Escapist News Network: Snobcon 2010

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Wasn't the psycho Innovatrix the Japanese game translator? In any case, a very attractive woman, though I'm not sure if it's despite the crazy eyes or because of them.

Other than that, a great episode. I just hope .... gets a PC release. LIVE is really screwing us over as far as Indie games on the PC go.

Also, why do so many people hate Nickelback, and with such gusto?

"Oh snap is that today?"

can we expect the Tat-Sleeves to appear in a LRR video soon aswell?

I can't wait to play ................. on the XBox Live Arcade, though personally I think it'll be what the members have to say.

Also I like Nickleback. It's the way I was born and I can't change that. I made the desicion to be true to myself and I only hope some people can just accept that.

creeeepy "expo" report...

stinkychops:
I always hated the way its so acceptable to talk about mutilating someone as long as its a woman saying 'cut off your dick'. What about cutting off a womens breasts? Seems a lot sicker doesn't it? Even though it would be far less damaging to their lives assuming they didn't die, and it holds as much leverage against womens chauvinism. Seeing as it removes their motherliness and their main sorta sexual prompter.

Am I rambling or does someone agree?

I tend to agree, I think the castration of men by women has become an accepted punchline, and treated with a lot less weight than it should be. Cases where such things have really happened have turned the women involved into folk heroes of feminism, even if they were prosecuted legally.

-

Female genital mutilation is a bit of a topic right now, albiet one that doesn't get brought up as much as it should due to it's connection to Islam and the fact that we really failed in liberating women in The Middle East after making a bit of a big deal about it.

Just as I feel "the cutting of the rose" is wrong, I feel castration is wrong, and neither can be justified as some kind of "justified cultural payback" or whatever. If someone used something like this as a "punchline" in a joke, it would probably cause an outcry.

-

Still, the image of a Robie The Robot attached to a pair of scissors and a game console will now haunt me for all of eternity... thanks ENN. :/

Jandau:
Wasn't the psycho Innovatrix the Japanese game translator? In any case, a very attractive woman, though I'm not sure if it's despite the crazy eyes or because of them.

Other than that, a great episode. I just hope .... gets a PC release. LIVE is really screwing us over as far as Indie games on the PC go.

My crack about curing Nickelback addiction aside, I'm not entirely sure on the hate either. I've hardly heard much by them to be honest, and it just seemed fairly bland and average. Nothing to like, nothing to hate, just a band. Of course that might be the point.

Wow, I don't think there's anything more that can be said of that episode that hasn't been said. Even "Funniest... episode... EVER!" has been taken.

Here's something to lighten the mood and draw attention from nickleback's temporary nickle poisoning.

Lousy beatnick snobs. They make children cry and that's unacceptable.

Therumancer:

Jandau:

My crack about curing Nickelback addiction aside, I'm not entirely sure on the hate either. I've hardly heard much by them to be honest, and it just seemed fairly bland and average. Nothing to like, nothing to hate, just a band. Of course that might be the point.

Well, they are somewhat bland and barely a bit above average, but they still manage to pull a few decent songs and are nice to listen to when you don't want something relaxing and not overly engaging. I suppose to many people they represent "mainstream" and we all know how people on the internet like to pretend they are "different"... ;p

Greatest ending ever

So, is there a release date for ______ yet?

haha, poor Jeremy

Better luck next time

lol nickleback
ENN is sooo mainstream

Damn, you guys got kicked off the front page, that's gotta sting.

I can't say I approve of the Nickleback lifestyle either.

Decabo:

Yeah, I can't imagine more people watching ENN over "I Hit It With My Axe". MovieBob? I can see that, though.

OK first of all that ENN was unwatchable. I am not usually a bitter person but damn.
And tell me that those tats are fake.

I laughed audibly when the guy said "it does this" and waved his hand like a jedi. Also i agree, nickleback is gay

Loved the episode, especially the part about the serial killer game. I forget what her name is, but she was also great in the Sonic abuse episode.

Are those sleeves on Graham real? I had no idea.

Jandau:
Wasn't the psycho Innovatrix the Japanese game translator?

And the Sonic girl, I believe

I've got to know these stories they do are they real (like the indie game one)

ForgottenPr0digy:
LOL at Graham playing the Nickleback rockband...................and he likes going to Gay bars and making out with other men

not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hahaha... Nickel-BURN!

...okay, I'll stop...

Great ENN.
I just have to ask one thing. What's the meaning of Graham's hand tattoos? Other than making him look more rockband/gaybar like persona :).

aw...why the hate for Nickelback?

actually...it's ironic enough for me to listen to them at all considering they're a Canadian band :s

"Is it interactive?"
"Well, you're interacting with it right now."
My mind has been blown.

Decabo:

Just for this week, cause apparently MovieBob got into a preview of Twilight.

goggzilla:
Are those sleeves on Graham real? I had no idea.

Nope! They're convincing though, aren't they?

MadeinHell:
Great ENN.
I just have to ask one thing. What's the meaning of Graham's hand tattoos? Other than making him look more rockband/gaybar like persona :).

It's a specially designed shirt that has flesh colored sleeves with tattoo designs on them to give the illusion that the wearer has tattoos.

Only douchebags wear those kind of shirts... Those douchebags also listen to Nickelback... The joke is he's poking fun at people who listen to Nickelback by dressing like a douchebag. Get it?

Haha, brilliant as usual. It just bugs me that so many people in the comments think that "Artsy" means snobbish. Sure, there are people like that, but look at World of Goo if Braid is to snobbish for you. And if that's somehow still too snobbish, look at Super Meat Boy, which features a fetus in a jar wearing a tux. Sure, some people think themselves above mainstream, but don't mix those people up with people who just want to express themselves. Indie developers are far more original than mainstream developers a lot of (if not all of) the time, and it's no use scoffing at people we can't understand. That said, this episode was HYSTERICAL. Stay awesome, guys.

Was that girl who was in the sonic video from a while back in that? I thought I recognised her...

It kind of bugs me, this episode just doesn't sit with me, it's got no news and it's more of a LRR sketch than an episode of ENN...But anyway, just a personal opinion

BlueInkAlchemist:
This may be the best yet. Escalating humor to a laugh-out-loud ending.

ENN is good. In fact it's great. However, I doubt it can beat this week's LRR sketch. Kathleen with a sword. End of story.

Graham was hilarious in this one.

That indie press conference was...interesting, to say the least.

Holy shit, Misty really does steal the show with her little bit. Is it safe to assume this is more sketch like because of the near drought of news after E3? And I never thought that sleeve tattoo sleeves (sense much?) could look that realistic, well done.

dragontiers:
-snip-

It's just someone who looks like him, can't remember his name though he has showed up once or twice during DesertBus and caused mass confusion.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here