Escape to the Movies: Predators

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Predators

This week MovieBob hunts down Predators.

Watch Video

So it wasn't actually bad? A remake of a movie that wasn't all that good to begin with was nearly as good as that movie?

I'm amazed.

Edit: And in relation to the seemingly-tribal yet technologically sophisticated predators, maybe the reason they hunt like they do is not for sport or to bring home a trophy (They don't eat the humans they kill, do they? That might be the reason), but because all of the predators we see are adolescent predators that are sent to kill whatever they can to prove their status as a "real man" back at the predators' home planet. Instead of trophy hunting because you need to prove to yourself that you're more manly than everyone else, you trophy hunt because of a traditional rite of passage all predators must go through.

Saving my money for inception, anyway you got an interestint take on it on the franchise

I think they handwave the Predators technological advancement for the same reason we don't see female predators, the XX chromose predators are the one in charge at home, probably the one in charge of technological research

I don't normally comment on these videos but I wanted to say how much I enjoy, not just this, but every review on Escape to the Movies.

So it isn't bad...I will probably go see this film.

I was not expecting that. I mean how could I have missed that Machette (and no I don't care if that is his real name) is in this movie. Also, the film is Good? Who would've guessed?

About that Eclipse business. Bob, is Count Duckula really the best you could come up with? How about Baron Pasty von Douche?

Saving my money for Inception.
Nice review as always =D

Am I the only one who was hoping Chris Hansen would be one of the protagonists? Who has more experience against Predators than him?

Sweet going to see this sometime tomorrow!

Oh and if you want to discuss it further; User Group

For some reason this movie did seem really dumb looking at the trailers but you may have persuaded me MovieBob. bravo.

And thanks now i have a rebuttal to an argument with twilight fans saying that he is so diffrent and not from this time and what not.

I didn't really the movie. I mean, it wasn't terrible, I and my friends just didn't find it that good.

I did however, along with the guy behind me, came up with the conclusion that the "team" was based around TF2.

Wait what no... The Spider Man thing was unnecessary, I don't think my day will go well now.

Here we are being told there's a good movie out and then BAM! depressing Spider-Man news.

I will say at the very least this film has more of a SOUL than the utterly safe, predictable, boring, neutered AVP series ever was. Still, I'll probably give my money to Mr Nolan next week anyway. And seriously Rodriguez, get your butt in gear and stop getting sidetracked by projects so you can make Sin City 2.

As for the Expendables, blech; Stallone, your generation was confined to the 80s for a reason and no one, NO ONE misses the macho shlock your ego ended up making.

For some reason I thought it was going to be not that good. Then I remembered that Bob knows a good B movie when he sees one.

I'll still see it. Always a need for mindless action movies.

So it's good? Huzzah, then I'm seeing it!

Pretty sweet that they still use costumes rather than CG for the Predators.

Can't wait to see then. I've got money to see it so I will.

The bit with the targeting lasers at the end was very cool, one is scary, having half a dozen light you up is where you start thinking "I'm fucked and those were new pants damnit"

I will rent it sometime. I like these movies.

Haha, Count Duckula, have to remember that one.

I dont know about this movie though, after the last few months I'm kind of getting sick of the Aliens and Predators, both separately and together. Despite that fact that you think I should see it Bob, I might have to save this one for when theres nothing to do.

Um...I think one of the tags are spelled wrong, escapt to the movies?
And one more movie I have to see this summer.

Sweet, iv been looking at this for a little while so im excited to see it.

Mabey ill celebrate this new movie by going Hunting!
Gotta go check what Hunting Season it is.

I think i'll see it you usually like what i like

Hi MovieBob, could you stop ragging on Twilight, its flawed yes... not every single piece of literature is The Divine Comedy, if you hate anything enough you will find flaws because your looking for them.

You said yourself in the Harry Potter critique you did that any flaws pointed out would not change peoples minds over it (please correct whatever you said) and whether or not they would see it.

All your doing now is giving flamers and trollers ammo to attack someone else on this site and other sites with regards to Twilight, these kids would not have noticed what you have noticed because a) they aren't as of observant as you and b) because they wouldn't have watched it anyway.

Anyway, I'm going to buy all the films and all the books as retribution for all the smack talk this series has got, girls like it, LET THEM, I like KillZone, I've not come across a girl that likes that, or anyone for that matter.

I am gonna try and see it, your review has just made me more determined.

I think that after 1 and especially 2 the series lost it's way, good to see a return to what made the series great.

tkioz:
The bit with the targeting lasers at the end was very cool, one is scary, having half a dozen light you up is where you start thinking "I'm fucked and those were new pants damnit"

Just for the record, that never actually happens in the movie. Just the one.

tkioz:

That must be how Adrian Broody felt whenever the college football team passed him in the hallway.

I swear, every time Bob drops politics into his professional critic work, I want to step on his neck.

"Yes, this is a perfectly viable thing to do. Fill in time with obnoxious op ed crap." There's a reason those two sections of the newspaper are separated, goddamnit.

The AlienS to Alien?

Fuck yeah. Can't wait 'till it hits the screen here.

Pretty ok movie, saw it just before watching this video, great account of it too.

GARFIELD IS SPIDERMAN? :O
What happened to Peter Parker? xD

Good review. I really enjoyed the first Predator and if this one is as good as you say it is Im going to be looking forward to see it :)

Finally... That's all I can say. A good Predator movie is something this Predator geek has been waiting for. Still kinda hoping for something that focuses more on the Predators themselves since they're such surprisingly fleshed out characters (considering that they're the titular monster in a b-movie). I guess the games will have to handle that area.

Hmmm...........might be worth checking out. You never know.

ColdStorage:
Hi MovieBob, could you stop ragging on Twilight, its flawed yes... not every single piece of literature is The Divine Comedy, if you hate anything enough you will find flaws because your looking for them.

You said yourself in the Harry Potter critique you did that any flaws pointed out would not change peoples minds over it (please correct whatever you said) and whether or not they would see it.

All your doing now is giving flamers and trollers ammo to attack someone else on this site and other sites with regards to Twilight, these kids would not have noticed what you have noticed because a) they aren't as of observant as you and b) because they wouldn't have watched it anyway.

Anyway, I'm going to buy all the films and all the books as retribution for all the smack talk this series has got, girls like it, LET THEM, I like KillZone, I've not come across a girl that likes that, or anyone for that matter.

I think the reason why him and other people are flaming it so much and picking it apart is because it really is that bad. If i wrote a bad essay at university my lecturer doesn't say "ahh well everyone to their own" they fail my ass and proceed to tell me why it's a load of crap. That is what bob is doing, he's explaining why it's rubbish.

lwm3398:
Edit: And in relation to the seemingly-tribal yet technologically sophisticated predators, maybe the reason they hunt like they do is not for sport or to bring home a trophy (They don't eat the humans they kill, do they? That might be the reason), but because all of the predators we see are adolescent predators that are sent to kill whatever they can to prove their status as a "real man" back at the predators' home planet. Instead of trophy hunting because you need to prove to yourself that you're more manly than everyone else, you trophy hunt because of a traditional rite of passage all predators must go through.

And you know what kind of societies on Earth go through this whole "rites that make you a real man" and "rites of passage all male teenagers go through" kind of thing?

Tribes! God damn technologically retarded tribes.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here