Zero Punctuation: No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Cannonball Run 2 is awesome.

Dear Y,

I totally lost track of what the hell you were talking about after a while.

Sincerely,
Me

lol @ the rebecca mayes shout out.

veetamin E deficiency really kills that many people?

No More Heroes 2 is desperately struggling to be a good game. I love it when Wii games are reviewed. waggle waggle

Funny review. Oddly enough I enjoyed the 8-bit minigames more than I enjoyed the rest of the game. I thought that the boss fights didn't have enough character this time around. I mean when you compare something like the Dr. Peace battle or the Holly Summers fight in NMH 1 to creepy murderer arsonist guy with a flamethrower battle or ugly steroidal football player with cheerleaders in a mech suit, the ones in NMH2 are just less interesting.

Omg I live in swindon... how did you learn that swindon is in the opposite direction of intresting things D:

Eh I didn't like the game. I probably wouldn't like the first one, either.

Erana:
Now that's just disappointing. This is the first I've really heard about NMH2, and while this is Yahzee's paid-to-insult commentary, it really does sound like the game's gone downhill. Oh, well. I don't have my friend's wii to borrow any more, so I guess by the time I get to play it, it will be cheap enough to be worth my money.
Also, does Travis really have one of those body pillows in the game? They freak me out terribly. When I was in Japan this spring, they had those pillow cases in claw machines. And the arcades were absolute sausage fests; the only Japanese female I saw in two arcade buildings was in full anime regalia for a promotional event.

you know, it doesn't surprise me he has one of those pillows as he practically rapes his poster in the first game in one scene (a bit grammatically awkward but wtv)

I don't play the NMH games myself but i have friends that do and I watch them.

I heard the boss, Letz Shake, is in #2 as well. If his battle is anything like the first, the game will be totally awesome.

I really should stop watching ZP reviews of games I actually like.

And I accidentally double posted. Peachy.

This is exactly how I like my game reviews; without any bad singing at the end.

Bluh, Rebecca Mayes.

He could not have picked a better obsession example than Haruhi Suzumiya... for she is god(Haruhiism anyone?) Loved the review... kinda sad I fit the obsession thing to a T(see avatar and understand nyoro~)

Is Yahtzee alright? He sounds... different... this week, but maybe that's just my imagination.

Jonluw:
I love how he wears the beret on top of his trilby.

It was a modest pile of hat.

A classic controller? WHAT!!!!! Yahtzee you scoundrel. The executions in No More Heroes with the wiimote are the best part. How can a classic controller be better.

ThrobbingEgo:

Jonluw:

"So I don't get stabbed by Rebecca Mayes" HAHAHAHAHA!, but that's exactly what I want to see! Film it! Film it!

Great review hahahha.

Ghostbody:
Good news is that there will be a NMH for the 360 & PS3. NMH: Paradise.

I think that's only coming out in Japan.

Great Rebecca Mayes reference. I was kind of hoping for a short little review of the song, thoug. Or maybe a rebuttal song is in order?

Anyway, this is one of the funnier ZP's I've seen in a while. Great work.

Quite a few cats in oh most every episode i've seen.
What about fire-breathing golden lions?
"All the women wear fetish outfits and they are ether in love with you or have to be bloodly murdered" So what CAN be found in tube zero-zero-fifty-one?

LOL good review, above average I would say.

Words cannot describe how much I hate this game
I plan to try to get my money back or throw it at a homeless man if that fails

But actually.

Lordbishop:
Ooo.. think someone might have watched Rebecca's vid/song

When a beautiful women writes a song about you...You watch it.

I've been gone for a year and all these people talk about this Rebecca Mayes person.

I just checked and she joined about a month after I left and she sings.

I'm sold on "giant robots".

Too bad the PS3/360 re-release of the first NMH isn't gonna see the light of day outside of Japan.

I would pay to see Yahtzee do a review of Resonance of Fate.

Had to pause the video I was so shocked... Why is there a fuck removed at 1.43? Was their sponsor pressure to clean it up?

Very dissappointed. If you're going to do that, don't do a half-assed job taking it out. This isn't Australian network TV in the 1990s...

actually No more heroes paradise is not just coming out in japan also the uk. But i doubt its going anywhere else. But oh well I can still hope. Damn the xbox for its region blocks

I quite enjoyed this review, a lot more funny than some of the ones he's done recently. The Rebecca Mayes jab and the etch-a-sketch were awesome. But alas, I do have a bone to pick. Why would he have bashed NMH2 for removing the open-world sandbox aspect when he himself despises unnecessary sandboxes? That's one of the most blatant self-contradictions I've ever heard - does the quadruple amputee kindergarten award for least necessary sandbox he had in the 2009 awards ring a bell? I haven't played No More Heroes or the sequel, but if what he said about the first being a boring open world format is true, he has no business attacking a company for removing something that even he admits didn't work. Yes, they probably could have fixed it up and kept the sandbox, but at least they did SOMETHING to try and resolve the problem, which is more than a lot of game companies can say.

TimL:
Had to pause the video I was so shocked... Why is there a fuck removed at 1.43? Was their sponsor pressure to clean it up?

Very dissappointed. If you're going to do that, don't do a half-assed job taking it out. This isn't Australian network TV in the 1990s...

I wouldn't have caught that on my own, but I went back and listened to it again and there's definitely something sloppily edited out there. I was also wondering what was up with the "gnap gnap rawr" at 2:03, that didn't seem to me like something he would've done unless asked to change what he was going to say at the last second. I've got no problems with cleaning up a product for advertisers (unless it happens to be a quiz show called 21) but I'd appreciate if it was done with slightly better quality.

ThrobbingEgo:

Jonluw:

Oh-ho I see what you did there! (Looks like Yahtzee was doing a bit of crafting lately ;-))

Loved the boss fight. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here