Zero Punctuation: E3 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Great ZP! Really enjoyed it, fucking Nintendo are so annoying and i'm sick of this motion controller crap.

include('e3.hype');
include('crude.humor');
include('brit.sarcasm');

run('zero.punctuation');

Seems pretty effortless, to me. Not bad at all, but not unexpected or surprising either.

And stop hating on Rebecca Mayes. When was the last time YOU put your creative energy into something that you could leverage into a living? We should all be so fortunate as to pursue our passions as a career rather than wasting away in corporate cubicles and behind fast-food counters.

Think he's gonna say something about the song next week. So everybody knows what he is talking about. Seems logical to me anyways

But good ZP vid. Even better then the 2008 and 2009 versions.

Ugh... why was I subjected to that song again? I already watched it on my own...

I was hoping that there would be some sort of witty response to the song at least... or edited in commentary. /cry

For the record, I too, was tricked into thinking this might be an extra special super secret long episode of good times. And then my hopes were crushed.

Thanks, Yahtzee, for your opinion on regular controllers (I count mice and keyboards as regular controllers as well) being more than enough and actually perfect for serious gaming. However, since regular controllers are available for all current consoles and the motion sensing controls are also available, that means we get the freedom to choose and use what suits us best. In that respect, since there is choice, the opinion doesn't say much other than that a cat is a cat.

I'm not often in disagreement with your videos, but this time I do think you're not giving the 3DS enough credit, because - as opposed to those goggles-requiring devices currently on the market - the 3DS' 3D doesn't require any goggles and as such may ascend beyongd gimmickry. Also, it has much-improved specs over the other DS's, so it may well be a very good, very popular device which you could enjoy as well. If that happens, I hope you'll have the decency to apologise to Nintendo. Of course, if it does turn out to be a gimmick you don't like, then I'll have the decency to retract my statement as well :).

Oh, and finally, to answer the opinionated humming-vague-attempt-at-singing person's question at the end: "Yes, in a free world, it is okay". And as an opinionated person myself, I'd like to state that trying to leech off another person's success in an attempt to boost your own fame is a sad, parasitic and regrettable practice. If it's such a problem for you, why not voicing your opinion to Yahtzee in private rather than publicly, for all to see?

soooo speking of another bloody zelda are you going to review this one? probably not becuase review one you have reviewed them all save a few difrences.
p.s. is any one else as wirded out by portal two I mean yah its one of the few games that realy diserves a sequil but sequils are a lost purpuse now arnt they?

Dear Yahtzee...

Thank you ever so much for ragging on 3D! Now I know that I'm not alone in believing that it is Total. Bloody. Shite.

Love the video. Though I thought you focused on motion controls a bit too much, personally. It would've been nice to see your opinions on other games.

Nice to see the Rebecca Mayes song at the end, too. Although I watched it on Friday, it's still good. Why are people ragging on her so much?

what a strange and terrible song at the end of the video.

Jackpot:
Well, that's just like, your opinion man. My opinion is that she is no different to the dime a dozen pop musicians who get by with three chords and a smile. Your opinion is the she is the offspring of bach and lady gaga.

Funny, I don't recall ever mentioning Bach or Lady Gaga in what I thought about Rebecca Mayes. Seems like an odd thing to say, considering Mayes is definately a considerable improvement over Gaga (You cannot defend Gaga's "originality" when compared to the only musical gaming critic on the web) and Bach is dead, which puts strain on his current playing abilities some what.

Is it just me who thinks it hypocritical for people to complain that there are not enough female gamers or original webshows on the internet, then when a female game critic who criticises games through the medium of music appears, you find fault in that too.

How about you reconsider your own opinion instead of changing my own?

P.S The style is more "Alternative" than pop as she doesn't have a fixed style other than an acoustic guitar is played a lot, which isn't a pop instrument.

* clap clap clap *

Now i don't need to read the book. And i was just about to lol.

Edit: Did not mean to post this here.

The 3DS is basically just a giant Gimmick because you can turn the 3D off but if the rumors are true that its as powerful as the 360 and PS3 then that is a HUGE HUGE HUGE step in handheld gaming.

And when the review ended, the pretentiousness began.

Nathaniel Formtwister:

Is it just me who thinks it hypocritical for people to complain that there are not enough female gamers or original webshows on the internet, then when a female game critic who criticises games through the medium of music appears, you find fault in that too.

How about you reconsider your own opinion instead of changing my own?

Of course, my apologies. Let's give her a patronizing pat on the head, because she's a woman. And we all know that this is the absolute best that any woman could ever do. It is absolutely hypocritical of me to take note of the discrepancy in the ratio of male-to-female gamers, and dislike the product of a woman that does something having vaguely to do with games.

Okay, I'm done reconsidering my opinion. Now let's try this my way: we can take into account the fact that women are not dogs, and are, in fact, autonomous, sentient creatures capable of damned near everything men are (the most prominent exceptions being bodily functions), including (but not limited to) making good things, and making bad things. I happen to think that making the same song repeatedly, changing the lyrics to be vaguely about a game, and then putting costumes on your dog and boyfriend and chasing them around with a camera is not good, and I'd dislike it every bit as much as if a man made it. That's equality, welcome to the 21st century.

Oh, and don't fool yourself by thinking that her music videos are the female population's first tentative steps into the magical world of gaming, and that she will bring forth a flood of shy, cute female gamers that want to hear you talk about the last time you prestiged. If a woman like video games, she'll probably play them. If a woman doesn't care about video games, she probably has things she'd rather do, as opposed to being a shrinking violet that dreams of one day being able to play video games in public without being scorned. I have casual conversations about MW2 with very attractive, very popular, very feminine women, and that's possible because we're past the day and age of women being shunned by society for liking something "unwomanly".

FreelanceButler:
Although it was as good of a Zero Punctuation as usual, I can't help but feel it was more of Yahtzee's view on motion controls than the actual show.

That's essentially all there was to E3 this year. :/

I like how all the RMM lovers try to project themselves as the enlightened upper-class. Keep your noses up, guys! They'll grow on your foreheads one of these days!

I disagree with Yahzee's fear of evolving controls, evolution is the foundation of humans and gamers, that probably makes it god to us.

I really wanted to see him respond to Rebecca!

Sansha:
I don't even know why people bother with E3 anymore, it's just a parade of shitty sequels, remakes, and Blizzard and Valve promising shit.

yes It is

Yahtzee how could you forget or not mention Portal 2? Though that would be one of the first things you brought up. Oh well but for god sake I was expecting you to respond to Rebecca's song, well more then just reposting it.

-Torchedini-:
Think he's gonna say something about the song next week. So everybody knows what he is talking about. Seems logical to me anyways

But good ZP vid. Even better then the 2008 and 2009 versions.

I do hope it's another limerick.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/916-Wolfenstein this was better then Branston Pickle

best episode ever!!!, It was like the perfect readerīs-watcherīs digest of Croshaw, Itīs all there... I love this guy

Well, that was good. I agree with most about everything, fuck motion controls, I want to come hoem from work bollixed and crash with a controller and a mic. If I wanted to do something that required as much effort as having sex Id just have sex?! Duh

Also I feel stung, I thought we were in for 8 whole minutes of my favourite bile spewing Englishman.

I was a little disappointed with this video. I usually get really excited when I see that is a review of such event such as e3 because it is usually a fast based bashing of many games and this year it is just based upon motion sensor controls. When virtual reality comes out in the far future, it would be nice to not have to use a controller for those but now with basic consoles this is rather dumb and gimmicky which does nothing but stray hard gameplayers.

I'm personally a PC gamer and leave the consoles behind so I am quite happy this idiotic console behavor skips my system. I do hope that next years e3 coverage will base itself on various rants discussing how all of this technology of the last few years turned out to be a bad idea that people gave up on but then again, I have lost all faith in intelligent thinking.

Why didn't you make fun of that stupid opinionated whore?

Nathaniel Formtwister:

MattKirby:
I've never been mad at Zero Punctuation ever, but god damnit, I'm half way through "A Tale of Two Cities" and I loved it and now it's just lost a bit of it's allure. Thanks alot you dickhead.

You sir, are quite incredible. That's a compliment, by the way. Kinda.

Thank you, I'm glad to see someone appreciative of literature, I was expecting a rather harsh recoil from everyone over that. If Dickens wasn't such a great writer I'd be tempted to drop the book now, however, his merit is the primary driving force behind the book as opposed to his plot.

wow that was horrible, really freken bad. I watch Zero punctuation for a fun and clever ways to use the english language for funny ways to poke fun at games. it just wasn't their, in fact I've read this on every gaming form.

this mainstream movement needs to and will happen, it's going to bring in a lot of income for the industry. Nothing you bitch about will make Microsoft give up the possibilities of making billions, and bring in new gamers that bath. If we wont gaming to be taken seriously as an art form it needs to expand, making the people who are the enemies of gaming shut there gobs.

so fare I have yet to hear any games journalist express any case of alarm, and they have a lot of insight on the direction this is going.

lastly this is E3 people, it's for investors, journalist, and industry leaders it's not open to the public, there goals are not to show off to us wait for Pax or something before you freak.

PS I'm not attacking Yahtzee, I do have a respect for that man, but he can do better then this.

The best ZP yet, with perfect analogies and satire.

You forgot to mention Kirby and Kid Icarus.

Also, the guy that was responsible for Dead or Alive and "jiggle physics" left Team Ninja a while ago, so don't get your hopes up about Samus.

What in the heck was the point of the song at the end anyway? Very confused.

Gaming is about precision and gamepaly if thats not focused on all you have left is underdeveloped disposable media...

To everyone complaining that he didn't say anything about Portal 2... did you WANT him to rip it to shreds? Because that's what he does on his E3 videos. I don't think he's ever said anything positive about a game that isn't even out yet, because he's not an optimist.

"Consider myself a praiser-by-exception in that anything I don't mention is perfectly fine." All we know from the lack of mention is that he hasn't already written it off, but obviously he's not going to get his hopes up because that's not how he rolls.

I think that should have been the first time Rebeccas' song was aired...

Marter:

I disagree with the 3DS being a gimmick. I think it'll be quite impressive, not just because of the 3D, but because it seems to be quite powerful for a hand-held device.

Power is no longer a new thing and hasnt been since PSP came out.
And PSP2 will undoubtedly be even more powerful.
I dont see how you can get excited at 3DS's power. It's GPU is only 2 years younger than PSPs!

And I'm sure Sony isn't stupid enough to let 3DS be the only 3D handheld

Would somebody like to educate me as to why Rebecca Muse has something against Yahtzee? Cuz yea, I watched the song and found myself a tad perplexed. Or am I just missing some weird joke?

V Gray:
wow that was horrible, really freken bad. I watch Zero punctuation for a fun and clever ways to use the english language for funny ways to poke fun at games. it just wasn't their

*there

V Gray:

this mainstream movement needs to and will happen

No it doesnt NEED to happen. It NEEDS to go away

And just cause you disagree with him doesnt mean you should insult him

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password: