Escapist News Network: All in the Cards

Pages 1 2 NEXT

All in the Cards

ComicCon gets picketed, GameStop whines and a gaming entrepreneur shows us his new take on a card game... "classic".

Watch Video

'kind of urgent'

didnt get the pen15 until Kathleen mentioned it. Damn im slow today!

i remember doing the pen15 to people. if it was the night after a party they would get it on their forehead with a sharpie!
nerds: God hates jerks too! XD
'sixty two"
"fifty two"
"that's what i said" LOL! i got a good giggle from that.

crotalidian:
'kind of urgent'

Yeah, me too. I think I need coffee or something.

Good to see Alex getting in on the act! Not sure if I've seen him since Phailhaüs 28.

"I could bust it like this, or I could bust it like this..."

crotalidian:
'kind of urgent'

Same.

Funny video, totally made up for the advertisment popping up mid opening credits!

Nerds: God hates Jerks too! LOL!!!

My dad doesn't have a Solitaire problem, he has a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 problem. Seriously, he plays the ever loving shit out of that game, for years now. It's really a bit concerning. At least before he used to play some Starcraft or Warcraft 2, but nowdays it's just HoMM3. I'm starting to get concerned...

The Golden Calf Man bit was very funny.

Hehe...Starcraft is staring at you...staring...intently!

And the gamestop story...oh dear /facepalm!

Was Jeremy's "out of hand" pun intentional?
Anywhich way good episode.

Th...there are people who WANT to touch Courtney Love? Seriously?

GrahamS:
All in the Cards

ComicCon gets picketed, GameStop whines and a gaming entrepreneur shows us his new take on a card game... "classic".

Watch Video

The smallest violin?

Kathleen: this was your suave-est hairflip ever, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Mmmmmmm, kathleen, I had a dream about Kathleen last night (among others) so hot!

Anyways, good video, can't wait to play Virtual 52 Card pick-up

how did none of the people with the first few posts get the pen 15 thing! Its so completely obvious if you think about it. Ah well. Good ENN anyways.

Another awesome ENN. You guys never fail to brighten my day.

http://www.findprivateclinics.ca/Tattoo_Removal/180-0.html Here you go, Graham! A list of Canadian Tattoo Removal Clinics. Enjoy!

I really need to talk to my dad about his addiction...

Quiet Stranger:
Mmmmmmm, kathleen, I had a dream about Kathleen last night (among others) so hot!

There's a rule against this you know.

OT: I'm only getting a Kinect if they put MineSweeper on there. I'm a fucking MineSweeping pro.

Pen 15? I don't get it... anyway if you want to write on arms you need a good pen: I know a great website for one: http://www.penisland.net/

...wait.

BlueInkAlchemist:

crotalidian:
'kind of urgent'

Yeah, me too. I think I need coffee or something.

Good to see Alex getting in on the act! Not sure if I've seen him since Phailhaüs 28.

"I could bust it like this, or I could bust it like this..."

You haven't been watching the Crapshots?!
Blasphemy!

Is it just me, or was Jer doing both doing his normal role and the guy making the 52-Pickup game? I guess after calling Jer filler in cHustle this week, you needed some way to apologize to him.

I gotta tell ya, ever since I downloaded StarCraft 2, it's been taunting me for days. Son of a bitch never shuts up.

Alright! Always happy to see Quickbender!

This week's was gold from start to finish. Great work guys!

Funny as usual, was I the only one who spent ages squinting at the screen trying to see that wikipedia page only to realise that it was the page for 52 pickup...
Does that count as subliminal messaging to have that in the background?

I loved the bit about the gamestop not wanting to do re-selling and it said down the bottom "Gamers play tiny violin."

MowDownJoe:
Is it just me, or was Jer doing both doing his normal role and the guy making the 52-Pickup game? I guess after calling Jer filler in cHustle this week, you needed some way to apologize to him.

The guy making the game was James... in awesome glasses.

Though I do agree that they need to apologize for calling Jer "filler."

Thank you Kathleen for that wonderful stab at Gamestops insane overpriced used games cuz buying a new copy of Wii Sports Resort was a better deal than getting a used one for some reason.

8bitmaster:
how did none of the people with the first few posts get the pen 15 thing! Its so completely obvious if you think about it. Ah well. Good ENN anyways.

I didn't get it, having never seen it done before or written down. And I don't appreciate my intelligence being insulted, you chun-smuggler.

Isn't Ryan dead?

Also, why is he the only regular with a false name, and not in the intro?

I quit Farmville last week

The video was decent, but the "pen 15" club thing made me guffaw. like, literally.

Jandau:
My dad doesn't have a Solitaire problem, he has a Heroes of Might and Magic 3 problem. Seriously, he plays the ever loving shit out of that game, for years now. It's really a bit concerning. At least before he used to play some Starcraft or Warcraft 2, but nowdays it's just HoMM3. I'm starting to get concerned...

It doesn't help the addiction but to add some variety ever heard of the Kings Bounty games ()Steam link), KB: The Legendand KB: Armored Princess? It has a lot in common with your typical hack & slash RPG except it uses the old HoMM style turn based combat.

For ENN, I didn't get the PEN15 thing either, which was good for a laugh when they pointed it out. Would be cool if I was still in highschool for that one.

62... (52)

That's what I said

RandV80:

Jandau:

It doesn't help the addiction but to add some variety ever heard of the Kings Bounty games ()Steam link), KB: The Legendand KB: Armored Princess? It has a lot in common with your typical hack & slash RPG except it uses the old HoMM style turn based combat.

The thing is, new games don't work. I tried setting him up with Warcraft 3 or Heroes 5, but to no avail. It's HoMM3. Just HoMM3. And Minesweeper.

Well said Kathleen. F you Gamestop!!! What's next, Activision whining about how they don't want to make Call of Duty and Guitar Hero?

Brillo as ever :)

I have a feeling that 52 pickup is a very accurate predication of the kinds of shovelware that will infest the kinect

Zeeky_Santos:

Quiet Stranger:

There's a rule against this you know.

OT: I'm only getting a Kinect if they put MineSweeper on there. I'm a fucking MineSweeping pro.

Wasn't anything sexual, annnnnd no i didn't know actually, to share dreams plus I've seen so many people discuss people in the videos

AngryMongoose:
Isn't Ryan dead?

No. Someone tried to kill him, but he was not around at the time.

Also, why is he the only regular

Ryan, like Dr. Holly or ChadX, is a recurring character, but not a regular. He shows up in about one episode a month.

with a false name,

Because Matthew J. Wiggins is not an industry analyst; the fictional character of Ryan Quickbender is.

and not in the intro?

Because he is not a regular. In more more broad terms, ENN's intro credits the four people who put many hours every week into creating it. In the context of the show's "mythology" he is also not part of the news team -- he's a paid, third-party commentator.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here