Chronicles of Cataclysm: What Anachronisms?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Chronicles of Cataclysm: What Anachronisms?

The goblin starting zone of Kezan is ridiculously good-looking.

Read Full Article

Wow o.o I didnt know they had vehicles in WoW...Mounts yeah. Attached machine gun anyone?

This sounds awesome, Greg. And the Zoolander reference cracks me up.

I am kinda of jelous of the goblins due to their mounts and some of their racial abilities, nether the less I still am goin worgen in this expansion

Sounds pretty funny. I wonder whether the questing after the starting zone will live to this though?

Im thinking about coming back to WOW when Cataclysm comes out and Im planning to roll a Goblin and this does sound pretty fun, How long do you stay in this starting area for? Till level 1-5 or 1-10 as preusual? Or an extended starting area like the Draenei's 1-20?

Looks cool. Reminded me of this video and thought I should share it with you: http://www.youtube.com/user/totalhalibut?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/15/pc_rEs90Oxw

Jaredin:
Wow o.o I didnt know they had vehicles in WoW...Mounts yeah. Attached machine gun anyone?

They've been in since the start of Catacalysm, they're a fun break to normal questing ;)

*Checks Battle.Net account*

:(

Torque669:
Im thinking about coming back to WOW when Cataclysm comes out and Im planning to roll a Goblin and this does sound pretty fun, How long do you stay in this starting area for? Till level 1-5 or 1-10 as preusual? Or an extended starting area like the Draenei's 1-20?

So I watch the video hoping to see this new quest structure, and what do I see? Sapping orc workers for being lazy, and kill X of Y. I hope we'll see a little more critique on Cataclysm than "oh wow I can't believe how cool Blizzard products are."

I can NOT wait for this to come out. I only read about the first bit of this article though, because I REALLY want to be surprised and absorbed into the new quest lines. The first time I did the Death Knight line I got so drawn in I was on a wow-playing kick for quite a while after that. I did, however, see the picture of that vehicle on page one... Oh yeah... It must be mine!

EDIT: Post 888! the number amuses me!

Cranky,baby!! (I was to weak to resist)

I might play wow agian in cataclysm...

I don't think you can pull off a storyline centralised around your character in an MMO. There are going to be thousands of bombs kicked into that volcano, no wonder it goes off.

Im guessing that car is the new goblin mount. If so, then I cant wait :)

WoW needs to die. I am not hating or anything, but I hope people tire of it eventually. I want another MMO released by Blizzard,I'm sure they still have ideeas.

I think they should offer some free trials to old members to try to get us back into it. I'd like to find out for myself if this is much better or not.

PurpleSky:
WoW needs to die. I am not hating or anything, but I hope people tire of it eventually. I want another MMO released by Blizzard,I'm sure they still have ideeas.

They actually announced that they are starting a new one last year at BlizzCon. It's expected to take at least 5 years to finish (so 2014 at the earliest) and will be a completely new franchise (not WoW 2, World of Starcraft, or World of Diablo).

Until then, I'm massivley enjoying my remaining time with WoW before TOR comes out.

Wah wah wee wah - that sounds incredible.It makes me even more interested to see how quests have been revamped the world over too!

I was pretty sure I was going to reroll a Worgen with cataclysm (as I really like the victorian vibe their zone has), but the goblin zone just sounds plane awesome.

I really can't wait to see what zones like Duskwood and Ashenvale are like after the cataclysm...wheeeee

Tharwen:
I think they should offer some free trials to old members to try to get us back into it. I'd like to find out for myself if this is much better or not.

I believe those are called, "Scrolls of Ressurection." I can send one your way if you PM me your email - I wouldn't mind some free game time 8)

In my opinion, Horde is always way more fun.

Not only because they have the wicked races but also they make up for great roleplaying purposes, I used RP servers alot more often than simple PvP/PvE servers.

There's more to a goblin model's life than being really, really, really ridiculously good-looking. Like dying in a horrible gasoline-and-lava-related fire.

Worgens are cockney? Awesome!

Well, I suppose its to be expected, since Blizz luv the Horde anyhow.

Still rolling Worgen though, although the Cockney accents may drive me to put screwdrivers in my ears.

The Undoer:
Looks cool. Reminded me of this video and thought I should share it with you: http://www.youtube.com/user/totalhalibut?blend=1&ob=4#p/u/15/pc_rEs90Oxw

Thanks for that link. I watched both the goblin and the worgen starting zone and I'm disappointed. The article promised way too much.

PurpleSky:

Erm, WoW won't die because it's constantly coming up with new things that are fun to do, and constantly shaping the in-game world. Oh and Diablo 3.

Torque669:

Kezan is really only 1-5. The next zone, after you escape from the erupting mountain, takes place after you get shipwrecked in the Lost Isles. The quests there, where you meet Thrall and join the Horde, get you up to about 15. I'll probably go in to that zone in more depth in a later column.

Why wow why!? I just cancelled my subscription and now you are dragging me back in! These pictures look really cool, I may have to get Cata after all.

Greg Tito:

Torque669:

Kezan is really only 1-5. The next zone, after you escape from the erupting mountain, takes place after you get shipwrecked in the Lost Isles. The quests there, where you meet Thrall and join the Horde, get you up to about 15. I'll probably go in to that zone in more depth in a later column.

Blizzard's planning to re-tune the gob starting experience to get people out of Lost Isles and into Azshara or North Barrens at around level 12.

econael:

The Undoer:

Thanks for that link. I watched both the goblin and the worgen starting zone and I'm disappointed. The article promised way too much.

I'm just curious, why were you disappointed? What were you expecting?

Don't let the video sway you too much. It's never as fun watching a videogame being played as it is to actually play it.

The Dane:

Greg Tito:

Torque669:

Blizzard's planning to re-tune the gob starting experience to get people out of Lost Isles and into Azshara or North Barrens at around level 12.

Hmm, that will be interesting. Azshara does feel like the 2nd starting zone like Bloodmyst Isle or the Ghostlands.

Did they redo any of the other races starting zones? What does silvermoon look like now?

It doesn't matter how good it looks, since we all know it's still going to degenerate into staring at recount waiting for DBM to tell you to move.

This whole "looks too much like a modern town/city" thing is a major turn off for me.

Sorry to ask an irrelevant question, but did they implement the new races' dances yet?

I'm looking forward coming back to WoW and starting my new goblin once Cata hits. Gotta love that steampunk vibe and propensity for blowing things up. Naturally, my goblin will have to be an engineer so I may further that image.

I've never really understood the backlash the technological aspects get in WoW either. Its not like it has ever been high fantasy and there have been flying machines, tanks, submarines, etc. in the games for a long time now. The goblins simply highlight that aspect.

The Worgen starting zone is far more... atmospheric. I think both the starting zones have fantastic merit, the Worgen makes you feel beaten down and angry at the world as expected from a chained up, cursed, held off from the rest of the world, human.

And the Goblins make you feel fun, cheeky, and a little bit insane, just as you're supposed to be. Always knowing the value of a dollar and how to swindle it out of all the other races. And constantly causing trouble.

Huge thumbs up for 'Getting into the spirit' of your Race. Just based on the starting zones.

I hope they take this and run with it for the rest of the races.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)