Critical Miss: #14

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

A Pious Cultist:

JUMBO PALACE:
Luckily my girlfriend is hot AND loves games. Yay for me?

Indeed. :(

Very much indeed, we should make a group and laugh at the mortals without a significant other that's not hot and a gamer.

HK_01:

For.I.Am.Mad:
Ain't it the truth. He's right though, Yoshi's not a dragon. I still remember in elementary school when this girl called a koopa a turtle. GAAGHHHH, it's so obviously not a turtle.

How's a Koopa not a turtle?

And Yoshi is obviously a...thing.

Cuz, like, they're in another dimension or something, OK? It's not fugging turtle, dammit.

I think it's quite obvious that Yoshi is a horse. A green horse with tongue gigantism.

For.I.Am.Mad:
Ain't it the truth. He's right though, Yoshi's not a dragon. I still remember in elementary school when this girl called a koopa a turtle. GAAGHHHH, it's so obviously not a turtle.

YES IT IS [ Troll ]

Either way, this was a comic totally dedicated to a raging gamer over the ignorance with 'non-gamers', so I think.

I thought the Line was "That's no dinosaur, that's a genius!"

Straying Bullet:

YES IT IS [ Troll ]

Either way, this was a comic totally dedicated to a raging gamer over the ignorance with 'non-gamers', so I think.

Actually it has a little bit to do with me killing him inadvertently several times by waving the wiimote around like a person who's just caught fire. Whether I do this to spite him purposely or not is a secret. I just like to collect everything. :)

felixader:
I think the real problem here lies with the gamer.
And why does this "at work"-ark suddenly stop? X-P

And where is the critical miss?
Isn't that comic named that way cause of her?

Yeah, I was kinda wondering about this. Focusing on side characters is cool in a good comic, but this one kinda jumped from a slowly building arc to a totally ancillary anecdote with people as of yet unknown. Since no names are used or anything, I'm guessing these characters are throwaways that won't be around later either, though it's possible.

On the plus side, it's still a good strip and I love the goomba with the bite out of it. What IS that thing anyway? a walking mushroom? who can say?

So that explains why I've been recently seeing men over the age of twenty-five sleeping on park benches. Goddamn you nintendo, and fuck you Mario.

LMAO, this is my new favorite installment. Hilarious!

I'm seriously glad you guys ditched the four panels and went with this. You seem so much more at ease with this pacing.

For.I.Am.Mad:

Well of course it's not, it's a tortoise.

You illustrate as if from experience.

I suggest starting with Portal :D

Galad:
For an apparently brief period of time between me visiting it and me logging on it, the escapist home page mentioned Critical Miss #15, and something about

, what's up with that, is #15 ready already per chance?

Yeah we're actually prepared about 4-5 strips in advance and presumably whoever uploads them has the page names and whatnot done in advance. Sucks to be them though because we're running a different strip next tuesday. Mwahahaha.

Hahaha.
Etc

I'm repulsed to say the first 4 frames of this strip are based pretty much word for word on a real life event. My girlfriend, Bevvie there, is technically a gamer, but years of nothing but fucking awful JRPGs have withered her nervous system away to nothing leaving her with timing, improvosational skills and timing roughly on par with that of a dead badger. What she lacks in skill, however, she makes up for in raw enthusiasm, flailing that wii-mote around like she's fucking Gandalf fending off a horny balrog and barking out orders from her command couch.

What this means for me is that, as well as fending off bullets, koopahs, goombahs and evil dopplegangers I also have to make perilious precision jumps while the screen is literally full of sparkly starite shit.

It makes playing the game somewhat like this.

Her reactions to my rage? A pointed look and "I am helping]". No, my love, no you are not.

Grey Carter:
Critical Miss #14

Grow closer with your loved one by playing Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Read Full Article

I liked the end result of the comic, but it just felt like it was too long, you probably could of made it only 5 panels long and kept the main point you were trying to make.

...I always thought Yoshi was a dragon.

yea the two newest mario games on wii help break up anything from families to friends.

Ok, everyone's wrong, Yoshi is clearly an orangutan.

I'm still not sure what it is but I like this comic. Good work Dr and fellows.

I admit that I had to laugh at this one. For the first time. I like this longer strip format more than the four panel structure which gets overused. Lets the jokes come out at their own pace, instead of being shoe horned into a tight structure.

That's why you only play RTS's with your girl/boyfriend, a lot less interaction with each other.

Renwold:

[guys_its_ok]:

For.I.Am.Mad:

wait they aren't? i mean like, i know they're not exactly turtles but like they're like......turtle......thingies........right?

Yeah. They're definitely turtles.

Signed, dated, passed into law. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kappa_(folklore)

maninahat:
I admit that I had to laugh at this one. For the first time.

As opposed to laughing at this strip for the second or third time? If I knew you were a time lord I'd have paid more attention to your opinions.

i like to think yoshi is its own species, and not a dragon or frog or orangutan or magikarp or whatever, and koopas are cartoony turtle thingies.

now what the hell are goombas?

hahahaha "get the dragon". brilliant!

The Random One:
Yet another relationship destroyed... by GAMING. How much longer will we allow that insidious evil to crawl into our lives?

Yeah, I mean, those relationships are ruining everything. How am I supposed to play ARMA 2 if everybody keeps pushing me to get a girlfriend?

RAKtheUndead:

The Random One:
Yet another relationship destroyed... by GAMING. How much longer will we allow that insidious evil to crawl into our lives?

Yeah, I mean, those relationships are ruining everything. How am I supposed to play ARMA 2 if everybody keeps pushing me to get a girlfriend?

How are you supposed to play Arma 2 without it crashing/glitchong out anyway?

Yoshi, from Dinosaur island.

Depicted on DRAGON COINS in Super Mario World. Described as both a Dragon and a Dinosaur by both. Yoshi's final smash in SSBB is "Super Dragon".

http://themushroomkingdom.net/smw_j-e.shtml

I can read some Japanese: the signature, where Yoshi's name is the Western release, says "SUPAA DURAGON YOSHI". Super Dragon Yoshi.

In conclusion:

Yoshi is a stupid horse.

This is very reminiscent of a different, earlier comic...

The setup reminds me of this comic
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

And their fingers on the triggers, but the triggers seem locked!
I'm really starting to like critical miss. The last few comics have just been great

Reminds me of going for Annual with some friends. When you beat it, it's probably the best feeling in the world, but before that...

"Dude, stop fucking dying! You suck at this game."
"You hit me you bitch!"
"Don't boost around corners dumbass!"

did yoshi take a bite out of that goomba?

looks like he is eating him o.O

Has any annoying platformer ever NOT sucked worse in co-op?

The fact that Yoshi is described as both a Dragon and a Dinosaur by the Japanese means nothing. They cannto tell the difference between a hyena and a dog, both of which are real and nOT AT ALL RELATED> Just Like Peter "Fat-shun" Jackson, they just look at a few cursory similarities. Hyenas are actually more closely related to cats than dogs. Yoshi is green, just like both Dinosaurs (?) and Dragons (?) and.. Frogs? Turtles? Peppers?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here