E3 2010: Front Mission Evolved

Front Mission Evolved

Front Mission has evolved from its tactical rpg roots to a 3rd person shooter.

Watch Video

Interesting. FUCK YOU, ASSHOLES. First X-com, now Front Mission? Can you please stop fucking with good franchises? The world doesn't need more shooters.

ark123:
Interesting. FUCK YOU, ASSHOLES. First X-com, now Front Mission? Can you please stop fucking with good franchises? The world doesn't need more shooters.

This. A thousand times this.

Thr Front Mission games have been great turn-based mech combat games since the beginning. No one needs another shooter! What's the matter, tactical gameplay not cool enough anymore?

I just hope the "evolved" title (in stead of a number) implies that it's just a spinoff, not a new direction for the main franchise.

Man, why couldn't SE make an MMO out of this instead of rebooting ffxi? I mean a decent mech mmo would be so awesome, and its unfair to change up the turn based formula for Front Mission when SE refused to release the acclaimed Front Mission 5 in U.S. just frustrating watching SE make these missteps.

ark123:

Im a huge FM fan...but, I dont think they arre "Fucking it up" really, they are just giving it a different angel, a face lift.

Im curious to see how it will work. Like the old Armoured Core games, or, will it be something in a league of its own?

Id like to give ti a chance at least

Wait, E3's still going on? How long is it, one month?

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Why must they completely butcher a good franchise?!

If they simply took Front Mission 4, added two extra levels, re-did the graphics and tried to sell it as a completely different game I'D STILL BUY IT. Because I LOVED THAT GAME

When I heard of this I was happy, because I thought I would be getting a new tactical game with giant, customizable robots, now I am filled with uncontrollable

RAGE

I will play this game. I know everyone else is having Fanboy Rage but i don't lol. So heres me saying looking forward to it SMILEY FACE!

Unlike the many fanboys, My concern isn't that this game isn't a topdown turn based grid strategy game.

My concern is that it looks slow and boring.

I'm a fan of the Front Mission series, and the reason why I won't play the game?

Because if I wanted to play an action-oriented mech game, there's Armored Core and the ungodly amount of copies made (K.A.I, and whatnot). So far, Front Mission Evolved looks like a sh***y rip-off of Armored Core, with them adding in Multiplayer (yawn) and Bullet Time (again, yawn) to try and say "HEy! HEY! Look at me! I'm unique! Yay!".

I've seen the gameplay, and I've seen the story. Gameplay = Armored Core. Story? Clueless engineer and friends get dragged into huge war from a bombing at the base? Front Mission 3. Whole Orbital Elevator? Ripped straight out of Gundam (and god knows what else).

For those who have never PAID or even bothered to look at any mecha game or cartoon or whatnot, sure this may seem interesting, but to someone who has had even a passing interest in the genre? It's uninspired, dull, and well, again sh***y (Couldn't think of a fancy word for how bad it was, sorry).

can we please just call this what it is?

a new IP.

I...

Just... What? No.

This is... Just no. Front Mission 3 was my CHILDHOOD. It was basically one of my first tactical RPG. I love the gameplay, I love the customization, and I especially love the STORY. (Especially the way that one simple choice changes everyone's entire life.)

I don't know what to think. I liked Armoured Core, but that's it. I like Armoured Core. I don't want Front Core XVI or something like that. I was Front Mission 5, the tactical turn-based game where you BLOW SHIT UP WITH YOUR MECHS.

I don't want this. If they just made a new IP and created a series of 3PS Mech games I'd be fine and dandy with that. But when I see Front Mission I want to know that I can shoot my enemy's arm off before blowing up whatever remains.

Setsuhen:
I...

Just... What? No.

This is... Just no. Front Mission 3 was my CHILDHOOD. It was basically one of my first tactical RPG. I love the gameplay, I love the customization, and I especially love the STORY. (Especially the way that one simple choice changes everyone's entire life.)

I don't know what to think. I liked Armoured Core, but that's it. I like Armoured Core. I don't want Front Core XVI or something like that. I was Front Mission 5, the tactical turn-based game where you BLOW SHIT UP WITH YOUR MECHS.

I don't want this. If they just made a new IP and created a series of 3PS Mech games I'd be fine and dandy with that. But when I see Front Mission I want to know that I can shoot my enemy's arm off before blowing up whatever remains.

Sadly, there already is a Front Mission 5 for the PS2, its Japan-only though, however I do remember a few determined folks who were supposedly, probably, might be working diligently upon translating it.

DJmagma:
can we please just call this what it is?

a new IP.

Nope, new ideas are too scary.

cursedseishi:

Setsuhen:
I...

Just... What? No.

Sadly, there already is a Front Mission 5 for the PS2, its Japan-only though, however I do remember a few determined folks who were supposedly, probably, might be working diligently upon translating it.

Yeah, I actually heard about it years ago. Which is why I'm even more disappointed in this game. Front Mission Evolved should the English version of Front Mission 5. NOT ARMOURED CORE.

ark123:

at least it still has something in common with the original unlike xcom but dammit, I wanted my turn based tactical shooter not another fucken 3rd person shooter

No, SquareEnix, Bad Square Enix

Give Front Mission to the FFT guys and get them to make it.

This is just wrong

This isn't the first time Front Mission has gone into a different Genre. Just the first time in the States.

Personally, I thought Front Mission: Gun Hazard was an enjoyable game.

It doesn't make much sense to me. There's a huge gap in the market for a Front Mission game. We really don't need another shooter, even if it is mech-based.

Sounds like they turned Front Mission into Armored Core. :/

Don't get me wrong, I like Armored Core, but I need my Turn-based tactical RPG fix!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here