Zero Punctuation: E3 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

I was wondering what the other half of the video was going to be when the credits hit.

I really dislike that song. Hate might be a strong word, but I gave Rebecca a shot a while back and think she's pretty bad. This song didn't help matters any.

I don't have much to say about the E3 video. The puberty analogy was funny, if crude even by ZP standards, and probably accurate. There doesn't seem to be much to E3 this year, and the commentary on it seems equally sparse. Yay, Kinect. Yay, Move. Yay, 50 rehashed Nintendo franchises that will make Nintendo rich without having to do any real work.

Summed up my opinion on motion control pretty well. As useless gimmicks!

CabbageSnake:
Yea, I'm in the same boat as everyone else that expected and wanted 8 minutes then realizing theres a shitty song at the end. =/

rep+++ : D

I was REALLY hoping for an 8-minute long ZP. And I got a kick in the nutts at the end. It's like playing Portal, and you find out someone cut out the last 30 minutes. Which is 1/5 of the game at best.

If you still don't get it - not everyone likes Rebecca Mayes. Heck, most of the people dislike her, only a loyal fanbase remains. We don't want to hear her song for a reason - they all sound alike and are boring.

[DELETED]

I don't want controllers too change. I use my GameCube controller for the Wii if I can. Also Rebecca Mayes is awesome!

Amazing vid, I really loved the 3DS talk XD

And what's with that song lol

I'm surprised I managed to stay awake while watching the E3 footage. This year's must've been the worst one yet; endlessly gushing about 3D, motion controls...and Killzone 3, as though that's innovative; am I the only one who thought "this looks exactly the same as Killzone 2, apart from that jetpack thing"? At least tell us that you're making at least one good game that isn't 3D or motion-controlled, preferably a space-flight sim with actual interstellar travel and Freespace 2-style beam weapons for bloody once! And as for motion controls themselves, my sister used to sneak up on me and jab me in the ribs, which was guaranteed to send me flying at least an inch off my chair, which would be made even worse with a motion-controlled game as I could very well accidentally slit my characters throat.

At the end of this years E3, I thought: "There's only one solution for this: The SD Lucifer!"

The Cheezy One:
that was good
i was thinking "yeah 8 mins long" so a bit disappointed in that regard. also ive already seen that song
EDIT: did like the song, just a bit of a let down

same here, I think it was cool of yahtzee to post her song though, it turned me on to (not erotically) her music because of the ZP reference and I'd imagine it's done the same for many other people.

No mention of COD: Black Ops? I know you're not a paticular fan of it(neither am I) but i was curious to see if they've figured out how to make the game NOT AWFUL

Well that was amazing. I wonder if Yahtzee will write or perform a response to Mayes' song.

Nathaniel Formtwister:

Jackpot:
If I want to hear shitty pop music, I'd go anywhere but the internet.

1) What the hell has everyone got against Rebecca Mayes? Stop hating on a talented musician!

Well, that's just like, your opinion man. My opinion is that she is no different to the dime a dozen pop musicians who get by with three chords and a smile. Your opinion is the she is the offspring of bach and lady gaga.

There was a lot of stuff to be disapointed about but there still was really nice games that are coming out like that shogan total war 2 game sounds fun. The sequel the little big planet and patapon coming out. Funny though. Yatzhee did not mention the sequel to portal or dues ex I suppose that means either he didn't know didn't care or geuinely wanted the games to be good and thus did not hack it. Personally some of the nintedo games that are being remade haven't seen the light of day for quite awhile and I for one would like to play another game of them. Like kid icarus or star fox which I never had the systems for.

Also I'm not really a fan of Ms. Mayes work but some of the stuff you guys are saying is pretty uncalled for.

h-Okay I'm a tad confused. Maybe I'm not reading this right but are people actually celebrating Yahtzee for stomping on their excitement (an alien enough concept in and of itself, but pretty much standard fare for ZP comments) AND saying that they didn't give a crap about any of it, At the same time??

There's gotta be a contradiction in there, seriously.

What was at the end of zp this week?

lollollollol

Marcus Dubious:

solidstatemind:

ForgottenPr0digy:
bullshit
I only get a half of episode so you show that fucking shitty music video.

Are you brain-dead or just bad at math? 8 min - 3 min for the song = 5 min... or about the length of your average ZP. Pro-tip: if you're going to abrasively complain about something, you should make sure your complaint is at least valid.

As to all the other song-haters: get a grip.
a) If you thought about it for half a second, you would've realized that the Escapist was almost definitely going to put the two together.
b) Feel free to hit the fucking pause button and not watch the song. It's not our fault you didn't, so it's kind of retarded for you to bitch to everyone about it.

I think someone has a crush on Rebecca Mayes.

i think the most grown up thing to add here is lollollollollollollollol

RamirezDoEverything:

No mention of COD: Black Ops? I know you're not a paticular fan of it(neither am I) but i was curious to see if they've figured out how to make the game NOT AWFUL

To do that, they'd have to travel back in time and hand development over to the CoD4 era Infinity Ward.

So there is someone who wants to snuggle Yahtzee,lol

I guess I owe my friend a 20.

E3 sucked.Motion control sucked.Nintendo well,ignoring the last decades of game innovation to remake the same games they made in early 90's.Cuz they couldnt makeup shit anymore.

Good things from E3:

Well,Portal 2 update.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is still alive.

GT5 has a release date.

Twisted Metal releasing.

...I guess thats it.

Melancholy_Ocelot:
Thanks for shoehorning Rebecca Mayes in there for us. That wasn't necessary.

When I saw 8mins I was pretty chuffed! It was like ordering steak and getting a second steak free! But once you finish the 1st steak you find out the 2nd steak is actually a moldy turd!

RamirezDoEverything:

The Cheezy One:
that was good
i was thinking "yeah 8 mins long" so a bit disappointed in that regard. also ive already seen that song
EDIT: did like the song, just a bit of a let down

same here, I think it was cool of yahtzee to post her song though, it turned me on to (not erotically) her music because of the ZP reference and I'd imagine it's done the same for many other people.

you know what put me off?
the blatant copying from MW2
theres even something about
"the past is controlled by the winners"
which is 100% NOT
"history is written by the victors"
seriously, please tell me im not the only one to notice

when I saw the video finish *the review part* I was like oh... so he wasnt going to respond to rebecca... and then I hit home, and just before it loaded I noticed there was another 3 minutes, then I was like "Perhaps...?" But you still didnt reply to it :(

sirdanrhodes:
Who let that awful song in to the end of the video?

It's The Escapist desperately trying to convince people that Rebecca Mayes is relevant.

Marcus Dubious:

solidstatemind:

ForgottenPr0digy:
bullshit
I only get a half of episode so you show that fucking shitty music video.

Are you brain-dead or just bad at math? 8 min - 3 min for the song = 5 min... or about the length of your average ZP. Pro-tip: if you're going to abrasively complain about something, you should make sure your complaint is at least valid.

As to all the other song-haters: get a grip.
a) If you thought about it for half a second, you would've realized that the Escapist was almost definitely going to put the two together.
b) Feel free to hit the fucking pause button and not watch the song. It's not our fault you didn't, so it's kind of retarded for you to bitch to everyone about it.

I think someone has a crush on Rebecca Mayes.

What makes you think that? (innocent look)

No, really: I do happen to like her music, since I have a weakness for that Imogen Heap/Kate Bush/Tori Amos-circa-Choirgirl-Hotel style electro-chick music, but actually it also has to do with my intense dislike for people who are insultingly derisive about shit. I can understand not liking something; I could even understand saying that it shouldn't have been put on a ZP. (Although, like I said, if you didn't see that coming, you're being a little clueless; I knew that was going to happen from the moment that I saw the first post about Mayes writing a love-song to Yahtzee. It's called 'cross-promotion', and it's one of the oldest PR tricks out there.)

The fact is that what pissed me off more-- and I've ranted about this before-- was that many of the people complaining were just rude about it. It's bad enough that these idiots (mostly younger people, usually) for some reason seem to think they are somehow entitled to be completely catered to in every way, they also have to act like stuck-up assholes about it.

All I have to say is:
a) if you don't like it, well, nobody is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to watch, and,
b) if you think it's so bad, let's see you do better.

In regards to the inevitable question of "well, you don't like rudeness, so why do you watch ZP? Yahtzee is one of the most rude curmudgeons out there." The answer is simple- Yahtzee is funny when he rags on shit, so even though I know he might skewer something that I'm fond of (like WoW, say), I'm still entertained by it. If I didn't accept that, I wouldn't watch... much like I'm suggesting the complainers do. In contrast, the complainers are simply babies pulling shit out of their diapers and flinging it because the world isn't doing what they want... and there is nothing either edifying or entertaining about that.

(But yeah, the crush thing was an astute observation... ;)

God I hate Rebecca's songs, not a single one have I ever liked, I would prefer her release a song ever two weeks and be of decent quality then once a week and be rubbish to be quite honest

"Now's your turn to rip me to shreds."

And where is this ripping to shreds?

E3, yes, but god damn, the video was 8 minutes long. It would've been much awesomer if half of that was the E3 rundown, and the other half about that song (or about Rebecca Mayes overall). I am disappoint, Yahtzee.

Oh, the episode? It was pretty good stuff, as ZP usually is.

I would have thought Team Ninja would be the perfect people to work on a game where the heroine will take progressively more clothes off the faster you complete it.

Except Dirty Old Tomonobu Itagaki isn't there any more, so it won't be the same.

motion controls suck

Yahtzee summed it up quite nice (lol at the PS3 being a creepy pedo)

...and I liked that they put Rebecca Mayes at the end...some of you are being uncalled for up in here...just hit pause if you don't like...

Damn song at the end, I was thinking "awesome really long ZP" only to get song at... so now I've got to go kill a kitten to expel my rage... thanks for making me kill a kitten, I liked that kitten... you kitten murdering bastards.

Sansha:
I don't even know why people bother with E3 anymore, it's just a parade of shitty sequels, remakes, and Blizzard and Valve promising shit.

Blizzard actually makes most of their promises at Blizzcon. They seem to have a much more minimal presence at E3 to the point of being almost token.

Ok, nice video but what with the song at the end?

wait I get in Rebecca Mayes is sleeping with someone in charge at the escapist.....

Lolth17:
I'll eat my hat if Yahtzee had anything to do with attaching that mediocre pop dribble at the end there. I'm sure it was the Escapist desperately trying to look cute/make drama/elicit a response from him. Song was fun until she got to the completely meaningless chorus, wherein it became clear that it wasn't a song about Yahtzee, just a 'meh' song that she shoehorned a few one-liners about Yahtzee into.

Whatever, personally, I liked it.

Rebecca Maybe was better for the second time of watching, but where was Yahtzee's response? I LOLed when he compared motion control to menstruation, though; that was a nice touch.

Dam I was hoping that we were in store for an epicly long Zp, but that song was merely tacked on at the end.

Unlike past episodes about E3 it's more about the concepts and technology than the games, and can you blame him? I mean Nintendo was the only one who made a show out of their games, but even then it had the recurring theme, theirs being new old games... which is better mind you.

Also, nice quick reference to Metro 2033. Will its fans want to virtually hug a tiger? Speaking as one... nooooooo!

Rebecca Mayes FTW! :-D

Oh, wait, am I in the wrong thread? :-/

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook