yahtzee sumed it up nicely.

I'm worried that Mr.Kojima is goin a bit too far with MGS, he's announcing somthin' new at TGS and i bet it's another game with Metal and Gear in the title.

If team ninja seriously screws up Samus, I'll never forgive them. Metroid II was my first game ever, so the series holds a special place in my heart.

Yeah, and fuck everything about the move and kinect.

624:

puchead:
FIRST!!!! HAHAHA

BANNED!!!! HAHAHA

Damn it, you stole my response word to word.
Ah.
Excellent video, Yahtzee, although I reckon you could've mentioned more third-party games.

Honestly, I think his, 'put the action on screen as close to the reaction in my brain' remark explains better than anything I've ever heard why small controls with small movement work best, and I say that recognizing that it had never remotely crossed my mind previously.

And yes, I did watch all the way through the Mayes piece again wondering if he'd have had something to tack on at the end, or edit in during. But, still a good piece so I'm not too disappointed.

Was it necessary to add Rebecca Mayes' entire song to the end of the video? It is not like the thread on her video channel is one of the most discussed lately.

I actually have almost the same opinion as Yahtzee about motion controls.. That's scary, and I like Branston and live in the UK, well Scotland to be precise.

I'm reserving judgement on the 3DS til I actually get to see the screen in action. I got no idea how 3D or not it is yet.

I do believe Yahtzee hit the nail on the head about the saddest thing known to man, also known as gimmicks. I do not want motion controls or 3D, and when those twats in the marketing department off themselves will be the time they realize they've been wasting other people's money pushing crap onto the true target demographic.

E3 broke my heart, again. This is fucking pathetic. A new Goldeneye? Really? A NEW Goldeneye? Nintendo is on my shit list, the 360 still fails to excite me, and now the PS3 is just kinda sitting there shrugging.

Though to be fair, Sony had the motion thing before the Wii with the Playstation Eye for the PS2 and stuff. Granted it wasn't as good, but they still had it. I'm not counting the motion crap Nintendo and other parties made for the NES, that stuff didn't work and was flat out stupid.

Also, kudos to the song on the end.

Great as usual but I am surprised that you didn't mention Portal 2 at all during the video.
I am curious as to see your opinions on it, I hope It'll get mentioned in Extra Punctuation. :D

624:

puchead:
FIRST!!!! HAHAHA

BANNED!!!! HAHAHA

Rats. I was hoping to say that. >__<

Well, he's right, if anyone can unseat WoW it'll be KOTOR.

i wish he mentioned something about how microsoft basicly dumped all their fanboys. for the next few mont their going to have an on again of again relationship with great brake up sex sometime around the end of september. then microsoft will realise they were wrong and they will have a heartfelt reunion.

Good video Yahtzee!

But really, I was expecting more anger, more beating down, grrr, grrr, aaaar *murders hopes* It wasn't as brutal as your last year's E3 video, but it was funnier. "Expect to have a bee entering the room and have your character throwing grenades all over the place..." I had to stop the video, the laughter didn't let me concentrate.

This is the only E3 summary/review/rundown I needed to watch, Yahtzee delivers!
And I'm sure that was very satisfying for all those waiting for a response to Rebecca Mayes' song.

shotgunjoe:
Very good, although Rebecca Mayes is annoying as fuck, not funny at all.

Everyone's thinking it, Shotgunjoe said it.

Not even a response to the video. I am disappoint.

Was it just me or was this uploaded late?

And I'm sure that was very satisfying for all those waiting for a response to Rebecca Mayes' song.

There was a response? Where?

A limerick reply to the song would've been awesome! A song which wasn't that bad, you miserable sods, you.

Although it was as good of a Zero Punctuation as usual, I can't help but feel it was more of Yahtzee's view on motion controls than the actual show.

AHHHH., I see you finally mentioned metroid. I always wandered why you left metroid prime 3 out of you super star 2007 reviews. What the best game on the wii just seemed a little bit intimidating if nintendo had made it? Out of all the nintendo franchise that keeps on coming out metroid is the only one that keeps on doing somthing different in each game which is why it is a very good franchise to drool over.

That song at the end was incredibly awesome.

Ugh! I thought I'd never have to hear "kinest/kinset"" pronounced correctly! Now I'll need work harder to mispronounce it every chance I get.

I actually thought you might reply to that song for a second, but oh well.

Anyway, motion controllers, who needs them, the Wii games I play don't even require them.

shotgunjoe:
Very good, although Rebecca Mayes is annoying as fuck, not funny at all.

I didn't find it annoying... just really, really boring. Especially after the awesomeness that is watching everything I love and care about get torn to shreds.

Somewhat weak. I was hoping for some more thoughts on the actual GAMES that were announced, and the whole thing ended rather abruptly.

And Christ, the way people reacted to Rebecca's song, you'd think they were forcibly subjected to listening to a cat drown. You weren't FORCED to watch it you know. You could have just done like I did and stopped playing the video.

All true but what I really wanted to see was his answer to Rebecca.

*reads comments*

Yeah, I suspected this. Rebecca is a musician with talent, but the appeal of her music is extremely bipolar. Stuffing her video into the end of ZP is going to earn her quite a bit of ridicule rather than praise, because most of her fans are already following her videos on her own page. There are a multitude of people who find her music distasteful, and many of them watch ZP/stopped following her videos.
~

And wow, yes, Kinectamals came straight from the pits of hell. That demented glare, jeebus...

Why do we still have that singing chick on here? She's not clever, funny or talented in any way. Can't we just junk her and pretty much 90% of the crap on here and keep only yahtzee and the loading ready run guys?

Kungfu_Teddybear:

puchead:
FIRST!!!! HAHAHA

When are people going to relise doing this gets you a ban.

OT: loved what he said about the Playstation Move XD

But yeah, i never liked motion controls on the Wii and i'm not going to like them on the PS3 or Xbox either.

When they read rules(or use common sense) so never.

Sansha:
I don't even know why people bother with E3 anymore, it's just a parade of shitty sequels, remakes, and Blizzard and Valve promising shit.

Yea. This year was a bit better than last year but that really isn't saying much. The biggest surprise was the 3ds and as Yahtzee points out, how are we supposed to know if it will be any good; the public view can't help but be vague.

I thought Kinectimals looked more like what would've happened if Jeffrey Dahmer opened an ice cream shop.

Yahtzee, Rebecca is gonna kill you

Yo Becca! That song is awesome! Don't listen to the haters!

3DS does have a flawed market plan though, I must agree. The only way I can see it working is in store demos. In fact, that would be awesome.

Calumon: Mario will come out and attack everyone in the store!

I was surprised that Yahtzee didn't even comment on the "love song," he's obviously aware of it if it's at the end of his own video. Not even a snide comment?

Oh well.

At least we get another E3 video, those are my favorites (usually).

Sansha:
I don't even know why people bother with E3 anymore, it's just a parade of shitty sequels, remakes, and Blizzard and Valve promising shit.

Yea. This year was a bit better than last year but that really isn't saying much. The biggest surprise was the 3ds and as Yahtzee points out, how are we supposed to know if it will be any good; the public view can't help but be vague.

I thought Kinectimals looked more like what would've happened if Jeffrey Dahmer opened an ice cream shop.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here