Escapist News Network: GearGasm 5: The Perspectiving

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

GearGasm 5: The Perspectiving

See it - with your eyeballs.

Watch Video

Deathscream: The Screamening? That should SO be a PSN/XBLA release!

Sexy time ENN needs to be a thing.

Second Person view could be awesome, although it would require the protagonist to never be alone. And now I'm thinking how hard that would be to script.

second and fourth person perspective could be a challenge. but who does not like a challenge?

Just letting you know, you credited Mark Sauceman as 'Paul Saunders' on his overlay. Other than that, great episode :)

for some reason a 2nd person game doesn't seem so implausible.

i just read Peter Molyneux's blog he's already started hypeing 2nd and 4th person view for fable 3 oh god WHY

lordzomg:
i just read Peter Molyneux's blog he's already started hypeing 2nd and 4th person view for fable 3 oh god WHY

Because he is a fan of ENN? Maybe he thinks it is a real news show. At least now we know who to blame when 2nd and 4th person shooters flood the market.

Final fantasy story made me chuckle XD

And poor...poor pirates~ Guess now they learn what happens when you try to steal stuff!

lol the press relese tomorow "now i know you guys have been masivley interested in the ways we could get fable 3 working with the move/kienect/wiimote/powerglove and we've been hard at work for at least half an hour trying to figure out how to make this a good idea, then it hit us 2nd and 4th person views they will revolutionise gaming really this time not like all the other times this time i'm being serious..... also it will have 3d"

Did they film a new bumper late last night? Bought out by a Chinese conglomerate? Same thing was a gag almost word for word on Colbert last night.

Also, Denny's salad was only added to the menu for the sake of drunken dares.

Haberley:
Just letting you know, you credited Mark Sauceman as 'Paul Saunders' on his overlay. Other than that, great episode :)

Dude that made the episode.

Anyway,4D is the way of the future! @_@

"Semi-interactive pathway creators"

Heheh...nice.

Also

"Wow! Did I pirate my life??"

Come to think of it, maybe Europe would make a good soundtrack for a Final Fantasy game.

Mark Sauceman's overlay said Paul Saunders. Was that on purpose?

Anyway, great episode. loved the "Did I pirate my life?" line.

2nd Person sounds so awesome, and 4th person sounds mind screwing.

You had me at "semi-interactive pathway creators."

Hands down Kathleen stole the show with "sexy times"!
2nd person mode would actually be a nice experiment. Just a one game only thing, but could be interesting.

Finally, I understand! I have a pirated life! That's why the cover artwork looked so faded and out of alignment!

why can't real life be more like dating sim game.

if I give a girl chocolates and roses she has to reward me

2nd person was used already somewhat I think.
In that Prince of Persia reboot on the PS3 (and maybe other consoles...).
You looked through the eyes of the evil god thing yet controlling the prince who is running around the walls.
EDIT: That only happened in the last part of the game though, so don't start searching for the game thinking that it is entirely played in 2nd person mode...

Also, I share your pain Graham :(

That second person thing made my head hurt as I tried to imagine playing it, I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but I don't wanna. :<

1:54 in -
"Hi, I'm Mark Sauceman" - with the caption forgetting to mention that Paul Saunders is in character :P

EDIT: I guess I should have read the comments first. Two people who saw the vid before me already commented on the same thing.

You see, on a direct line ENN has gone from srsbznss to less awesome. But that's not true, you see ENN isn't a line, it's more like a ball of wibbly wobbley newsy woozy.....stuff.

Great word of the day, great episode.

GrahamS:
GearGasm 5: The Perspectiving

See it - with your eyeballs.

Want to see more ENN? Join The Escapist Publisher's Club to see exclusive ENN: Rejected outtakes!

Become a fan on Facebook!

Watch Video

Sexiest. Hairflip. Ever.

yoyo13rom:

2nd person mode would actually be a nice experiment. Just a one game only thing, but could be interesting.

It was actually done 5 years ago. While the site hosting it took down the downloads.. and never bothered putting a year in their time stamps, the digg post survives!

the 2nd Person perspective kill in God of War 3 was neat!

DTWolfwood:
the 2nd Person perspective kill in God of War 3 was neat!

Came here to say 2nd Person was already done in GoWIII in the Poseidon (I think?) kill. At the time I thought it was very cool and innovative.

Looking forward to next weeks "The Escapist and Asahi Presents: Super Happy Adventure Time for Monster Hunter exitement".

TheEnglishman:
2nd Person sounds so awesome, and 4th person sounds mind screwing.

Just give the idea to Suda 51 and throw ideas of another Killer 7 style game. The assassin would be monitored in the video screens as you control him and the on duty guard who switches camera views (I am thinking the R2 L2 or bumpers)

Haberley:

Darn ninja'd.... Ah well, I enjoyed this and I was expecting the new view would be "bottom-up" as opposed to top down, although I would be very interested in playing a game in second person

Haberley:

Well, with Paul getting shown in the ENN opening sequence now, he probably can't keep going by that alias for these GearGasm segments. Maybe give Sauseman a beard? :p

"Wow. Did i pirate my life?"

A fourth person novel would be awesome!

"Why is this guy talking so much about what that guy does? Why does he follow him around all the time? Why do I follow him around all the time. Screw it I'm going to bed."

Graham, I know exactly how you feel, I now know that my life is also the result of piracy.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here