Critical Miss: #17

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Not everything about Blizzard's RealID use of real names was bad, you know.

Read Full Article

Meh, i dont play WoW, so not so funny.

I don't understand which direction I am suppose to read it in

edit: Oh nevermind

liamwazhere:
I don't understand which direction I am suppose to read it in

The letters go from left to right.

Hehehehe...Ashleigh.

But yeah, it's not so great when that hot elf you've been chatting up is called Frank either.

I enjoyed it, you seem to be on a winning streak with me, keep doing what you're doing.

Lmao, Ashley joke. Its not to much a problem in UK, as, its pretty accepted you can be called it here, but...I hear oppositte in US...and, I think the comic proves it!

Hilarious reaction though, love it

I have a friend called Ashley. What's funny is that he get's more shit from his last name - Shakespeare.

Kasabian!

BlindTom:
Kasabian!

i wasnt the only one!
empire right?

My name is Ashley =_=

And I'm a dude. And I live in the UK, so it's OK. But when I toured the US, I referred to myself as Ash. Not Ashley. People snorted when they checked my ID though. Not cool.

The Cheezy One:

BlindTom:
Kasabian!

i wasnt the only one!
empire right?

Dead right. First album I ever bought.

I'm also loving the Murlocks' chat, followed by 'Shut the Fuck up!'

People should really know better, after all the greatest fictional guy in the history of ever is a "Ashley"...even if he also refers to him as "Ash"

awesomeClaw:
Meh, i dont play WoW, so not so funny.

You don't have to play WoW or MMOs to understand.

Someone got angry because either someone stole his items, insulted him, killed in PvP or cheated while they were playing together.

Another guy finds out a friend's name is exactly the same as his sister's. And people who find out you are a girl IRL have easier time being dicks, because they know it's a girl.

Mister Eff:
My name is Ashley =_=

And I'm a dude. And I live in the UK, so it's OK. But when I toured the US, I referred to myself as Ash. Not Ashley. People snorted when they checked my ID though. Not cool.

I feel your pain, i've started shortening my name as well.

Abedeus:
Another guy finds out a friend's name is exactly the same as his sister's. And people who find out you are a girl IRL have easier time being dicks, because they know it's a girl.

Heh, from my experience, girls who play WoW get the royal treatment because there's something in the male psyche that makes you think that if you give a girl attention and gifts, she'll show you her boobs.

I love your work. I cried laughing!

"We give gold, you buy pretty dress." Blizzard better make a murloc say that in the game! It'd be epic!

Ashley Was the name of the main character in Evil Dead, so that makes it a rather awesome name.

Except for the last panel, everything was funny.

xD

Just... xD

That was pretty good.

But the real question IS...Is it just a boy with an unfortunate name or a girl?

HAHAHAHA!
That was good.

"no need fight we give gold!"
"Go buy pretty dress!"

Awesome.

Ashley is a girls name? Wah?

That was crap; not even a chuckle.

i lol'd hard at the comic, but please stop drawing yourself with massive muttonchops, its distracting

hah! i dont post on official forums any how. Never saw a reason as its always more lame than ones from the player community :P

I'm liking this comic more and more.

My boyfriend actually gets this already. He seems to have a hard time choosing names that can't be construed as feminine. One of his characters can be shortened to Ella, while the other is just Jaimee (his name is Jamie, short for James, but it was taken already, and he'd never heard of Jaimee as a girl's name). Poor guy.

The_root_of_all_evil:
Hehehehe...Ashleigh.

But yeah, it's not so great when that hot elf you've been chatting up is called Frank either.

I'm pretty sure that was the point of the comic. Guys aren't the only ones that cross-play because of how they assume people will treat them.

Ok, that one needed one more panel... or one less. In fact, I would have called it a winner without the last panel. The player's response in a panel all to itself was really not required.

Overall, I liked it though. Definitely in the better half of the series so far.

- Tir

Please put these in the homepage somewhere,I never notice them,and stumble upon such gems only by accident.

lol as always, being anonymous also better allows you to be an asshole online =/
but then again, when you begin to identify with your username/avatar then maybe...

Meemaimoh:
I'm liking this comic more and more.

My boyfriend actually gets this already. He seems to have a hard time choosing names that can't be construed as feminine. One of his characters can be shortened to Ella, while the other is just Jaimee (his name is Jamie, short for James, but it was taken already, and he'd never heard of Jaimee as a girl's name). Poor guy.

Hey, he might just like having a little feminine flare to his online persona. It's okay, we won't judge!

...so yeah

Those who are wondering how to read a comic like this one

You start from upper left to the upper right. You go back to the second row to the left and go right. Easy.

Also, this comic is hilariously evil and entertaining. These series never cease to cease amaze me!

silly Murlocs...good one there

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or