The Escapist Presents: Tour the Fortress

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Zombie_Fish:

Alexander Macris:
This plant, which is the only living thing in my office.

I wonder if Alex was counting himself as something in his office when he said that.

Or Alex is really a lich.

What an awesome office. I would really love to have a work environment like that in my future job. Cool Nerf arsenal too *pew pew pew!*

The Austin:
I officially know where I want to work.

Was it just me, or did the "Community" section of the office give off a serious vibe of awesome?

The entire place gives off a serious vibe of awesome.

But, I have but one problem. I was watching the video, when it stopped 9 and a half minutes in! Gah! It just buffered and buffered and didn't go any further. Gonna have to refresh it.

Slycne:
Or Alex is really a lich.

I wouldn't at all be surprised to find out that Alex was undead. Would actually make a lot of sense, now that you've mentioned it.

To be safe, when did he get his Harvard Law School degree, exactly? Did he get it in the last 150 years?

Mr.Wiggles:
Nice to see some of the people who dont often get a chance to star in videos!

Indeed, sound guy had a face on him like "ITS MY TIME TO SHINE!"

Mr.Wiggles:

From this I can decide we need to see more of:
Kross(KING OF THE WIGGLES/ULTRA COOL!)
Virgil(Generally awesome)
Kuliani(Good taste in facial hair)
Funk(Notable Facial hair includes:A set of Wolverine-esque Sideburns!)

I think its a pre requisite to have awesome facial hair to work at the Escapist and be male, also, its probably a pre requisite to be hot if your female.

Susan Arendt:
Jordan moved on to other opportunities and Logan is back in the UK, where he lives.

Its sad for me that Jordan Deam doesn't have articles on this site anymore, because I used to always mis read his name as Jordan Dream and then my inner child would take over and pretend you guys a rag tag bunch of superheros.

DREAM! FUNK! ADMIRE!

Susan Arendt:
Jordan moved on to other opportunities and Logan is back in the UK, where he lives.

Would have been neat if featured via webcam.

Sipping Earl Grey tea, in his armchair besides a crackling fire with a canvas portrait of Queen 'Lizzy hanging in the back!

The Austin:
I officially know where I want to work.

Was it just me, or did the "Community" section of the office give off a serious vibe of awesome?

We call it the "Light" section of the office. Honestly, they had to turn on the ceiling lights for the tour on the "Dark" section where editorial/art/IT play work.

Another thing that was generally missing was the amount of headphones and music listening that goes on. Obviously folks had to be ready to turn around and speak on camera so no one was wearing headphones (cept Louis, but he had his thinking cap on).

PayJ567:
I liked the guys in the dark room. Do you ever let them out?

The GMs (Game Masters) work on various support stuff across the company, but are mainly known for being the first line of defense for the awesome game, Wizard 101 (a kid-oriented MMO[1]). While the video implies otherwise, those guys are the least creepiest and most patient of the folks here.

[1] I played it for awhile, don't be afraid to check it out just because you are older, it's still really fun.

Happy 5th birthday!
*adds images to "the list"*

That was an interesting look around your office, a good few of y'all looked different then I assumed y'all would.

Your office seems to have a good atmosphere to it.

Also, I love the thinking cap.
I demand one immediatly!

Kuliani:

PayJ567:

The GMs (Game Masters) work on various support stuff across the company, but are mainly known for being the first line of defense for the awesome game, Wizard 101 (a kid-oriented MMO[1]). While the video implies otherwise, those guys are the least creepiest and most patient of the folks here.

Awesome, I was under the impression they were kept in a dark cold room for the interests of science and gambling. Like everyone in the office had a bet on the day in which they would crack or something... I was grossly mis-informed by the video.

[1] I played it for awhile, don't be afraid to check it out just because you are older, it's still really fun.

PayJ567:

Kuliani:

PayJ567:

Awesome, I was under the impression they were kept in a dark cold room for the interests of science and gambling. Like everyone in the office had a bet on the day in which they would crack or something... I was grossly mis-informed by the video.

I didn't say they were nice; if you look one of them in the eye, they will cut you.

Interestingly enough, the editorial staff seem to be the happiest campers in the whole building.

Newton, it's a shame your collection is all boxed, because it occurs to me we could set up one freakin' awesome diorama.

Jack and Calumon:
Such a happy office, man, I wish I could work there. Who knows? Maybe you'll become big enough and make a UK office! :D Here's to another 5 years!

Calumon: And here's to 10 more years after that!

Yes. To worldwide Escapist office domination! It must go NC, UK, Canada(maybe), Japan(They would be the people we never ever hear from) Then a "team" somewhwre in the caribean, presumably on the beach, not doing a lot of work.

OT:
Yay susan, my pony-loving love. I am jealous of the E-pony. After I make a guitar, an E will be necessary. Maybe an electric guitar with the neckboard attaching to the E.. completely badass. I would make a copy and send it to you guys.

Even though I remember seeing videos of the Escapist office, I had this strong feeling it was a very large amount of empty cubicles taking up a massive warehouse. And alot of pictures of random people...

Kuliani:

PayJ567:

Kuliani:

PayJ567:

I didn't say they were nice; if you look one of them in the eye, they will cut you.

The reason the room has to stay cold is because if it warms up the corpses start stinking to high heaven.

We are like the Ty Cobb of the office...minus the racism.

jasoncyrus:
Wow, so escapist staff are allowed to play WoW at work? damn, wish i could :(

Yes, yes we are ;) And yes, we love our jobs.

Very nice, I enjoyed seeing the inner workings of the escapist

A few comments

Funk: How much did that cost you?

Pitts: Mafia poster. Awesome.

Louis: Nice hat

Slycne: Sup Vik'nar

Thedutchjelle:
The two people in the ...dark room were kinda strange though :P

We're not creepy or strange, just cold and heartless... ;-)

Nice tour.
Why does it bother me to much that her shirt changes throughout the film?

Demented Teddy:
Happy 5th birthday!
Also, I love the thinking cap.
I demand one immediatly!

They're surpisingly easy to find around st. patty's day ;)

lewism247:

Logan: Nice hat

It's Louis, but thank you kind sir!

ThyNameIsMud:

lewism247:

Logan: Nice hat

It's Louis, but thank you kind sir!

Oops, my apologies

and you're welcome!

I thought you were all Internet People, living and working in the Internet. Nice tour regardless.

And happy birthday! \o/

ColdStorage:

Mr.Wiggles:

I actually show up pretty often, but rarely say anything memorable. I was really excited to show off my awesome Batman picture though, since the guy that drew it is one of a handful of people I've met who share my opinion of the latest Bat-films.

(Shameless plug: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUNNIES-ON-FIRE/114144352737 )

WanderFreak:

Gabanuka:
Best. office. ever. Also, whats with the Nerf obsession?

Every office should have Nerf arsenals.

Of course, how else would you avoid murderous rage from building up among the ranks?

I think my dream job was just shown to me...

My whole life has been a waste until now. I must go there!

CaptainCrunch:

ColdStorage:

Mr.Wiggles:

I actually show up pretty often, but rarely say anything memorable. I was really excited to show off my awesome Batman picture though, since the guy that drew it is one of a handful of people I've met who share my opinion of the latest Bat-films.

The reason people don't remember you is because you don't have awesome facial hair, if you had a handlebar moustache people would be like "thats the sound guy with the awesome facial hair!", and whats wrong with the new batmange films?.

I expected every picture on that Facebook account to be on fire, I was dismayed when that was not the case.

Edit, I wrote "also facial hair" instead of "awesome facial hair", thats some amateur shit right there!, although at least I know how to use the quote function on this site.

City Tech on the desk? That's some serious old school!
Rest just looks like my working place minus tons of books. :)
And coffee cups. The lack of those really ruins the credibility of the video.

Nevertheless, happy birthday Escapist, thanks for the tour and five years of awesome and refreshingly deep gaming journalism!

Very awesome workspaces guys, I'm jealous :)
(also, tell Lauren she's cute!)

CaptainCrunch:

ColdStorage:

Mr.Wiggles:

They did a picture for me, too!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/BUNNIES-ON-FIRE/114144352737#!/photo.php?pid=4108767&id=114144352737

Virgil:

We do have our own conference room though, and a room where we keep the tech workbench/supplies, our fridge, and the TV/consoles. It's kind of a mess though - we don't really hang out in there or anything.

Room with tv/consoles and food, read as don't hang out, but rather live, except for the ocasional pizza and music concerts I take, the secret is exposed!

Anyway here the wishes from the southern place for many many years to come, you guys have a great vibe that surely reflects upon the site itself.
\o\ |o| /o/ Long life Escapist~

Very cool vid! I have faces and voices representing usernames!

Many happy returns Escapist, long live thou!

Awesome video guys! I love how everyone has something personal where they work.

P.S. Buy Funk a shelf :D

you guys really, really need to get Mr Funk a shelf :P

that was awesome though, certainly not how I imagined it :D

Am I the only one who thought Mr. Macris' head was too large for his frail nerd body?

Also coolest office ever, if I'm ever down in NC we are going to have the most epic Nerf battle ever in the history of forever (I call dibs on the Longshot). And uhh why did Susan's shirt change like 4 times?

ColdStorage:

The reason people don't remember you is because you don't have awesome facial hair, if you had a handlebar moustache people would be like "thats the sound guy with the awesome facial hair!", and whats wrong with the new batmange films?.

Actually, I was rocking the handlebars before it was cool. Just saying.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/1197-Holiday-Memories
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-show/1059-Episode-51-Viewer-Questions

As for the new Batman films, just PM me for explanation.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here