Stolen Pixels #211: This is Not Funny

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stolen Pixels #211: This is Not Funny

You can all blame Gabe Newell and Gordon Freeman for this one.

Read Full Article

I was experiencing similar trouble, the soultion, as it turns out is to scarfice a goat in the name of Newell, that should get things running. Oh, also, you cannot eat sushi on a friday anymore.

That 'tache looks damn good shamus

If I was the escapist I'd feel a bit sheepish for paying you to play games. But then again I guess you could sum up Yahtzee's job like that to.

Do we blame Valve if the comic was funny. DAMN YOU VALVE FOR MAKING SHAMUS MAKE A MILDLY FUNNY WEBCOMIC!

I hate it when steam does that, anyway, that 'stache is looking good.

For the record I was amused by the punchline...

You really can't grow facial hair? If so, I envy you. Having to shave is somewhat annoying.

Anyway, I hate it when steam does that. It seems that offline mode only works when it feels like it.

lmao! Hilarious! Damn you Valve!

And now Gabe Newell has canceled Half Life 3 (or Episode 3) forever

I find it humorous that almost every comic relating to valve is unfunny, like they sap the joy out of everything they touch.
Except Gabe Newell fat jokes. Those will never get old.

Maybe someone shouldn't have put off making the comic until the last minute? :p

I think we can actually go ahead and blame Dell Conagher.

So true

It's ok. Mustache Shamus was totally worth it.

It's easier to blame Valve than one's own lack of skill. A true artist would've made a comic with MS-Paint.

Klingonmage:
I was experiencing similar trouble, the soultion, as it turns out is to scarfice a goat in the name of Newell, that should get things running. Oh, also, you cannot eat sushi on a friday anymore.

I second this. That's how I grew my mustache.

I don't understand why you can't just play single-player GMod in offline mode. This one fact has slightly inconvenienced me on exactly two (2) occasions. I'm not sacrificing my last goat.

Goats are overrated. Facial hair is forever (stylish).

Great comic. Not that I can sympathise at all. I don't have Steam, and I've had a beard since I was 14.
In case you're reading this, Mr. Young, remember:

You just have to beleive in yourself.
Facial hair doesn't come from the face...
It comes from the heart.

Let's blame it on Bobby Kotick!

I had a strong inkling you would do this. Because when Newell gives you lemons...

Except for the mustache. That made me laugh precisely because it was so unexpected.

I came across this, and I don't remember where, but when steam isn't authorizing your client to do something, sometimes changing the "city" you're in fixes it.

Klingonmage:

The Great Gabe does not accept goat sacrifices. In this case, it is better to sacrifice clientregistry.blob to him. It's actually a blob of tasty lard and hamburger meat. The author of this comic should put it between buns and send it to Newell through the Recycle Bin.

When life hands you lemons, eh?

Insightful comic. I'm really not a fan of how Valve games can (now) only be played when Steam has internet connection. In fact, I believe all games in the Steam library can only be played when Steam has connection, but I haven't tested that theory yet.

I remember the days when a person could choose to play Half-life 2 in offline mode and Steam was cool with it. But then Valve was like, "no." So now no one can play it offline anymore. A shame, really.

Don't worry, facial hair is only a necessity if you're a hockey player in the playoffs.

Haha! Glad you turned it into a comic.

I have this problem all the time. Steam is great, when it feels like working. When it doesn't god help you if you have the gall to want to enjoy a game you bought.

You lucky lucky bastard. Shaving sucks, but if I stop, the child sex crime unit of the local police start camping on my doorstep.

Irridium:
Haha! Glad you turned it into a comic.

I have this problem all the time. Steam is great, when it feels like working. When it doesn't god help you if you have the gall to want to enjoy a game you bought.

I've had no end to problems since they introduced that damn Save cloud system. Luckily offline disables it, at the cost of not being able to play the one Valve game I never bothered to uninstall.

Re: no facial hair:
Maybe you are secretly an elf?

MGlBlaze:
You really can't grow facial hair? If so, I envy you. Having to shave is somewhat annoying.

Anyway, I hate it when steam does that. It seems that offline mode only works when it feels like it.

That's why I'm growing a beard!
Well, I'm not growing one intentionally as much as I neglect to shave for a couple of months at a time.
At least I look good in it.

Denamic:

MGlBlaze:

That's why I'm growing a beard!
Well, I'm not growing one intentionally as much as I neglect to shave for a couple of months at a time.
At least I look good in it.

Exactly. Facial hair is such a nuisance. It requires constant maintenance if you don't want to look like a pedo or a hobo.

DeadlyYellow:
I've had no end to problems since they introduced that damn Save cloud system. Luckily offline disables it, at the cost of not being able to play the one Valve game I never bothered to uninstall.

There's a global setting to turn it off, thank goodness. It's in Steam > Settings > Downloads + Cloud. I honestly wish I knew why they decided to implement such a terribly done "feature". The thing kept resetting all my graphics options and hotkeys until I found the global off button. But whatever you do, don't try turning it off for individual games (Properties > Updates when you right-click a game); sometimes, when the game gets patched, the cloud gets re-enabled. Aaaauugh.

I like Steam. It's a great way to get cheap games. But I can't bring myself to love it, with all its quirky hangups.

I find this absurd. I've just played Gmod in Offline Mode without experiencing any problems at all.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here