Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

I really don't like it when games of a series change between installments. (*coughSoniccough*)New things to do is one thing, but changing the game is dumb imo.

If I liked game A, then why does it's sequel have to be different. I liked that game and I want to play that game in a new way. That's what a video game sequel is. By changing the game, you change what made the first game fun. I wouldn't buy a sequel if the first one sucked and I would buy something new if I wanted to play something new.

If someone made a 'Chess 2' then why would they go and change the rules of the game to make it something totally different only for the reason of 'keeping it fresh?' If I wanted something new, I'd play Checkers!

If you want something new, don't waste your money on a sequel, instead go and buy something new! Is it really that hard to comprehend?

Now, with that said, I've really lost interest in Mario games. Not because they are reiterations of previous titles, but just because I've pretty much lost interest in Mario games. I just don't find them fun anymore. I own Galaxy, but I only played it till like level 2 and then put it away. It has been collecting dust ever since.

I love how you can't seem to find anything really legitimate to whine about, so you just go on and on about how Nintendo can't have homages to their past games, returning to 2-D style and gameplay (NSMBWii) = "stagnation" (WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE A GAME THAT'S LIKE THE NOSTALGIA DAYS!?! WTF WHY'D THEY GO BACKWARDS AND MAKE A GAME LIKE THE OLD ONES I WANT COMPLETELY NEW AND SHINY!! MARIO CAN RIDE YOSHI IN THIS NEW GAME BUT HE RODE YOSHI BACK IN 1991 HOW LAZY AND RIP-OFFING!! WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO CAN NEVER BE PLEASED, HEAR US MOAN!!), and your constant bile-spewing of Nintendo in general, which makes one wonder why you bother to even do any of their games. And then you praise other games and companies for doing the exact same thing. Hypocritical bias much?

And if you had actually paid attention to the ending of the first game, it shows that Bowser's failed attempt to remake the galaxy reset the clock to before the Star Festival (and I can already hear you whining about "laziness" and "ripped off Sonic 2006" and other petty complaining).

DeathWyrmNexus:

Towowo2:

DeathWyrmNexus:
Ya know, after all this time, I wonder how hard it is to get a job working at Nintendo... It isn't exactly like you need to innovate or come up with anything. Hell, I think I could butcher ideas together in the writing department then pass the cocaine bucket without being greedy.

Honestly if you think Nintendo never innovated then you have some facts to look up. I'll probably be deemed a fanboy for saying this but, who popularized analog control?

Just because they've been using the same franchises for a long time doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Care to read the part where I said Writing department and not tech?

What more story does Mario need? Evil beings come to take over the place, Mario and friends defeat them. Mario doesn't need grimdark hardcore drugs-sex-and-blood shit, if you want that there's plenty of other game series.

BaronKRoolenstein:

DeathWyrmNexus:

Towowo2:

Honestly if you think Nintendo never innovated then you have some facts to look up. I'll probably be deemed a fanboy for saying this but, who popularized analog control?

Just because they've been using the same franchises for a long time doesn't mean they aren't trying.

Care to read the part where I said Writing department and not tech?

What more story does Mario need? Evil beings come to take over the place, Mario and friends defeat them. Mario doesn't need grimdark hardcore drugs-sex-and-blood shit, if you want that there's plenty of other game series.

Perhaps I am mistaken but where did I say any of that was needed? You're projecting pretty hard there... See also the fact that I am making a point about never innovating or developing new intellectual property. I have no idea what tree you're barking at but I would appreciate it if you could keep your fan wank to yourself as it has nothing to do with what I am talking about.

@BaronKRoolenstein:

I'm going to have to agree with DeathWyrmNexus here, and so will most readers I'm sure.

By the way, you sound terribly insecure; if you really liked the game, and are convinced that it truly was fun, you shouldn't have to register on the Escapist's forum just to defend it (oh yes, I can read your join date and number of posts, as can everyone else).

To borrow a phrase from Yahtzee: You're projecting so hard you could point yourself at a wall and show off Powerpoint presentations!

Yahtzee, will you be my friend?

You know, this was the episode I said to myself that I'd stop watching Zero Punctuation, but after playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 extensively, I see that most of what Yahtzee said in this review is completely spot-on.

You know, I wouldn't consider this just a small step past Galaxy 1 if only the naming of things was changed. "World" is usually synonymous with "planet" (and some "galaxies" in this game are only one planet), while the term "galaxy" means something that's definitely larger than a solar system. "World" and "galaxy" are used in the wrong ways in this game. It would be nice if the "galaxies" were organized by a central theme like in Ye Olde Super Mario Bros 3.

Also, would it kill Nintendo to give some hint-y names for their green stars? They can even be named after the planet they're on, like "frozen volcano" or "little crater".

DarthNader26:
Did anyone else actually stop the video and go watch the SMG review while gleefully imagining Yahtzee slapping himself the whole time you're watching it?

;D

I did I opend up another tab and watched his review of the frist one

i acctually paused the video, got a glass of wine and whatched his review of galaxy 1 in another tab

Pages PREV 1 . . . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here