The Escapist Presents: Tour the Fortress

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Tour the Fortress

The Escapist turns five this week! Join us for a look at our office.

Watch Video

Nice to see some of the people who dont often get a chance to star in videos!

From this I can decide we need to see more of:
Kross(KING OF THE WIGGLES/ULTRA COOL!)
Virgil(Generally awesome)
Kuliani(Good taste in facial hair)
Funk(Notable Facial hair includes:A set of Wolverine-esque Sideburns!)

Admittedly, the latter star in plenty of videos but I still feel deprived!

EDIT: Also Slycne(He is tres good!)

PS Where is Logan?

I feel Good Ol'Blighty has been rather under-represented!

Such a happy office, man, I wish I could work there. Who knows? Maybe you'll become big enough and make a UK office! :D Here's to another 5 years!

Calumon: And here's to 10 more years after that!

Best. office. ever. Also, whats with the Nerf obsession?

Gabanuka:
Best. office. ever. Also, whats with the Nerf obsession?

Every office should have Nerf arsenals.

That place is a veritable foam armoury, amazed theres not been an invasion looking for weapons of mass distraction.

I officially know where I want to work.

Was it just me, or did the "Community" section of the office give off a serious vibe of awesome?

Happy birthday Escapist. :)

Mildly cool stuff. Interesting watch for definite. I liked the guys in the dark room. Do you ever let them out?

...Wait a second Jason clouse... Slycne.... Wicked I RP with that dude! Nice offices guys!

It was really interesting to see what happens inside the Escapist office.
:)

Mr.Wiggles:

PS Where is Logan?

And where is Jordan Deam? Did he get fired/ did he quit?!
I want to knowww.... He was one of the fist voices I heard of the Escapist Staff :(

EndOfDaWorld:

Mr.Wiggles:

PS Where is Logan?

And where is Jordan Deam? Did he get fired/ did he quit?!
I want to knowww.... He was one of the fist voices I heard of the Escapist Staff :(

Logan still works there for sure, he just reported on that Japanese movie trailer!

Not sure about Jordan

Jordan moved on to other opportunities and Logan is back in the UK, where he lives.

That place is awesome, only you missed one thing: The Break Room. Every office should have a break room!

(Although, I'm still in high school, so I can't really say that every office HAS one >.>)

Was that 2 staff members with handlebar mustaches? I would have thought that would be illegal due to some kind of potential awesomesplosion. Or perhaps an awesimplosion. Be wary is all I am saying.

Grike:
That place is awesome, only you missed one thing: The Break Room. Every office should have a break room!

(Although, I'm still in high school, so I can't really say that every office HAS one >.>)

We don't have a break room. We do have a conference room that you didn't see called the Tree House, but no break room.

Hmm, has the intro sting been changed? Sounded a little different for me, even got a little double hah going on.

Your offices are -awesome- :3

That was fun! Of course, the video could've been SO much more incredible if it was just John Funk. The whole time. Speaking words :3

(also, super-intern is cute - how do you even get an internship at the Escapist?)

Grike:

Our office is actually in a building that has dozens of other offices, and we share the break room (and the receptionist, fax machine, bathrooms, etc) with the other people on our floor. So it's not very interesting.

We do have our own conference room though, and a room where we keep the tech workbench/supplies, our fridge, and the TV/consoles. It's kind of a mess though - we don't really hang out in there or anything.

So the shoe does exist! Looks like such an awesome office, and it's great to see how the people behind the Escapist really work. Mostly on bouncy balls, it seems.

Archon, that is the most awesome banhammer I have ever seen. Also, it looks quite fun to work there ^^

I believe Sylnce popped in a few times on the TF2 servers.

It was a fun time.

It would be nice if we got more staff members on to backstab play with.

The Austin:
I officially know where I want to work.

Was it just me, or did the "Community" section of the office give off a serious vibe of awesome?

I think the entire office had a serious vibe of awesome.

Was nice seeing some of the faces behind all those names :)

woot Navy Mega!!!!

I usually don't see offices so happy. Is it because Virgil punishes you all with the axe and hammer if you're not happy enough?

It'd be fun to work there. You guys need a 3D Animator? xP

Woo! I'm a Wombat Wrangler! I was suspiciously absent because I was at home, unconscious after a red-eye flight packed with about 20 screaming children. Woo air travel.

Alexander Macris:
This plant, which is the only living thing in my office.

I wonder if Alex was counting himself as something in his office when he said that.

Anyway, that's a pretty cool office you guys have there with some really nice people. And happy birthday, of course, Escapist.

Awesome office. So filled to the top with stuff. The new people have no 'wall of flair' yet - is one not allowed to just spam the wall full in his/hers first day in this strange ritual? Does one have to acculumate over time?

Also suprisingly many people work on this website. The two people in the ...dark room were kinda strange though :P

Man I wish wherever I'll work one day won't be a boring office :<

Looks like such a fun place to work! Question is, where was Jordan? ;o

You guys need to do more stuff like this! It's pretty interesting to see all the stuff that goes on at The Escapist HQ.

Adam West punching Cristian Bale. I lol'd.

My 10th grade history teacher had those exact foam weapons that your boss has. They were mostly used by the students to try to terrorize her (she wasn't phased).

I'd love to work in an office like the one at the Escapist.

Wow, so escapist staff are allowed to play WoW at work? damn, wish i could :(

Hahaha!
That was really cool!
Thanks for letting us see your workspace!

I now have a few ideas for decorating my office/workbench once i have one.
Im thinking Bleach Figures and propping my Monitor with Manga Artbooks.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here