LoadingReadyRun: Canada is Sorry

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

you do know Gram is Canadian right?
oh sory for Justen beber

Quite funny, though it could have cut off 2 mins or so of repetition!

I'm so sorry but I think I'm going to have to report you to the Canadian Senate Committee on Polite Governance and Apologizing for this skit.

I do most sincerely apoligise, but I must inform you that I did not find the "Canadians are not polite, just insecure" joke to be amusing in the slightest. I am truly sorry for any emotional damage this may cause you or anyone you know or have ever been aware of. If I may, I would like to humbly request an apology for this, if it's possible to do so without too much inconvenience. I would also like to apoligise for any distress my words may have caused in advance.

You're humble servant,

Lonan

Sorry for that escapists, just...sorry. we assure you Canada will become less apologetic for your enjoyment upon touring(please, come visit. we won't rob you.) Again, so very sorry.

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life:
Am I the only one who's sick of these lame-ass repetitive jokes? They even lifted a bit straight off of Jon Stewart.

Back in the War years, it was Japanese (but really any non-Middle Eastern or Indian looking person from Asia), Germans, and Italians who were "totally acceptable" targets, then it was the Russians and Chinese (again, really anybody from East of Burma), and now it's the Irish, Canadians, French, Americans (funny enough), and still East Asians.

This was not funny, nor has it been the 95 other times I've heard the exact same bits.
Learn some material that isn't old, unfunny, and offensive

Wow... I guess you really are insecure.

Get over yourself. Nations don't have any special protection from being made fun of. Every nation in the world has stereotypes associated with it, and it's funny when they are spoofed in a playful fashion.

I'm sure it's not just you though. Every country has a few people that think their nation is special and can't be joked about. They just annoy the rest of their countrymen who are trying to enjoy the joke. I'm American and I enjoy the jokes about various American stereotypes.

If you can't laugh about it, then the jokes on you.

justnotcricket:
Hey, our (New Zealand's) constant apologising stems from insecurity too! *And* we have that whole size issue ;-P How is that 'synthetic'? =D Loved that kiwi saying 'Bugger Off' though. Hilarious =)

Yessss! I drew those, and a dual citizen Canadian/Kiwi, I couldn't resist putting some NZ in the video!

I love the american sorry.
The aussie sorry is like "crikey mate, watch out!"

Canada doesn't have to be sorry, because they produced Scott Pilgrim, which absolves them of all sins.

Great as usual, guys.

gotta say, u kinda stole half of this from Catherine O'Haras monologue during the closing ceremonies of the 2010 olympics (Which canada owned by the way! Sorry that all you other countries suck at hockey!)

I am SORRY I lost just over 5 minutes of my life on this peace of American bull**** (I am not Canadian, I'm European)

its going to take more than just sorry to repair the damage justin beiber has done.

Caliban1972:

Every nation in the world has stereotypes associated with it, and it's funny when they are spoofed in a playful fashion.

What about Azerbaijan?

Graham, you forgot the most important thing that we are sorry for ...

... that other countries of the world can't also be Canada.

So, to the rest of the world, we are sorry that we are Canada and that you are not.

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life:
Well, you still could have come up with something less stereotypical. I may be abrasive about things like this, but it's only because I'm constantly exposed to it, as a Canadian with Irish heritage and a great number of Asian (as in from Pakistan to the Philippines) friends.

You are rather funny people, but relying on these old stereotypes is beneath you.

I suppose you thought the Olympics closing ceremonies were trite and pathetic too, didn't you?

Were you the one person in the audience not pissing themselves laughing?

I am sorry, but I must inform you that LRR is actually Canadian. I am also sorry that this has not been cleared up to you beforehand.

I... I never wanted to be a barber, anyway! I wanted to be... a lumberjack!

Monty Python references will never go out of style.

Being stranded in Finland?
...How great would that be. The only danger is that you´ll probably never return home again, because this place is just so goshdarn neat.

Well, I guess Canada is pretty cool too. Thanks for this, folks.

dex-dex:

those Russians are still up to no good? i knew it!
I don't believe that America had gotten a good turn on their investment.

You tell me.
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/06/28/us-russian-spies.html
At least in Canada you can counter such things with moose & squirrel.

But seriously, what was the point to this video and did it really need 5 minutes to make one?

Talvrae:
I'm a French Canadian from Québec... and well I'm really not sorry... trought you can keep Celie Dion and Justien Biel (what is name exactelly) I don' want them around

And true... USA have Alaska

french Canadians are not realy Canadians im sorry you had to hear what they think

Loved the video !

We gave you Celine Dion and more then made up for it with Loreena Mckennitt.
For those who have never heard Mckennitt's music, I feel sorry for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1AcESk7JBA&feature=related

gelgamath:

Talvrae:
I'm a French Canadian from Québec... and well I'm really not sorry... trought you can keep Celie Dion and Justien Biel (what is name exactelly) I don' want them around

french Canadians are not realy Canadians im sorry you had to hear what they think

We are not canadian?? Well that's new

Still Celine Dion come from Québec... And i insist my friends of the USA keep her at vegas

gelgamath:

Talvrae:

yeah well, we are not really sorry anyway, that's more a rest of canada thing. we lived with catholic guilt for more than 400 years, so we are used to it, it doesnt affect us anymore...

i guess it doesnt make us canadian then...

Caliban1972:

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life:
Am I the only one who's sick of these lame-ass repetitive jokes? They even lifted a bit straight off of Jon Stewart.

Back in the War years, it was Japanese (but really any non-Middle Eastern or Indian looking person from Asia), Germans, and Italians who were "totally acceptable" targets, then it was the Russians and Chinese (again, really anybody from East of Burma), and now it's the Irish, Canadians, French, Americans (funny enough), and still East Asians.

This was not funny, nor has it been the 95 other times I've heard the exact same bits.

Get over yourself. Nations don't have any special protection from being made fun of. Every nation in the world has stereotypes associated with it, and it's funny when they are spoofed in a playful fashion.

I'm sure it's not just you though. Every country has a few people that think their nation is special and can't be joked about. They just annoy the rest of their countrymen who are trying to enjoy the joke. I'm American and I enjoy the jokes about various American stereotypes.

If you can't be bothered to read previous comments, it's not my fault.

My problem is with the fact that these "jokes" are terribly old, over-used, and have a negative impact on peoples' perception of Canada. And it's not the same for Americans, anyways. You have a home-grown sense of patriotism and nationalism that does not exist in Canada, so a great deal of Canadians are content to allow these things to continue. And they do continue. And continue. And continue! The only time I ever hear "Canada" nowadays is in reference to one of these stereotypes. There's nothing else in the international psyche with regards to Canada, just like the rather common conceptions about Ireland and Japan.

Jokes are fine, if they're balanced by a level of respect, which is lacking in most people who openly mock any nation. As an American, you don't have the same perspective. In fact, many Canadians don't either because they're totally absorbed into American media. It would be like White People viewing Black People as insecure for not liking the "Chicken & Watermelon" stereotype being thrown around.

pheipl:
I am SORRY I lost just over 5 minutes of my life on this peace of American bull**** (I am not Canadian, I'm European)

Okay... again: We. Are. Canadian.
We are mocking ourselves.

gelgamath:

Talvrae:

If french canadians are not canadians, what about the Montreal canadians? (The hockey team)

Serious note* Come on man, you don't need to insult me like that!

Incredible Bullshitting Man:
Being stranded in Finland?
...How great would that be. The only danger is that you´ll probably never return home again, because this place is just so goshdarn neat.

Well, I guess Canada is pretty cool too. Thanks for this, folks.

Great, now I will never go back to Canada... CURSE YOU IBM!!!!

GrahamS:

pheipl:

In retrospect, we probably should have mentioned both canada day, specifically, and maybe done something like a "being canadaian, and therefore experts on the subject, LRR presents:" at the beginning :|

-m

Matt_LRR:

GrahamS:

pheipl:

In retrospect, we probably should have mentioned both canada day, specifically, and maybe done something like a "being canadaian, and therefore experts on the subject, LRR presents:" at the beginning :|

-m

I don't blame you for not doing so, though - personally, I already knew that LRR are Canadian, and had thought it was relatively common knowledge. Regardless, I enjoyed it very much as a gentle and clearly affectionate satire.

Also, as a New Zealander, I love the Kiwi reference. :)

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life:

Caliban1972:

KAPTAINmORGANnWo4life:

If you can't be bothered to read previous comments, it's not my fault.

Stop making assumptions. I read every previous comment before I made my post.

My problem is with the fact that these "jokes" are terribly old, over-used, and have a negative impact on peoples' perception of Canada.

You are just repeating your original post, which I quoted. Simply acting self righteous repeating yourself doesn't make it true.

You seriously think people are going to base their opinions of your country on a very obvious joke video posted by a known sketch comedy group? Seriously?

Are you really that insecure? I thought that was just a joke from the video, but maybe people like you are what inspired it.

And it's not the same for Americans, anyways. You have a home-grown sense of patriotism and nationalism that does not exist in Canada, so a great deal of Canadians are content to allow these things to continue. And they do continue. And continue. And continue! The only time I ever hear "Canada" nowadays is in reference to one of these stereotypes. There's nothing else in the international psyche with regards to Canada, just like the rather common conceptions about Ireland and Japan.

Cry more please. There's plenty of Canadians who are proud of their country and its history. Not you, of course, since you keep whining about how lame your countrymen are. But you know, others. Like the ones who were secure enough to make a tongue in cheek parody video about some of the stereotypes and share it with us.

I grew up in a trailer park in Texas. I've lived with "White Trash" and "Redneck" stereotypes all my life. Primarily by my fellow countrymen. So my sense of "Patriotism and Nationalism" doesn't really help much. Another assumption on your part that only shows how narrow-minded you are being.

What helps is my own sense of humor. I can laugh at the jokes because I know they don't really apply to me personally. They apply to the vague abstract "white trash" and "rednecks" that live in a mythical trailer park in a mythical version of US.

Jokes are fine, if they're balanced by a level of respect, which is lacking in most people who openly mock any nation. As an American, you don't have the same perspective. In fact, many Canadians don't either because they're totally absorbed into American media. It would be like White People viewing Black People as insecure for not liking the "Chicken & Watermelon" stereotype being thrown around.

You're right, only you can comprehend the grave injustice that has been done to Canada by this video. You are the true Maple Leafed Crusader for the Canadian Way.

Which is why you are whining about it on a message board on a gaming site. That will get the word out! Way to represent.

You have successfully broken the stereotype of Canadians a polite and somewhat apologetic. You have proven yourself to be just as crass and self involved as any American.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go cash my welfare check, drive my pickup truck back to my trailer house, then clean my rifle, get drunk on budweiser beer, and make out with my sister.

Fantastic. Sorry I couldn't watch it sooner, or faster. Time is stupidly moving at one second per second with a standard deviation of .007 seconds per second.

Woem:

Samsont:
Hey! I'm canadian and this is offensive! america is the one with alaska! This is extremely offensive to canadians!!! So lay of canadians!

LRR is most likely very sorry for this mistake :( One without a Canadian copyright though.

That is called a Brooklyn sorry.

pheipl:

Actually lrr are not Americans
Though they live in North America
Which is part of the Americas
Which should make them Americans

Geographically Canadians,
Are certainly Americans
As are Venezuelans,
But not Hawaiians

Of course a word that covers two continents worth of inhabitants
is pretty much useless
unless you often find yourself getting Buenos Aires and British Columbia mixed up.

Wait, that doesn't scan or rhyme. I'm terrible with lyrics.

GrahamS:

sennith_402:
Lost a little bit of respect for LRD but hey if there going to try to take a shot at the greatest country in the world let em thats the best thing about canada we dont care because we have a great sence of humor and good old timmies, nothing way better than that starbucks crap and where are the doughnuts in that place all I could find is low fat cookies and loaf cakes?? eh!!

We're all Canadian too, you know.
We're only making fun of our own :)

Ya Im sorry, I know we are all from the same place, and thats why we have such a great sence of humor is because we can make fun of our selves, and I cant belive how great the stuff LRD puts out, keep it up!

Lady Kathleen:

justnotcricket:
Hey, our (New Zealand's) constant apologising stems from insecurity too! *And* we have that whole size issue ;-P How is that 'synthetic'? =D Loved that kiwi saying 'Bugger Off' though. Hilarious =)

Yessss! I drew those, and a dual citizen Canadian/Kiwi, I couldn't resist putting some NZ in the video!

Awesome =) High fives from Tomorrowland! Perhaps you're destined to be the Prophet who will bring knowledge of the True Sorry to our humble nation ;-)

Matt_LRR:

GrahamS:

pheipl:

-m

meh you know that nothing you do can be appreciated by 100% of the people who sees it. I think most people who saw that think it was funny.

you cant be appriciated by everyone, that also a thing canadian try to do too often :D

If only more we were more like that. Takes away a bunch of assholes!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here