Escapist News Network: Minced Words: Blizzard's Real ID

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Minced Words: Blizzard's Real ID

If we lose online anonymity, untold hate speech may be lost.

Watch Video

Great episode this week. Loved how ENN has matured through the ages too ;)

Great ENN, crappy car ad killed the window part way through tho :(

RIP Graham's music references.

I enjoyed seeing how ENN would have looked in previous decades. Very clever!

Keep the music alive Graham!

And I may be absolutly mad, but I do believe that the "Dickwad Theory" is enshrined in most modernized Psychological societies. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's become a treatment for tourettes.

I had to clap my hand over my mouth not to laught out loud in the office!

And Graham... Stay classy.

BlueInkAlchemist - They've got some older archive footage that's from the silent era, but it's too fragile to convert to get online. Nitrate film: it's a bitch.

The Hideo Kojima joke nearly killed me.

It's just... It's just too funny...

Holy crap the flashbacks were hilarious!

Also, Mr. Funk the Ass Manager was hilarious!

Too much hilarious!

Do you actually have a room like that Funk or was that green screened in?

At least when the rumbling Kinect breaks, that person will have a Dreamcast to play.

you know i don't recall ENN being on for that long also years before any of you guys were born.
but anyway how awkward is it to say i was singing the lyrics that Graham was saying.

Lovin the old skool ENN!
Im going to complain to Nintendo now that my eyes dont support a rumble option with the 3DS. I also have one eye.

Also, lovin the Alan Wake reference.

Also, is that a bit of John Funk? I reconize the voice??

Also, also.

"I'm going to stop making music reference if you are not going to play along."

"Good"

No one can have PvZ! Its so awesome!

And the ZoE3...or lackthere of makes me sad ; ;

Great episode. Loved the metal gear segment and the Alan Wake reference at the end. And the Kinect rumble trailer was funny as well. The main story seemed a bit long I thought and didn't really enjoy it much.

Jaredin:
No one can have PvZ! Its so awesome!

And the ZoE3...or lackthere of makes me sad ; ;

Excuse me; what?

OT: nice touch to let us see what eNN used to look like. : ) And John Funk! Great to see you use Escapist staff too. ^^

If only the RealID move had gone ahead..

As a non-player of their games since Warcraft 1, it would have been cool to see what happened.

>.>

haha yes stop making music references!

I nearly died of laughter with the whole "X-Box 360, **** you guys" thing.

And is Graham actually one of hundreds of clones locked in suspended animation, a new one brought out when the previous one dies, cause that would be awesome. I know LRR Has only been going for a few years though, so it probably just means you're going to discover a time travelling machine in the future and use it to go back in time and achieve the above comment.

I would see Real I.D actually taking trolling to an entirely new level. A troll begins to harass you so you stop responding to him. The next day you receive a phone call from him, making inflamatory and threatening remarks. Pizza's that you didn't deliver start being sent to your door. Hell if you have were you work posted online, imagine all the damage that could be done when the person calls your place of employment in a rant. All these things happened to Blizzard Employee Baishok just an hour after he posted his real name on the forums, as a sign of good fate.

Also don't get me started on google. A potential employer googles your name, the first thing that comes up is a 15 page argument on whether Death Knights are overpowered or not. That will almost always leave a bad impression.

Blizzard could fix about 90% of the trolling problems if they just bothered to fork out an extra couple thousand bucks a month for some full time moderators. Hell, they could appoint community moderators and do it for free.

This was probably the funniest video I've ever seen on this website XD

ZergInfestedJesus:
I would see Real I.D actually taking trolling to an entirely new level. A troll begins to harass you so you stop responding to him. The next day you receive a phone call from him, making inflamatory and threatening remarks. Pizza's that you didn't deliver start being sent to your door. Hell if you have were you work posted online, imagine all the damage that could be done when the person calls your place of employment in a rant. All these things happened to Blizzard Employee Baishok just an hour after he posted his real name on the forums, as a sign of good fate.

Also don't get me started on google. A potential employer googles your name, the first thing that comes up is a 15 page argument on whether Death Knights are overpowered or not. That will almost always leave a bad impression.

Blizzard could fix about 90% of the trolling problems if they just bothered to fork out an extra couple thousand bucks a month for some full time moderators. Hell, they could appoint community moderators and do it for free.

There are plenty of serious discussion threads for that topic already. Take it there.

photo sharing started on flickr not facebook

i see the real id working but yet failing is some way. for instance people giving fake name

Graham looks good for being 80+ years old.

edit: Could Graham be the Highlander.

ChumSnuggler? ChunSmuggler?
W/e, get it on Urban Dictionary.

Haha, I'm looking forward to the feedback function on Natal, Mr Croshaw did say that motion controls are unimmersive without force feedback, heres his answer I guess

Eeeek, Mr. Funk!

And I loved "ENN through the ages".

Haha, I loved the flashback part back to the "old days" of ENN. And John is two shaved off sideburns away from looking like a gangster. ;)

Anyone else notice the goggles in the background? Methinks this was staged, I call shenanigans on this whole affair. It's a damned conspiracy I say, I shall expose your lies!

PS. I'm kidding, go flame someone else you damn dirty apes.

That Hideo Kojima joke was brilliant...

1950s Graham ftw

Ass. Manager, pelicans, music references, very funny stuff keep up the good work.

I have never considered any one episode of ENN to be a favourite of mine. This... might change that. XD

LOL the rumble kinect made me laugh xD esp the end card

XD I have that shirt!

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook