The Escapist Presents: Tour the Fortress

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

CaptainCrunch:

ColdStorage:

The reason people don't remember you is because you don't have awesome facial hair, if you had a handlebar moustache people would be like "thats the sound guy with the awesome facial hair!", and whats wrong with the new batmange films?.

Actually, I was rocking the handlebars before it was cool. Just saying.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-presents/1197-Holiday-Memories
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-escapist-show/1059-Episode-51-Viewer-Questions

*swoon* that is some epic facial hair, you actually look like you own a custom bike thats probably in pieces like a real biker, also I'd forgotten how funny The Escapist Show was.

Saaaaay, what ever happened to the Pony Badges? (Or DDKR ones for that matter)

Wish my jobs we're alot more friendly and relaxed like that, especially the nerf guns. :(

and you bet I want an escapist pony, that part made me chuckle.

I hope that I work somewhere that awesome when I get out of school :P

Please The Escapist ! You need someone to review MODS ! TAKE ME
Awesome office, I would really like to work there.

Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Pitts looks a bit like Kane from C&C?

Cool office tho, yay for Gundams (I only have an Epyon), and happy birthday :)

silentsentinel:
There is a Charizard on the ceiling. I approve of this.

He's mine. :) I brought him into the office over the Christmas holidays in the hopes that someone would suspend him from the ceiling, and they did! It was very happy making. He fits in well, I think. Goes nicely with the monkeys.

(I also have a giant Meowth, just for the record.)

omega247:
Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Pitts looks a bit like Kane from C&C?

Cool office tho, yay for Gundams (I only have an Epyon), and happy birthday :)

He actually played as Kane in Doomsday Arcade, with Yahtzee as his assistant.

awesome..
that's a whole lot of gundams.. (i should really get one these days..)

Wow, great video, I didn't realise just how many of you guys there were, and how pretty you all are, you've ruined the gamer stereotype. But of course we all knew that wasn't true anyways.
Also, Art Department hubba hubba :P

I'm not sure its possible for any of you to hate your job.
Well, you wouldn't be doing it if you didn't like it.
That, and the amount of personal 'junk'[1] is staggering. I don't even have that much at my own desktop PC(s) at home! I only sort of have one figurine of anything, and a pokemon one at that. Alas, it doesn't balance on my monitor.

[1] I say 'junk' as most of it doesn't fulfil any real purpose, not because I think it's rubbish.

commasplice:

It's technically my poster, but it was put up by @CaptainCrunch - I used to have a bunch of pictures from Exploding Dog up, but they were lost in a move. I need to repopulate my wall soon...

Also, the Fruit Fucker poster over @ThyNameIsMud's desk was from one of the Penny Arcade charity auctions and is autographed/awesome.

Question here... what software program is used to make Zero Punctuation/Game Dogs etc.?

Kross:

Also, the Fruit Fucker poster over @ThyNameIsMud's desk was from one of the Penny Arcade charity auctions and is autographed/awesome.

I feel it gives me the inspiration my hat doesn't.

Kross:
Snip.

ThyNameIsMud:
Snip again.

Man, you guys have the coolest job on the planet. Whatever the hell Harrison Krix does is a close second.

dontbehasty:
Question here... what software program is used to make Zero Punctuation/Game Dogs etc.?

I think Yahtzee might still be using MovieMaker (can't confirm), but Game Dogs is done with a whole bunch of programs (mainly Illustrator and After Effects.)

Susan Arendt:

silentsentinel:
Snip

He's mine. :) I brought him into the office over the Christmas holidays in the hopes that someone would suspend him from the ceiling, and they did! It was very happy making. He fits in well, I think. Goes nicely with the monkeys.

(I also have a giant Meowth, just for the record.)

I have a kind of giant Charmander. I've had him since I was like...5? 7?
I love him and I still do.

Wow. All of you guys are good looking people. Men and women. You've got quite the attractive staff! Must be a prerequisite to work there....

(Sniffles, putting mirror face-down before slowly tearing up job application through blurred tears)

WanderFreak:

Gabanuka:
Best. office. ever. Also, whats with the Nerf obsession?

Every office should have Nerf arsenals.

This is true. Now i wonder if taking NERF weaponry into a university lecture would be appropriate? :D

Ziadaine:

How do you mean?

Wow, that office looks like alot of fun, i wonder if you've ever had a day where all you do is just run amok with nerf guns shooting co-workers, because I probably would : )

Happy birthday escapist! I give you the present of an imaginary pony : )

Susan Arendt:

Grike:
That place is awesome, only you missed one thing: The Break Room. Every office should have a break room!

(Although, I'm still in high school, so I can't really say that every office HAS one >.>)

We don't have a break room. We do have a conference room that you didn't see called the Tree House, but no break room.

you need to have a break room so you can have a games division and output games!

Susan Arendt:

Ziadaine:

How do you mean?

i would like to obtain a pony badge it is so cute! also i would like to know how to get it? do i need a dance? or a soufflé for you? what WHAT?!?!?!

dex-dex:

Susan Arendt:

Ziadaine:

How do you mean?

i would like to obtain a pony badge it is so cute! also i would like to know how to get it? do i need a dance? or a soufflé for you? what WHAT?!?!?!

Sorry, not possible. One pony badge was a random gift this past Christmas, and the other one is staff only, except for one single member of the community, who won it in a contest.

That looks like a fun place to work.
Happy Birthday, Escapist!

Jack and Calumon:
Such a happy office, man, I wish I could work there. Who knows? Maybe you'll become big enough and make a UK office!

If that happens, that will be the one millionth reason for me to move to the U.K. :D

What a happy office, I want to go to the Escapist's office NOW!
Also, I didn't know that all of the Escapist-staff were so awesome.

Observations:

Wow, you have a massive office!

It's great to see past the avatars to the real people who lock our threads/eliminate the troll menace/create our badges/make our videos/present our office tours.

That looks like an amazing place to work.

I HAVE THAT WOW ADDONS PROGRAMMING BOOK! I can see it from here. I actually made an addon though :P

Nice walls all around :D

Why the nerf guns?

EDIT: Also, the sound on the intro isn't syncing between the left and right speakers.

EDIT 2: And wow, I've never seen so many yellow names in a single thread before! Good to see you guys!

EDIT 3: Is LRR completely based in Canada then?

Susan Arendt:

Ziadaine:

How do you mean?

I've never seen anyone be awarded them in over a year or so. Unless of course it was one of those "time frames" that they were being handed out or something, which would explain it.

I also want your P.N.03 Poster. <3

EDIT: Read above, that explains the Pony. :o

Nice movie here. Seems like it would be a nice place to be on a daily basis. :)

So apparently Virgil hates everyone :O

Happy anniversary! That's what I call a great office, keep up the good work!

Ziadaine:

Susan Arendt:

Ziadaine:

How do you mean?

I've never seen anyone be awarded them in over a year or so. Unless of course it was one of those "time frames" that they were being handed out or something, which would explain it.

I also want your P.N.03 Poster. <3

EDIT: Read above, that explains the Pony. :o

Oh, I see. The DDKR badge is still up for grabs to anyone who fulfills the qualifications.

Happy Birthday Escapist!

So how many of the staff are abroad?

excellent. its so nice to see you guys in person after having so much digital and textual communication! really interesting and cool look inside and behind the scenes of the escapist

Wow it sure is crazy that you lot would go through all the trouble of renting an entire office building just to try and convince us you really have an official office.

If you hiring I already have a nerf gun so you know I'm qualified.

Ah! Lovely to see you people 'behind the scenes'! :-)

Also, Carrie is a pretty jumpy one, isn't she? Seems to be having fun with her work! ^_^

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here