The Escapist Presents: Epic vs Red Storm Paintball

Epic vs Red Storm Paintball

Epic Games and Red Storm Entertainment meet on the paintball battlefield.

Watch Video

Cool. Now have Treyarch take on whats left of Infinity Ward.

I hate this DAMN nissan advert! It says 15 secs till I can see the video, but it lags 2 seconds for every second it counts down ='(

Isit just me, or this happen to you guys as well?

Damn it, when did this happen? I live 10 mins away from both devs, would've loved to have been in the audience for this.

I want developer cage-matches next year.

Team Hollywood:
Epic vs Red Storm Paintball

Epic Games and Red Storm Entertainment meet on the paintball battlefield.

Watch Video

They should do competitions, be funny and they'd get publicity. A win/win situation, unless your shirt got a hole in it like the guy in the video.

Next up: DICE vs Treyarch

PurpleSky:
I want developer cage-matches next year.

One-on-one duels would be excellent as well. Peter Molyneux vs. Hideo Kojima? Or perhaps Cliff Bleszinski vs. Shigeru Miyamoto? There are plenty of match-ups I can think of!

As an aside: I really want to play paintball right now.

+1 for a shooting-game developer paintball tourney. As an extra rule: all developers must use tactics from their games.

Mukil:
I hate this DAMN nissan advert! It says 15 secs till I can see the video, but it lags 2 seconds for every second it counts down ='(

Isit just me, or this happen to you guys as well?

Same here. Advertising is a nessecary evil, but I would appreciate it if it was an actual ad, not a very loud slideshow

OT: Very good fun. Perhapes helmet-cameras next time? Like MysteriousGuitarMan and his associates did on his youtube channel a while back

Ahaha, fucking sweet this. Really enjoyed it with a childish glee. Isn't the Escapist close to the Epic Games studios?

Anyone know if this counted as a tax write off for either company since it could TECHNICALLY count as research?

El pup:
Anyone know if this counted as a tax write off for either company since it could TECHNICALLY count as research?

That would be hilarious if they did, heh

Straying Bullet:
Ahaha, fucking sweet this. Really enjoyed it with a childish glee. Isn't the Escapist close to the Epic Games studios?

About a 20 minute drive. Not far.

Landslide:

Straying Bullet:

I wish I could be jealous of this, I honestly do.

gigastrike:
+1 for a shooting-game developer paintball tourney. As an extra rule: all developers must use tactics from their games.

If that was the case I think Red Storm with Rainbow Six might come off better than Epic with Gears of War.

Straying Bullet:

Landslide:

Straying Bullet:

I live 10 mins away from Epic, Red Storm and the Escapist. Jealous now?

Need pitfalls and paint chainsaws.

Hell yes! Now THIS is how you do a bloody inter-office outing!

I think EPIC lost?
Because the guy was saying, "Not so epic after all."

SalamanderJoe:
Cool. Now have Treyarch take on whats left of Infinity Ward.

Ahahaha :)

Paintballing hurts. Ever get shot as someone sprints down one side right at the tip of your index finger (the one on the trigger)? No? Good, becase it hurts like hell. Best one on be though is when I got shot on the shoulder and the paint splattered right into the frikin helmet. For one second I though I was bleeding :P

Well, I had fun watching the vid :)

andacg1:
I think EPIC lost?
Because the guy was saying, "Not so epic after all."

Yes, Red Storm won out in the end.

AllLagNoFrag:
Paintballing hurts. Ever get shot as someone sprints down one side right at the tip of your index finger (the one on the trigger)? No? Good, becase it hurts like hell. Best one on be though is when I got shot on the shoulder and the paint splattered right into the frikin helmet. For one second I though I was bleeding :P

Well, I had fun watching the vid :)

You'd be surprised how quickly you get used to it. When I was in college I would play with our team fairly frequently, to the point where I wouldn't feel most hits and had to be called out.

soapyshooter:

Straying Bullet:

Landslide:

Straying Bullet:

I ran into Cliffy B pumping gas the other day out near NC State.

nmaster64:

soapyshooter:

Straying Bullet:

Landslide:

Straying Bullet:

Are you serious? I can't stand the guy but it would've been kinda cool. I don't go to Raleigh too much, I might have seen him around Cary but I'm horrible with faces.

soapyshooter:

nmaster64:

Are you serious? I can't stand the guy but it would've been kinda cool. I don't go to Raleigh too much, I might have seen him around Cary but I'm horrible with faces.

He has a really nice car in one of the ugliest colors imaginable.

He pulled up and my girlfriend goes "Get a load of this douchebag." I about had a heart attack laughing when he stepped outta the car and we saw who it actually was.

hope those DEVELOPERS didn't DEVELOP anymore of a deep yearning toward chest-high walls than already ... yearned ... yeah

all those walls seem 2 tall i dont think the GOW team knew what 2 do =)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here