Dafne Keen as Jecki Lon in The Acolyte

Who Does Dafne Keen Play in Star Wars: The Acolyte?

Upcoming Disney+ Star Wars series The Acolyte boasts a stellar line-up of acting talent – including Logan star Dafne Keen. So, who does Dafne Keen play in The Acolyte?

Recommended Videos

Related: All Major Actors & Cast List for The Acolyte

Who Dafne Keen Plays in Star Wars: The Acolyte, Explained

Dafne Keen portrays Jecki Lon, a Jedi Padawan, in The Acolyte. Lon is half-human, half-Theelin, which accounts for her six small horns, and pale, partially spotted complexion. Her Jedi Master is Sol: The Acolyte‘s male lead, played by Squid Game‘s Lee Jung-jae. Little else is known about Jecki Lon at this stage, however, her official Star Wars databank entry offers some insight into her characterization. “Although she is young, [Lon] projects calm and conducts herself with maturity,” her bio reads. Promotional trailers and stills also confirm that Lon wields a green lightsaber and sports standard, High Republic-era Jedi robes.

Related: Is Keanu Reeves in Star Wars: The Acolyte?

The Acolyte showrunner Leslye Headland talked up Jecki Lon in a March 2024 interview with StarWars.com, reserving particular enthusiasm for Lon’s heritage. “You’ll see a half-Theelin, half-human Jedi, Jecki, played by Dafne Keen, which was always a dream of mine,” she said. Headland added that her affinity for the Theelin species dates back to the Special Edition re-release of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, which features Theelin/human singer Rystáll Sant during its big musical number. However, unlike Jecki, Rystáll’s physiology skews more Theelin, including hooved feet.

Dafne Keen Teases Her “Very Cool” Acolyte Character

Headland’s not the only one excited about Jecki Lon’s debut, either. Dafne Keen raved about her character in an April 2024 Entertainment Weekly interview. “[Jecki Lon’s] very cool and I have some very cool fights I do with the lightsaber,” Keen said. “I really love her. She’s a great character and was really fun to play.” In the same interview, Keen also outlined how the dynamic between Jecki and Sol differs from Star Wars‘ most prominent teacher/student duo: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker.

Related: Has The Acolyte Already Retconned Star Wars’ Sith Canon?

“I’d say [Jecki] is a very dedicated Padawan. She’s definitely in awe of [Sol] in a very kind of sweet way,” Keen observed. “She thinks the absolute world of him in a way that I think they have a very sweet relationship, but she’s much more aware of the authority difference than, for example, Obi-Wan and Anakin. She’s very much like, ‘No, he’s the master and I’m the Padawan and he’s perfect. And everything he says, I have to follow to the T.'”

The Acolyte premieres on Disney+ on June 4, 2024.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Read Article X-Men ’97 Season 1: Does Storm Get Her Powers Back?
Storm using her weather powers in X-Men '97 Season 1. This image is part of an article about when does X-Men '97 Episode 6 Come Out.
Related Content
Read Article Agatha: Who Does Joe Locke Play in the MCU Series?
Joe Locke and Marvel Comics character Billy Kaplan/Wiccan
Read Article X-Men ’97: Who Is Theo James’ Character, Bastion?
Bastion in X-Men '97 Season 1, Episode 7, "Bright Eyes"
Read Article X-Men ’97 Season 1: Does Storm Get Her Powers Back?
Storm using her weather powers in X-Men '97 Season 1. This image is part of an article about when does X-Men '97 Episode 6 Come Out.
Author
Leon Miller
Leon is a freelance contributor at The Escapist, covering movies, TV, video games, and comics. Active in the industry since 2016, Leon's previous by-lines include articles for Polygon, Popverse, Screen Rant, CBR, Dexerto, Cultured Vultures, PanelxPanel, Taste of Cinema, and more.