Critical Miss: #17

Pages PREV 1 2

No. Just no. If you're going to make fun of a guy for having a girl's name, after Evil Dead it can no longer be Ashley. That name is now awesome. This is twice now that you've insulted Ashley J. Williams by proxy and I won't take any more of it.

I was initially confused by the direction i was supposed to read it. Then I remembered it wasn't a manga :P

OT: HILARIOUS! X3 I love it ^^

You know, I prefer this comic when it's more about Erin and her weird workplace. That's not to say the game gags are bad, or that there shouldn't be any, but there are SO MANY comics out there that do nothing but make jokes about gaming or games themselves that it's really hard to stand out. I thought the concept of Erin reviewing games in a place with a bear and OH GOD ITS THE GIRL FROM THE GRUDGE was more interesting personally, and left a lot more room for interest beyond just repeating silly aspects of gaming culture or news at me. Just my two cents!

Dora:
You know, I prefer this comic when it's more about Erin and her weird workplace. That's not to say the game gags are bad, or that there shouldn't be any, but there are SO MANY comics out there that do nothing but make jokes about gaming or games themselves that it's really hard to stand out. I thought the concept of Erin reviewing games in a place with a bear and OH GOD ITS THE GIRL FROM THE GRUDGE was more interesting personally, and left a lot more room for interest beyond just repeating silly aspects of gaming culture or news at me. Just my two cents!

That's a fair point. Sadly whenever we do a pure character strip people come in and say the exacty opposite, that we should stick to gaming gags.

Generally we just try to hit on what we see as important news. The whole Real Id thing seemed like it was going to be the herald of a total shift in the way we use the net. Using anonymity to get away with being rude is one of the founding freedoms of the internet.

I also really like those heckling fucking Murlocks.

Grey Carter:

That's a fair point. Sadly whenever we do a pure character strip people come in and say the exacty opposite, that we should stick to gaming gags.

Generally we just try to hit on what we see as important news. The whole Real Id thing seemed like it was going to be the herald of a total shift in the way we use the net. Using anonymity to get away with being rude is one of the founding freedoms of the internet.

You can't please all of the people all the time, nor should you try. :) I wasn't saying I disliked topical comics, so I hope I wasn't coming across as overly negative!

There's just a certain trainwreck of a webcomic out there about gaming journalism I hate already, so I was glad to see one I think is actually funny and unique.

Oh, I love murlocs.

MRGLRGRLRLRLRLRASHLEYMRGLRLRLR

Nice one, as usual.

Dora:

Grey Carter:

You can't please all of the people all the time, nor should you try. :) I wasn't saying I disliked topical comics, so I hope I wasn't coming across as overly negative!

There's just a certain trainwreck of a webcomic out there about gaming journalism I hate already, so I was glad to see one I think is actually funny and unique.

Oh that other one? I forget the name but the artist from "count your sheep" took over didn't he?

Why do I imagine Doomwarden sound like Dr.Weird?

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, STEVE!"

This whole real name things can bring up major weirdness.

By discovering that the hot elf chick you were talking to is actually a guy ( probably a little fat and sweaty), and that the musclebound dwarf you've been argueing with is actually a girl (50% chance of being excedingly pretty), brings up awkward moments and other circumstances that would be preferably avoided.

The key to online harmony is anonymity.

LitigationJackson:
i lol'd hard at the comic, but please stop drawing yourself with massive muttonchops, its distracting

"Stop drawing YOURSELF with...?" Could be that you have kind of a misconception about this comic.

Marmooset:

liamwazhere:
I don't understand which direction I am suppose to read it in

The letters go from left to right.

And in manga, the panes go from right to left. Think before you call someone out for, what in your mind, is stupidity beyond comprehension.

Also, lol at the comic. My ex's name is Ashley, and she acted just like that. And she posed as a guy in WoW at one point for that very reason. >.> Ashley, I thought you deleted your female death knight... oh, I see why.

heh heh heh.... Ashley....

Good job, guys.

I didn't get it.

That was the best entry in this series yet. I especially love the "dorp" look on the afk character's face.

Imagined if I play WoW. If my nickname was revealed, then I would have people spelling my name wrong (like Facebook). -_-

Twinmill5000:

Marmooset:

liamwazhere:
I don't understand which direction I am suppose to read it in

The letters go from left to right.

And in manga, the panes go from right to left. Think before you call someone out for, what in your mind, is stupidity beyond comprehension.

I understood that he meant frames, while I meant letters.
A) It was a joke, based upon deliberate misinterpretation. I hadn't judged any poster in this thread - until now.
B) How something is done in manga is not a worthwhile basis for anything.

Now I've called someone out. Whattya think?

LOL! thats awesome. But i must argue with this.

I would totally support this for XBL lol.

Donnyp:

Naturally PA blew us out of the water. The whole "Sethian nature" panel is fantastic, did in one panel what we tried to do in like 9.

Grey Carter:

Donnyp:

Naturally PA blew us out of the water. The whole "Sethian nature" panel is fantastic, did in one panel what we tried to do in like 9.

Not only is it the thought that counts but they have been doing it for a long time lol.

I think it is the Murlocs that made it so funny for me, great strip this week.

Jaredin:
Lmao, Ashley joke. Its not to much a problem in UK, as, its pretty accepted you can be called it here, but...I hear oppositte in US...and, I think the comic proves it!

Hilarious reaction though, love it

Yeah I know 2 people called Ashley here and they are not really that big on the name but we dont tease about it. A names no big problem xD

My old PE teacher was called Ashley, he held no power over us nerdlings.

Man... that's like Highschool all over again O.o

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or