Name Game: #5

Pages 1 2 NEXT

See how many of these folks you recognize.

Read Full Article

Haha! This made me laugh a fair bit. Enjoyed this one! Cheers!

Those last 2 look like a dangerous bunch...

Really enjoying the comic thus far

Hmm, where have I seen those last two...
No, no, don't tell me, I wouldn't want t skip over the guessing...

Very awesome. I wish this would have won over Critical Miss. They're both equally excellent, but this is more my kind of humor. But once every other week is certainly better than none at all. Keep it up!

Hehe, they got Eternal Sonata :D

Nice one this week, made me laugh.

I honestly did not get it. Maybe if i read it backwards...

Double post, sorry.

Well, I don't work at a GameStop or anything but I've certainly see every one of those people... I also might just happen to fall under the "hopeless virgin" category...

Utterly brilliant. That last panel made me laugh, a rare occasion on the internet.

The last panel got a giggle out of me. :D

wow Paul's got quite the adams apple there.

ProfessorLayton:
I also might just happen to fall under the "hopeless virgin" category...

Phew, thought I was gonna be the only one admitting to this.

I almost want to get a job at a game store to see just how true these comics are. I get the feeling a lot of the humour writes itself.

Eric the Orange:
wow Paul's got quite the adams apple there.

Oh! Now I know who they are. Thanks for the tip.

LOl at Paul and Graham they are buy Eternal Sonata

Excellent.

Nailed almost every stereotype to date. It's genius and I am totally sharing the love towards my friends, gained a few chuckles of of this one!

I'd almost be in the hopeless virgin category if it wasn't for the "virgin" bit.

But yeah, that "but the box is right here" type seems pretty closely related to the usual PC world customer- apparently, the employees are stupid because they can't work out what the customer wants. Which would be because the customer doesn't know anything about computers and expects the employee to psychically know.

Small PC shop owners around here are the ones who don't know- no-one could POSSIBLY need a 700w power supply!

As someone who works in game retail, this comic made me laugh very, very hard.

Ah, I would make an obvious joke about the last two...

But how could I forget 'em! They're too memorable...

I most certainly did not see that coming. Nice!

...Hey, I just realized: If I got a job at a game store, I too could meet Graham and Paul.
It could happen.

LOL!!

I do not think Paul is that scrawny though. Graham on the other hand....

*hides*

Seriously lol @ last pane...and even Eternal Sonata on the counter!!!

But, its all so true...

I lol'ed alot. haha.

If you show the box, you aught to have the game, unless its a "coming soon" kind of deal. Otherwise you're just being evil. (I once couldn't get a used copy of God of War 2 because of this crap.)

Hey, how the hell did you get a picture of me!! (j/k)

Does anyone else think the "Errand Running Girlfriend" looks like Micheal Jackson?

BlueHighwind:
If you show the box, you aught to have the game, unless its a "coming soon" kind of deal. Otherwise you're just being evil. (I once couldn't get a used copy of God of War 2 because of this crap.)

It's a SHELF holder, not a garuntee of copy. The copy boxes are UNDERNEATH the box, or stored behind the desk.

And all of these stereotypes are 100% accurate. Though the ESRB believer and the hopeless virign seem like the least annoying customers.

Leels:
See how many of these folks you recognize.

Well played!

As someone who used to work at a GameStop, I know all of those. Except... well, us.

I actually had to check that you didn't live IN Victoria, because there are local employees who would have seen us embarrassingly purchasing Eternal Sonata. Nice touch with the Canadian money, too.

Those last two I recognized almost immediately as Graham and Paul, thou hath given me a smile this day.

It's Paul and Graham!

I KNEW I've seen them somewhere!

TsunamiWombat:

BlueHighwind:

It's a SHELF holder, not a garuntee of copy. The copy boxes are UNDERNEATH the box, or stored behind the desk.

And all of these stereotypes are 100% accurate. Though the ESRB believer and the hopeless virign seem like the least annoying customers.

Yeah, but those evil bastards wouldn't even let me buy the box. I told them "well, if this box is the only merchandise you have, I'll take the box. I won't have the game, but I'll have the box. That way people can visit me and think that I own the game, when really I don't. See, I like tricking people for no good reason." I even offered five bucks for it. No dice. Unfortunately most game store employees know just about five sentences in total, and half of them are about online surveys.

Also this all happened years after God of War 2 came out. They had no good reason not to have a copy of it in the store.

reg42:
Those last 2 look like a dangerous bunch...

They're trying to buy Eternal Sonata with Monopoly money, clearly these men are on the FBI's watchlist...

You forgot the people who don't look their age and have no need for a driver's license, who can't get M rated games, so they hand the games to their parents and skulk back in the shelves while the transaction takes place.

not only funny but damn true. nice work

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or