261: Loaded and Ready to Run

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Loaded and Ready to Run

LoadingReadyRun has been creating comedy since before this console generation began and YouTube was a twinkle in anyone's eye. Nick Halme travelled to Victoria, British Columbia to visit with Graham, Paul and the rest of the gang to find out just what makes the LRR comedy factory work.

Read Full Article

Ohh...I'm so jealous of you right now.

They do good work, I discovered them shortly before Unskippable, maybe 2-3 months, through the "Halo: Future of Gaming" video. Soon after, I'd gone through most of the epically long archive of videos. If it's that long to watch, I can only imagine the effort put forth in making all of them.

Thats so epic. Would love to meet the LRR guys!

Love they do, and, I am so glad they came to the escapist so I could discover the comedy genius with is LRR.

Ive made a point to go through alot of the back catalogue of vids they have done, and, I have always being throughly impressed with the humour...and, the way alot harks back to old british comedy, some to american, and what not.

Great collections, and, LRR, comedy for everyone

Lucky...

The LRR crew seems like a group of pretty awesome people.

Good article, and interesting even to someone who already knows quite a lot about LRR.

I would like to reiterate something about LRR's history which was touched on in the article and which has had a positive influence on my life: it's surprising how much talent and creativity everyone has, and how much interest other people will take in it, if they just go ahead and do it. If you have a creative idea of any kind you should make it happen - without worrying about whether it's good enough or whether it's worth the effort - and keep on doing it as much as possible, because that's the way to get good enough to make it worth the effort.

The LRR crew are a bunch of ordinary guys who started out small, but kept on actually making videos on a weekly basis, constantly improving as a result of the experience it gave them. This has been very inspirational to me in my own creative projects; as a result of LRR's positive example, despite my incorrigible laziness, I have now made progress writing scripts for a hitherto nebulous webcomic idea and I am myself part of a sketch comedy group, as well as dabbling in a whole load of lesser projects.

I first knew LRR moments (ok, a few weeks) before they started Unskippable here, and I gotta say it really feels like these people are the kind of friends any gamer would want. When I listen to their podcasts, feels like I'm in the conversation. It's really fun!

Props to LRR. You're awesome! =D

Nick Halme:
Loaded and Ready to Run

LoadingReadyRun has been creating comedy since before this console generation began and YouTube was a twinkle in anyone's eye. Nick Halme travelled to Victoria, British Columbia to visit with Graham, Paul and the rest of the gang to find out just what makes the LRR comedy factory work.

Read Full Article

Very good article, but on the note of ranking the hats like that, which hat was at the end of silliness? :D

therandombear:

Nick Halme:
Loaded and Ready to Run

Read Full Article

Very good article, but on the note of ranking the hats like that, which hat was at the end of silliness? :D

Unless they have a pope hat, I'm banking on the fuzzy green pimp-Seuss.

It's really neat to hear about LRR from someone outside the group to confirm what I already believed: They're awesome. I had heard the LRR name being throw around for a while and might have seen a few of their videos, but I really discovered them during Desert Bus for Hope '08. Desert Bus was the perfect way to be introduced to their sense of humor and how caring and nice they are as well. I've recently started going through all their content on the site, and I mean everything including the normal LRR videos to Commodore Hustle to the Iron Stomach Champions. They even have Inside the Moon, a live broadcast on Fridays, so it's a wonder any of them have time to sleep at all. These guys are my heros and have inspired me to take the first steps toward my own little project with my friend and I can't wait to talk to them again at Desert Bus 2010.

See, Graham's previous job is dangerous for someone with a comedic bent. I could just see him calling the guy up "Hi, this is Crook of Crooks and Assholes. I just recieved your payment and there is a slight discrepancy. See, my lunch break costs $13 more than you thought it did. If you could send the ballance over that would be wonderful, thanks."

It just seems like the first thing that would run through my head.

I remember seeing their videos for the first time the first one was buttstallation and i was laughing so hard and just had to watch one more then it turned into being up at three in the morning having to go to school at eight. They are my favourite group of people online and have tried to get friends to watch but they are knobs and said yeah i will and never do.
I am shocked that they have not been driven insane from all the work Graham and Paul have done specifically (or is it disguised very well it is hard to tell).

I was cautious when clicking the article as I did not know what to expect, but when it loaded as an article all about LRR, I was estatic. I love these guys, they are so funny.

Thank you for the insightful article.

I throughly enjoy watching LRR videos, and I throughly enjoyed read this article.

This is just a small thing but you said that Graham and Paul won the 2009 Film Festival but I'm certain that the festival they won was in 2008.

I think Kathleen's comment there at the end is exactly why I like LRR so much. Everyone in any of their videos is exactly the type of person I'd love to sit down, hang out with, and maybe grab a beer. I can't think of any better way to explain it than they're my kind of people. It's great, especially after spending an awkward week with family for a wedding, to come home and watch their skits. It makes me feel like I just spent some quality time with close friends. Maybe that's kind of weird, but I like it.

"Snoopy-blanket-furnished" is now my new favorite adjective.

You're so lucky. I love LRR so much; they all seem like really cool, down-to-earth people. It would be really cool to hang out with them.

I've always wanted to meet the LRR guys, all of them seem so damn awesome. You're a lucky one.

I always thought that there had to be some effort in making a new video for LRR, but not that much. And the only thing other than LRR that Paul is doing is sleeping?
It seems like he sleeps a while when he first sleeps though.

I so want to go to Canada to meet those people!

I hope I get to meet the crew someday, that's really something I'd look forward to...

Great article Nick.

Lucky you, you got to meet the LRR crew!

LRR is the only real reason I have for wanting to go to Canada, they seem awesome as hell and I'd really enjoy meeting them. I've talked to a couple of the crew through e-mails and during some of the live events on the chat and they seem to be really nice people and the LRRcasts almost make me feel like a mute member of the crew for 45 minutes.

LRR is without a doubt the best thing that ever came from my discovering The Escapist. After watching Unskippable and joining in last year's Desert Bus for Hope, I went through their entire archive in several days of endless watching.

Now LoadingReadyRun is my browser homepage, so they're the first thing I get to check every day. I've yet to have a bad day that watching an LRR video couldn't make better.

LRR for life! You guys are the greatest.

LRR is such a original, brilliant series it's suprising The Escapist didn't sign them up sooner.

I found LRR during Desert Bus '08 after reading some article about it. One of the best things I've ever stumbled upon. It takes pride on my small, prestigious favorites bar.

Kyogissun:
I hope I get to meet the crew someday, that's really something I'd look forward to...

Great article Nick.

My sentiment exactly.
LRR is what brought me to the escapist and I find it amazing how welcoming both groups are, a reinforced idea after this article and the 5th anniversary video.

My first thought: Lucky

I'll be honest... while I had heard of Desert Bus through the various game news blogs I follow, I never really watched any LRR videos for the longest time. Hell, I didn't watch Unskippable until that whole Zero Punctuation crossover they did (I never actually visited the Escapist site itself, I just had made a Live Bookmark of ZP). One archive binge through Unskippable later, and I was hooked. And I'll admit I never made it a religious habit of watching the main LRR videos until they came to the Escapist (I had watched a few, Joystique is the first one that comes to mind), but I'll easily call myself a fan of them now.

I have been following and Watching LRR since "Who Watches Movies" waaay back in season 1. They've been at the top of my bookmarks ever since. I've done artwork for a couple vids and hope to help more in the future. Keep it up guys, you're the only community I've been a part of for any length of time and I plan on being a part of it till it implodes.

MowDownJoe:
Joystique

Rad. That's my one solo writing credit on a video. I'll be over here secretly pleased that at least one person knows it.

-m

LRR is the only reason I make it through my job. 8 hours in a factory on midnights working for just slightly above minimum wage doing work that no sane person would do for such a low price. My friend who works in the factory we ship to makes twice as much as I do, but he doesn't get to listen to LRRCasts. It's those little hour long nuggets or so of awesome that get me through my eight hours of nightly hell. Today I lost my laptop that had all those LRRcasts and it really struck me how much you guys influence my life. I need the sultry sounds of your voices in a day, otherwise I just feel odd. I will be moving to B.C in the coming years in order to get a teaching job (as Ontario has a teacher surplus, anywhere else is better) and I really hope to make it out to see you guys. I've been watching since Time is Money, and I've seen all the videos in the archive, and all the LRRcasts multiple times.

P.S: (In LRR fashion) FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!

Great article! I'm very jealous that you got to meet the LRR guys. I'm a newcommer to them, but they are really great. I see a grew future for all of them. I really hope it's together and they can remain friends and do what they do forever. They give me something to look forward to on Mondays, and has even inspired my friends and I to start doing more things on video...which is probably a bad idea but at least we have someone to blame :P. I have to admit that I'm not really much of a person to be a fanboy but I can say that I'm definitely turning into one on LRR. They are the only subscription I have on Youtube, and while that might seem trivial for most people, it really means something for me, as I never planned to sub anyone. These guys are great and I hope they can do what they do forever.

LRR are some of my favorites among the current generation of comedians. I think part of the reason I have such a soft spot for them is that they don't fall into the trap of seeming too cynical or vitriolic. They really seem to enjoy what they do and it shows in their work. I hope their comedy continues to become more of a serious job without ever feeling too serious or job-like.

So here's to your continued success and happiness lrr crew, may the one never interfere with the other.

it's nice to see the full 3 page article on you guys! your moving up. slowly perhaps. but still going. :)

LRR are a great group of people and I do love their video's, so it's nice to know they're slowly working their way up the ladder in this big internet game.

Great article.

Congratulations guys. It's been a long time coming, but you're finally gaining the popularity and exposure you deserve.

I wonder which of these LRR guys are Farkers.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here